Lower chest exercise
- 08-31-2008, 12:09 PM
- 08-31-2008, 02:51 PM
You need to focus on a good diet to lower your body fat around the chest area. Doing exercises for the lower chest is not going to help you here, it will only make your chest appear fatter if you put more muscle on your lower chest. The lower chest muscles are very small compared to your entire chest and I wouldn't try to train it extensively. But an exercise that I would highly recommend over decline smith bench are weighted dips.
08-31-2008, 03:05 PM
08-31-2008, 03:08 PM
The genetic make-up of your chest muscle proportions cannot be altered but your bodyfat can. Work on lowering body fat and work on a balanced chest development as best as you can.
08-31-2008, 03:12 PM
No, you can certainly work out your lower chest. I meant that working lower chest is not going to help make your chest appear less flabby. I was also trying to say that you shouldn't focus on lower chest as the main component of your chest routine. For instance, I would hit flat bench, incline bench, db bench, and then do some weighted dips at the end to finish it off. It's still okay to do some lower chest work for sure, and weighted dips are a great mass builder in their own right.
08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
09-10-2008, 11:51 PM
it's definitely something that takes better shape at lower bodyfats. i rarely ever do anything for lower chest, but once in the 9-10% range, it has a good shape...
Similar Forum Threads
- By RunMav in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 08-31-2006, 02:47 AM
- By The Doberman in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 10-04-2005, 12:40 PM
- By Phoenix rising in forum Training ForumReplies: 16Last Post: 07-01-2005, 06:53 PM
- By jws8118 in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 01-22-2005, 05:26 PM
- By Skark in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 01-02-2004, 10:17 PM