what is better for size

jchurch

Awards
to make ur chest bigger and stick out more what do u recomend for a grip really wide just wide or shoulder width grip on the barbell

KLaw666

KLaw666

Awards
i personally never use a wide grip on bench. . . . heavy weight + wide grip can put u in a compromising situation. not to mention the limited ROM. i would do some heavy dumbell flys to hit the outside of your chest. jus my .02

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
i personally never use a wide grip on bench. . . . heavy weight + wide grip can put u in a compromising situation. not to mention the limited ROM. i would do some heavy dumbell flys to hit the outside of your chest. jus my .02

X2

DB flys will give you a great increase, did for me. Also rotate it, do normal DB flys then do incline and decline DB flys, that should stimulate them pectorals for ya.

Machine Mind

Machine Mind

Awards
My chest grew a lot when I quit flat benching altogether. Relied a lot on Dips, Dumbell movements, and Incline movements. The Hammer Strength Wide Chest machine has also been working great for me.

buster12

Awards
Bench press gets too much hype. I quit flat bench 2 years ago and now when people see my chest, they think im sum bench pressing freak. I love the look on their faces when i tell them i dont bench.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Bench press gets too much hype. I quit flat bench 2 years ago and now when people see my chest, they think I'm sum bench pressing freak. I love the look on their faces when i tell them i don't bench.
Just out of curiosity, what do you do for chest?

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established

dommer

Banned
Awards
My chest grew a lot when I quit flat benching altogether. Relied a lot on Dips, Dumbell movements, and Incline movements. The Hammer Strength Wide Chest machine has also been working great for me.
i love all the hammer strength machines they help me do stuff i normally wouldnt due to my shoulder injury

tattoopierced1

various angled DB presses, various rep cadence, DB pullovers, and cable flys. I stay away from BB Bench

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
i love all the hammer strength machines they help me do stuff i normally wouldnt due to my shoulder injury
Hammer Strength Iso-Laterals were a godsend for me. Helped me get through a long-term shoulder injury. I f'ing love them.

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
Bench press gets too much hype. I quit flat bench 2 years ago and now when people see my chest, they think im sum bench pressing freak. I love the look on their faces when i tell them i dont bench.

yah, what's with it? i'm curious now too. haha.

lonewolf77

Awards
Its confusing when people refer to the Barbell Bench press as "Bench Press" or a Flat Bench Press as "Bench Press". And then go on to say i dont bench press, instead i do Dumbell Bench Presses, Incline Bench presses.

A Bench press is a press done on a bench and can cover all sorts of angles and bars (dumbells are bars as well, just smaller!) being used on it. I think people should put in more detail when they talk about a bench press. A Barbell Bench press should be called a Barbell Bench Press, not a Bench press. A Barbell Flat Bench press should be called a Barbell Flat Bench Press. I am not trying to be pedantic but it confuses a lot of people around.

In my workout logs I always make sure to include the angle of the Bench press and what bars / dumbells used...

Its like saying i dont take Whey Protein anymore (meaning Whey Protein Concentrate), I just take WPI or like saying i dont squat anymore, i just front squat, hack squat, box squat etc. Just because the most common form of squat is a back squat it doesnt mean a squat is a back squat.

buster12

Awards
srry i never responded on the chest question. i forgot all about this post. I usually switch it up from week to week. Always start with incline bench, then incline dumbell flyes, and some kinds of incline machine move. Switches alot though. I only do flat moves once every month. Its alot more developed, and it never seems to get bad because incline moves do stimulate the other parts of the chest and anterior delts involuntarily.

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
Flat bench always kills my shoulders so I haven't done it consistently in probably 3 years or more.

My chest has grown great using dips, incline and flat DB presses, and incline bench.

buster12

Awards
Flat bench always kills my shoulders so I haven't done it consistently in probably 3 years or more.

My chest has grown great using dips, incline and flat DB presses, and incline bench.
agreed

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
Honestly, I rarely ever use any type of flys or pre exhaust or anything else for chest either. Blast the hell out of them with heavy ass dips and presses then use DC's extreme stretching and boom, bigger chest.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Dumbells, Decline and changing it up, don't forget Time Under Tension!

Explode up, slow 4 count down.

oh yeah and

~ Fundamental Guidelines ~
  • Workout hard - There are many different workout regimes, many that work well. Generally: Strength training is in the 6 rep range / Bodybuilding in the 8-10 rep range. - Rep range warmup: 15 ( sets 1 & 2 ) Working: 10, 8, 6 last three sets add drop sets to failure )

• Fast Efficient Workouts = 1hr - This is not hard and fast but studies have shown that Cortisol rises after 1hr

• Protein shake immediately after workout and then protein meal with carbs etc within 1hr

• Creatine - Mono or CEE you decide. Both before and after workout.

• Daily meals - 5 - 6 day ( including shakes ) protein = 1g per pound of body weight. Meal 1 ( breakies ) is shake plus oatmeal or whatever else you want ( apple is good fibre / system crap mover ), Meal 6 is post workout shake with creatine etc and then solid food meal. Carbs tapered down from morning to evening and fats tapered up from morning to evening. Protein is a constant.

• Sleep 8 - 10 hrs a night ( very imp for all natural BB'ers )

• Supps - Do you note the order in which these are and where supps come??? - a) Multivitamin / B complex b) Whey protein c) creatine e) Test boosters / stacks etc
~ Exercises ~
  • Squats - Biggest muscle and boosts test like crazy, work em hard and see results big time.

• Deadlifts / Chins / Bent over Rows / Pulldowns - 1st attempt either an palm up or palm down chin at the beginning of your back workout, if you can do one, try two, if you can do 15, add weight. Most important for back is to make the mind / muscle connection. Concentrate ( start with low weight and excellent form ) on getting a good contraction and not swinging with the weight. Calm controlled up down with good squeeze of lats at bottom of rep. All about the connection / squeeze

• Leg press

• Flat Bench Dumbell / Barbell - Always swap it up, it takes more muscle etc to do dumbells ( stabilizing muscles etc ) but switch it up - Start with dips to hit lower chest then move to flat bench / incline.

• Core work - Abs / lower back - work the weaker harder.
This should give you a good idea....Best thing for test.....squats ....good form, warm up well, be careful and grow!

Here's some links to get you started:

Training Primer

HIIT High Intensity Interval Cardio Training

Bill Starr 5x5 - Madcow Intermediate or Linear Version

Bodybuilding Nutrition - Sample Bodybuilding Diet

The Training Information Vault (programs, exercises and more) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Anabolic Diet | Sample Bodybuilders Diet