thinkin about changing up my weight training, shud i keep the way it is or change it?

1. thinkin about changing up my weight training, shud i keep the way it is or change it?

I do this....

Moderate reps with heavy weight = muscle hypertophy or muscle mass (8-12 reps x 12 sets)

i was thinking about changing up my weight training to this....

WEEKS 1-2 = High reps plus low weight = fast twitch muscle fiber or endurance gains (18-20 or 20-25 reps x 12 sets)
    WEEKS 2-4 = Low reps plus heavy weight = slow twitch muscle or strength gains (6-8 reps x 12 sets)
    WEEKS 5-6 = Moderate reps with heavy weight = muscle hypertophy or muscle mass (8-12 reps x 12 sets)
    (repeat)

MY SPLIT

back/arms
    chest/tris
    legs/shoulders

1on/1off
    1on/1off
    1on/2off/ i do cardio on all off days & i pick 2 off days to do abs on 1 day & forearms on the other.

im cutting right now, honestly its more like a cut/recomp.

i want to work on endurance to help keep my training tight. i also thought that changing it up every 2 weeks wud help create sum muscle confusion to hopefully avoid a plateau & so that my progress has a constant elevation

most likely will not follow this weight training plan once ive completed my cut & complete my goal @ ~5% BF & go back2 my normal weight training.

shud i keep it the way it is, or change it to this new weight training plan? any suggestions?

2. I had more success with my cut when I dropped the reps to the 6-8 range...It's good to switch it up a lot, but I think 2 weeks is too often, but if it's workin, do it. I consinstently got stronger on my cut staying in the 6-8 rep range for the majority of it. At first I was doin' 10-12.

3. When cutting (as I am now) if I don't stick with heavy low reps I lose strength and feel I suffer a great loss of muscle.

Normally do 6-8 reps with 10 reps to warm up.
    I feel it best to change up the exercises I do as opposed to the weight and reps for each muscle.

Everyone is diffrent listen to your body and how it responds.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nutrition help due to training change
    By jspillane08 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 10:39 PM
  2. Day 10 M-drol - no change in weight or strength yet?
    By Rabidpanda25 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 01:46 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 06:42 PM
  4. Looking to change training routine--Advice?
    By Irish Cannon in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 02:49 PM
  5. Making the change from high to low volume training
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 11:05 PM