1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Power=Work/time

What's the fastest workout you've done? I ask because I just started going back to my old gym. And I forgot that they close at 5:00 on Wednesday. Well, I show up at 4:50!

From 4:50 to 5:01, including moving the weights around, I did:

Squats

4x15, 12, 10, 8

Dead lifts

5x10, 8, 6, 5, 9 (dropped a plate off on this last set)

Can we say brain explosion?! I then had to come home and do my ham curls and some forearm work. But with them, I got to take a bit more time.

Now you tell me that ain't hardcore. Heh. What have you had to do in a short time? Or what did you choose to do in a short time?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'6"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.5%

so what does your fore-arm consiste of
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by silver back View Post
    so what does your fore-arm consiste of
    out in front reverse wrist curls 3x15 (like at the top of a front raise and the bar just stays there and you curl your wrists up; just learned these from westide for "skinny bastards")

wrist curls 3x15

plate pinchers (til fatigued to the max) 3xfailure
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I guess I get the Hardcore Lifter of AM award.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    I guess I get the Hardcore Lifter of AM award.
    not a quick workout but heres a dumbass typical teenager story parents are outta town freedom! so i work from 1-9 before work drink a tall boy smoked 2 philly xl's went to work come home ate at my gmas went to my house got together with friends went tping and just crusin around with girls out to eat etc... anyways person we wanted to tp was awake till like 430 bought a monster at walmart drank that to stay awake got hoome at about 630 or 7 in the morning took my betasine and worked out and hit 185 x 3 it was last summer and that was the highest # of times id hit 185 haha.
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Manimalia my man you need to get into Crossfit. You are the PERFECT CANDIDATE for this program. Your workout echos the foundations of Crossfit, that of "functional movements peformed at high intensity".
    It would not be uncommon for a similiar workout to be used as a heavy met-con WOD, probably would look a little more like this though -
    5 rounds for time:
    15 Squats, 10 Deadlifts
    12 Squats, 8 Deadlifts
    10 Squats, 6 Deadlifts

Something like that... but man, just TRY IT! You're just the guy that would love this kind of ****. That feeling of total body exhaustion is something else!

One of the hardest short WOD's I've done is a workout called "Fran". This one is very deceiving. It consists of two exercises, Thrusters and Pullups. A thruster is a front squat + a push press, one fluid movement. Pullups, kipping style (higher power output)
    21-15-19
    95lb Thruster
    Pullups

21 Thrusters, 21 pullups, 15 thrusters, 15 pullups... it's a SMOKER. A great time for the first time would be a sub 5:00, and competative times get into the mid 2:00 range. Top recorded best at the moment is 2:02 I believe, which is an incredible power output. Check it out!
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    Manimalia my man you need to get into Crossfit. You are the PERFECT CANDIDATE for this program. Your workout echos the foundations of Crossfit, that of "functional movements peformed at high intensity".
    It would not be uncommon for a similiar workout to be used as a heavy met-con WOD, probably would look a little more like this though -
    5 rounds for time:
    15 Squats, 10 Deadlifts
    12 Squats, 8 Deadlifts
    10 Squats, 6 Deadlifts

Something like that... but man, just TRY IT! You're just the guy that would love this kind of ****. That feeling of total body exhaustion is something else!

One of the hardest short WOD's I've done is a workout called "Fran". This one is very deceiving. It consists of two exercises, Thrusters and Pullups. A thruster is a front squat + a push press, one fluid movement. Pullups, kipping style (higher power output)
    21-15-19
    95lb Thruster
    Pullups

21 Thrusters, 21 pullups, 15 thrusters, 15 pullups... it's a SMOKER. A great time for the first time would be a sub 5:00, and competative times get into the mid 2:00 range. Top recorded best at the moment is 2:02 I believe, which is an incredible power output. Check it out!
    that does sound VERY interesting. i'm gonna look into this way of training for sure, highland. i've done some workouts, including the one i just listed that left me dead/impressed with myself.

right now, i'm on a "westside for skinny bastards" type of split. the exception is, is that i do a full body on friday instead of just upper body. it's my "depletion" workout, as i'm also running a CKD diet.

BUT anyway, having said that, my workouts are nearly almost as fast as Crossfit. for instance, on mondays, i'll do:

Close Grip Bench 4x10, 8, 6, 5
    DB Bench 3x 10, 8, 6
    BB Rows 3x12, 10, 8
    Back Flys 3x12
    Hanging Leg Raises 4x15

*I get all this done in about 20 minutes, if that. So, yes sir, quick workouts are right up the alley for me. I'm gonna look into Crossfit for sure. Probably look at a split after I do this W.F.S.B. for my "cut". Reps back at ya, m'man.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Cool man, hit me up with any questions that ever arise! I absolutely love talking about it. Another heavy weighted "Workout of the Day" came up for today, the WOD called "Linda". Also known as the "three bars of death"! lol
    10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of: (10 of each, 9 of each... etc)
    1.5x Bodyweight Deadlifts
    1.0x Bodyweight Bench press
    0.75x Bodyweight Clean

You guys have got to see the video of this woman Gillian. She took second at the Crossfit games back in July (kind of like the Met-Rx Strongman competition, but rather a total fitness comp). This woman makes me go nuts just watching her -
    Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness The video is on today's WOD, Saturday 080906. HAD to share this... she rips through this workout at record speeds. Phenominal athlete. This will motivate just about ANYONE!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Power Breath Work for Recovery and Energy
    By Dr. Lats in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 12:54 AM
  2. Changing excercise every time you work out???
    By chris808costa in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 04:53 PM
  3. TheTwitchs, Time do DO WORK!!!
    By MentalTwitch in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 03:42 PM
  4. Does Epistane work as well 2nd time around??
    By Jerseyboy884 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 12:05 PM
  5. When is the best time to get blood work?
    By Nemesis RR in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 11:56 AM