I cant do deadlifts without racing heart/fainting feeling

1. pdigs

I cant do deadlifts without racing heart/fainting feeling

everytime back day comes around i hate it. on every set of deadlifts, when i get done i feel like im gonna faint when i stand up and my heart feels like its gonna pound outa my chest...i usually have to sit down right away. is this normal or can u prevent it?

btw.. i drink alot of water and eat right

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do 'this' and move around"

Doctor: "Well stop doing 'this'"
  3. pdigs

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do 'this' and move around"

Doctor: "Well stop doing 'this'"
    umm deadlifts are pretty essential, i cant just stop em
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pdigs View Post
    everytime back day comes around i hate it. on every set of deadlifts, when i get done i feel like im gonna faint when i stand up and my heart feels like its gonna pound outa my chest...i usually have to sit down right away. is this normal or can u prevent it?

btw.. i drink alot of water and eat right
    It could be temporary high blood pressure, although its wise to not quote me on this, as I am not certain.

Try adding products like celery seed extract or hawthorne berry to your supplement regime.
    and also try and supplement with nitric oxide products(vasodilation=decrease d bloodpressure)

The heart pounding is most likely due to an increased need for oxygen throughout the body (deadlifts are quite strenous and use a lot of muscle groups)

and also, try and breathe throughout the exercise for Christ sakes!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Are you breathing properly?
    Are you sure?
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

i get a anxious/nervous feeling right before the lift...but i like it! deads put a lot of strain on the body and many people hold their breathe too long during the rep. my guess is you're not breathing properly. about the passing out thing...GOOD SET imo!!!

if bb'ing is your goal then stopping deads is the last thing i'd do!
  7. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Answers

umm deadlifts are pretty essential, i cant just stop em
    Not necessarily. I agree compound lifts are paramount, but no singular lift is worth compromising your safety and/or blood pressure. Fooling yourself into believing any exercise is "essential", is taking a primary approach to lifting - IMO. The body is too diverse to be governed by three exercises; "essentialness" is more about perception of masculinity rather than physiology. Many great physiques have been built sans heavy Squats, heavy Deads, and heavy Bench.
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Feeling faint is usually a constriction of oxygen to the brain... straining so hard can cut off blood flow, or not breathing right can jack it up as well... if it cant be controlled, you really need to go much lighter, or none at all.

Do you oly lift, or sumo?

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

My suggestion is don't take advice on taking anything and get your butt to the doc to get checked out. Co-worker just had an aneurysm last week while benching. He went trhough several workouts with massive pain in the back of his head and shrugged it off. Ignoring your body telling you something is wrong, is just asking for trouble.
  10. pdigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    My suggestion is don't take advice on taking anything and get your butt to the doc to get checked out. Co-worker just had an aneurysm last week while benching. He went trhough several workouts with massive pain in the back of his head and shrugged it off. Ignoring your body telling you something is wrong, is just asking for trouble.
    well thanks that really boost my confidence lol
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Answers

Go to a doctor and get checked out
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Answers

your form may be off, coupled with not breathing properly. deadlift form is crazy, because there's so much going on. non arched back, chest out, barbell as close to your legs as possible, stand up while focusing on something above eye level, then looking at the ceiling to bring the weight to lockout. all while breathing. silentbob brings up a very important concept with this, and more likely than not is your answer. try lowering the weights significantly, and focus on your form. props to someone else who posted this link and sublink...
    http://www.t-nation.com/portal_inclu...-training.html

while i believe its possible to build a great body without deadlifts, it would be much harder. if your form is dead on and you are breathing, don't do deads anymore.
  13. pdigs

this only happens on deadlifts, i think if something was wrong in my head then it would happen on all exercises... right?

so taken the fact i just started deadlifts a few months ago im probably doin them wrong, ill try better form next time
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Answers

this only happens on deadlifts, i think if something was wrong in my head then it would happen on all exercises... right?

so taken the fact i just started deadlifts a few months ago im probably doin them wrong, ill try better form next time
    I would still take the advice of Jay and Big and go see a doctor. Your health isn't something to play around with.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Answers

its more likely than not form and breathing. as i said earlier - if your form and breathing is dead on with lighter weights, then yes, please god cut them out of your workout. i've heard of people having this problem with squats as well, and its usually breathing related. try working on your form and post back to let us know if its helping at all.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

A stress test performed by a cardiologist would be my first suggestion. I get this sensation as well when I go very heavy and I am nearing my peak form. I have gotten tested out by a cardiologist and everything is OK.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Racing Heart on Prop
    By bomb402 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 12:57 PM
  2. heart racing and jitters
    By aca007 in forum PES
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 10:56 AM
  3. Rasberry ketones - racing heart beat
    By Meerspace in forum Nutraplanet