Hurricane Vacation (Splain me this)

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  163 lbs.
    Answers

Hurricane Vacation (Splain me this)

So I was recently displaced due to hurricane Gustav, and was without a gym, supplements or sufficient foods to maintain my diet for about 5 days(first time in 6 months). When returning home I was expecting to be heavy by a few pounds but was actually down 4lbs. Today was the 3rd day back into it and im already back up 5lbs, I look leaner, feel, stronger, and I swear my muscles are fuller
    :bb3:
    can anyone make sense of this for me

2. Registered User
    Answers

you might have been overtraining and time off was the perfect remedy for new muscle growth.

The initial weight loss could have been water loss due to no creatine, if you take it.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Same thing happened to me. Except i didnt get displaced my dumb*** stayed in baton rouge and had to live off of canned hash and soup for a week with nothing but a pull up bar for training. After that week off I was able to get back on my diet and back in the gym and now im leaner and lifting more than i have in months. Go figure?
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

Hope you recover from Gustav. Glad to hear that you're alive and well.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

sounds like the break did your body good
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

i just took about 10 weeks off, my diet consisted of pizza, burgers and huge amounts of beer and vodka (i was travelling europe).I dropped to 102kg from 108kg. when i got back to the gym i couldnt even bench 155lb for ten reps after doing 245 for ten before i left. One month back and my strength is almost back to where it was and im sitting pretty at 110kg. I swear im bigger now then i was before. The body works in mysterious ways. A few weeks break per year is very important i know think.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    i just took about 10 weeks off, my diet consisted of pizza, burgers and huge amounts of beer and vodka (i was travelling europe).I dropped to 102kg from 108kg. when i got back to the gym i couldnt even bench 155lb for ten reps after doing 245 for ten before i left. One month back and my strength is almost back to where it was and im sitting pretty at 110kg. I swear im bigger now then i was before. The body works in mysterious ways. A few weeks break per year is very important i know think.
    yeah, its cool how your body remembers.....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Another %$#%$# Hurricane!!!!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 04:16 PM
  2. I'm going to ride the hurricane.
    By Harland in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 10:54 AM