favorite trap workout

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
whats ur guys favorite trap work out? ive been using the machine at my old gym but i moved and this gym doesnt have the trap machine so i did shrugs with the big bar in the cage

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i dont do much but deadlifts with a shrug when i get it up (depending on the weight)

just shrugs alone with 45 pound bar

and pull-ups i do weighted with a 45 pounder on my legs......thats all i can think of.....oh and bent over rows....

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
rack deadlifts and behind the back shrugs are money.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
gotta try the behind the back shrugs, havent done that before......

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
On my leg and chest days I like to put up the safety catches my rack has and set the bar on there. You can load it up however you like and do both forward and behind the back shrugs. For me when I am going heavy with these shrugs it is great to be able to just drop the weight back down after my last rep.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Deadlifts or rack deadlifts, I've never been sorer in my traps after taking a while off rack deads and then starting back up on them. Start with 1" below the knee. I think you will benefit more from saving your energy doing shrugs and putting it all into rack deads for overall size and thickness. It's like comparing leg press to squats.

brownsiron250

Awards
Deadlifts or rack deadlifts, I've never been sorer in my traps after taking a while off rack deads and then starting back up on them. Start with 1" below the knee. I think you will benefit more from saving your energy doing shrugs and putting it all into rack deads for overall size and thickness. It's like comparing leg press to squats.
hell yes the rack deadlifts killed my traps still sore since monday and another thing ive done is seated dumbell shurgs or seated machine shrugs they fry the back of my traps.

geoff2581

geoff2581

Awards
If you want hugh traps power cleans are a must, i alternate my heavy cleans with light hang cleans it's a great full body exercise that will give you huge shoulders. follow that with 4 sets of upright rows, then super set rear delt raises with dumbell shugs give it a couple of months and your traps should respond nicely