hypertrophy workouts

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
is it necessary to do a 3 or 4 day split for a hypertrophic workout?
or could i train a single body part a day while using a hypertrophic rep range and weight range? i would still give myself 2 days to rest. i think a better question would be, which is more effective at building muscle and why?

i will be using x-factor.

Thanks
GJJ

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes, you can do a 5-day split - there are tons of them around. I have found, however, that full body routines promote overall growth better - more muscles worked = more lactic acid = more GH release. This is my opinion tho, you have to do what works for you, but I would recommend you give em a try.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm trained to do a single bodypart a day in a hyp rep and weight range. I'm getting some of the other body parts worked on other days just as secondary parts anyway. I'm still gaining muscle depending on upping weights or lowering reps as needed.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
There are many ways to induce hypertrophy!:woohoo:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet and overload are the most important factors in gaining size. Whether it be reps, weight, or volume, constantly increasing the overload on the muscle is paramount. This is one of the main principles of DC training and it is one of the few routines that increases both size and strength.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
yes, you can do a 5-day split - there are tons of them around. I have found, however, that full body routines promote overall growth better - more muscles worked = more lactic acid = more GH release. This is my opinion tho, you have to do what works for you, but I would recommend you give em a try.

cool thanks!

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
I'm trained to do a single bodypart a day in a hyp rep and weight range. I'm getting some of the other body parts worked on other days just as secondary parts anyway. I'm still gaining muscle depending on upping weights or lowering reps as needed.

sounds like sick! i cant wait to start!! thanks for the info!!

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
Diet and overload are the most important factors in gaining size. Whether it be reps, weight, or volume, constantly increasing the overload on the muscle is paramount. This is one of the main principles of DC training and it is one of the few routines that increases both size and strength.

dc huh... i will look in to that type of training!! thanks man!

sohardbody

Awards
Yeah man, many different combinations. It's about finding what you respond to best. My training split is 1-on/1-off. I train the muscles extensively and do ab work on each workout day as well. I respond good to this split. Keep in mind though I change my training split every couple of months.