I need Advice on my New gym- Anytime Fitness

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I join this brand new 24hr in april , i joined bc it is a 2 mins drive( 25min walk) away from my house.. I have seen the gym in person yet. The grand opening is today at 5pm. I saw a digtal photo of the floor plans. i dont belive dont have a Power rack.

i have till Wensday to get a fulll refund of my money which is 80 start up fee, the monthly fee is 47 is think.. my old gym is 37..

Basily it boils down to, IS a smith machine that bad to use,

fyi- dont flame for me joing a gym with out a seeing it first. i joined bc i got the presale rate

my only options are

1-stay at my gym La fitness( membership is hold)
1- anytime fitness

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I dunno mang...I wouldn't want to work out there if there isn't a power rack...how far is the LA Fitness from your house?

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lafitess
20-25mins away
hours
sun/sat- 8-8p
mon-thu 5-12a
fri- 5-10

anytime
3mins if that far. im goin to time it today..ahah
all day.. even on hollidays

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey I have never been in one however there is one probably 5 mins from my home. I drove by it recently and there was definitely a power rack in there right next to a big window. So you may get lucky but I have no idea if they are all equipped the same way.

It would probably be the first place I would check into however my current gym is 50 yards away and FREE. Cant argue with that...

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Btw, you could call them and ask if they have one. They may have even left some open room in the gym for suggestions on equipment for new members.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Power rack is pretty much basic equipment. I got to a small-town gym and they've got 2 of 'em..

Call and make sure, I bet they do.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DB- 10 to 100
only 10 45 plates.
no EZ curl bars
no bench
only a smith machine.. i couldnt do deads. i have till wensday to get REFUND

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Time to go get a refund bro...sometimes the quest for mass doesn't take you down the easiest road. Keep makin' that commute to the gym with the right equipment.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your in a jam for money at the moment you may want to go there for a one month or two and use the smith for the meat and potatoes. 100 db's arnt bad. db rows. overhead press, incline press, flat press, calves can be done on the smith(do they have a block, if noy build one) you can be very creative if you have too.

If money isn't a problem go to LA

There's a anytime fitness in Murfreesboro Tnh I went too that's nice

Do what's best for you

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
If your in a jam for money at the moment you may want to go there for a one month or two and use the smith for the meat and potatoes. 100 db's arnt bad. db rows. overhead press, incline press, flat press, calves can be done on the smith(do they have a block, if noy build one) you can be very creative if you have too.

Do what's best for you
that Anytime Fitness maybe trying to suck him into a contract that may have him locked in for a year so he'll need to be careful he doesn't end up stuck with making payments for a really below standard gym.

how's the elbow smeton?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that Anytime Fitness maybe trying to suck him into a contract that may have him locked in for a year so he'll need to be careful he doesn't end up stuck with making payments for a really below standard gym.

how's the elbow smeton?
I would not sign a contact.

It's wrapped up right now hoping I can do upper body by October if not ill wait as long as it takes to heal.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
I would not sign a contact.

It's wrapped up right now hoping I can do upper body by October if not ill wait as long as it takes to heal.
read the small print on the contract bro, they have all sorts of cancellation and putting memberships on hold fees that they never tell you about.

all the best on the healing btw smeton

:thumbsup:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We have a place in town called 'Snap Fitness' and it is the same way... NO POWER RACK, NO BARS... WTF?

It is because of 'policies'.... Gimmie a break, i have never seen someone die in a squat rack. I have witnessed two heart attacks near treadmills though...

WHAT EVAAAHHH

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Do what's best for you
La is cheaper.. no incline press

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I will join again if the gym gets real bench and power rack and some hammer machines. and better cables. and a calf slide

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the feedback. Initially when we opened the club, we were informed that the squat rack was impermissible due to our unstaffed hours and safety reasons, However, we we considering having a squat rack for the staffed hours. Again, we appreciate your feedback and we hope you find a gym that meets your fitness needs. Best of Health, The Staf of Anytime Fitness Somerset

matheje

Awards
My gym is a Planet Fitness here in central Connecticut. When I joined it was a World Gym...it's slowly, but surely, evolved into a joke.

WHen I began we had DBs to 140, lots of Hammer Strength equipment, power racks, set barbells, etc.

Then they becamse a Planet Fitness franchise. All the Hammer equip...gone. Next the power racks were gone. Then the DBs over 80 lbs were gone. Then a fight broke out one night...so they're answer was to get rid of the flat and incline olympic benches, leaving us with only DBs to 80 and SMith machines.

It's very, very convenient, right near work, and I have reciprical club priviledges with a gym near my home which IS well equipped, so I do my lighter stuff and cardio at the one near work, and my heavier stuff when I use the gym near home.

Now, if the one near home goes the same way? I'm outta there.