- 08-28-2008, 02:31 PM
yesterday i was working my chest. started with incline bumbell press, then moved to incline db flys. half way through my left shoulder started to hurt. if anyone else has this problem, what can i do or take so that i dont have this anymore. (yes it is a recurring problem, but not everytime i lift)
- 08-28-2008, 02:43 PM
i had a similar problem doing pec-dec flyes. wouldn't hurt at any other time. i got a sports doctor to put a tens unit on my shoulder and it hasn't bothered me since (2 years ago). it did take a week for it to stop bugging me though. my workout partner had a similar problem too, but in his case it was a hairline fracture near his shoulder socket. honestly unless you talk to a doctor, nobody can tell you what is happening here. i'd do the tens thing though because:
its pretty cheap (70 bucks in n. cali)
it might help
if it doesn't, then see a doctor and get it checked out.
- 08-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Don't mess with it, see a doctor. I did the same thing (putting it off) and eventually I got injured and have spent the last 9 months trying to heal.
08-28-2008, 04:11 PM
I would see a doc you may just need some physical therapy to loosen things up.
08-28-2008, 04:12 PM
08-28-2008, 07:25 PM
thanks guys. i'll get it checked
Similar Forum Threads
- By Swoldierboy in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 6Last Post: 01-26-2010, 01:03 AM
- By MaDmaN in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 1Last Post: 04-29-2007, 08:05 AM
- By JeRrYcRaCk in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 09-21-2005, 01:14 AM
- By gabriel in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 11-05-2004, 10:38 AM
- By Gmonkey in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 12Last Post: 04-14-2003, 08:10 PM