I wanna slap some meat on my forearms!!!

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
What are some good workouts for this, and whats a good rep range????

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
standing.... barbell and arms behind the back, curl the wrists...

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
standing.... barbell and arms behind the back, curl the wrists...
I do this one, I get an insane pump from it! Sometimes it feels like my forearms are about to EXPLODE.

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
deadlifts and plate pinchers.
I really need to start doing deadlifts, i've never really done them. I've always been afraid my form will be really bad, because I have had really bad posture most of my life.

An intense back routine has helped straighten up my posture though.:head:

stormecho

stormecho

Awards
One of my favorites....

Sit on a bench, holding the 45lb Olympic bar with a ten on each side. Rest your forearms on the bench in front of you, wrists hanging over the end, and do forearm curls.

I swear after a few sets of 30 I feel like Popeye. I can see veins poking out of my tattoos now!

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
One of my favorites....

Sit on a bench, holding the 45lb Olympic bar with a ten on each side. Rest your forearms on the bench in front of you, wrists hanging over the end, and do forearm curls.

I swear after a few sets of 30 I feel like Popeye. I can see veins poking out of my tattoos now!
haha, hell yeah. I love seeing veins underneath my tattoos.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
forearm muscles are involved in grabbing/holding, highly involved. if you can grab and hold 400+ lbs., your forearms will have to be big.

and on another note, i used to have a bad posture when i first started lifting. deadlifts/squats were what straightened me up. and i haven't done either for some time now (well, not using high weight and just doing them unaltered), and i notice a bit of a curving coming back in my upper shoulders, a droop if you will. well, i'm happy to say that i am BACK on them shlts. today i did:

4x10, 8, 6, 5 deads
4x15, 12, 10, 8 squats

and i loved it. like old friends.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
One of my favorites....

haha holy sh*t, i had a bench and a 45 pound bar and two 25 pound weights (all i had) and i only did like 2 sets of 20 and im pumped, if it weren't so late at my house i would do some more....i dont know if i can get to sleep lol serious!
GREAT THREAD:thumbsup:

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
i am 6'5 so my calves and forearms have been the hardest to train. i am 245-250 at 8% now and have gotten my forearms way bigger. i did all the forearm exercises: barbell curl, standing curls, you name it. but what made them grow was grabbing the heaviest dumbells and holding them as long as possible for three sets. then on third set go down 20pbs and hold as long as possible all the way down to 20lbs and they should be pumped, veiny, and huge. this helped my grip tons too over time.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
While I 100% agree with the Deadlift advice, I have pretty good forearms and never work them directly. Reverse tricep and bicep ecercises, Barbell front raises using a overhand grip(dont lock with the thumb) and always keeping a good grip seem to give me the workout I need for mine.