A Waste of a Day

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Long story short:

I didnt train today cause of a series of events out of my control meant that i simply ran out of hours in the day. Does that happen to you? What do you do?

Short Story Long:

Today is usually my chest day, but a mate of mine stayed over whilst he looked for jobs in the area. My plan was to come back from work, eat pre-workout, then a little later workout, eat again, then sit in front of the telly for the evening. I got the pre-workout eating done. But i couldn't workout till my mate had come back, grabbed his stuff and gone back home. I kept putting it off and putting it off till it got to about 8.30pm and i felt I had to do something so i started doing sit-ups and on queue he arrives.

So thats it. By the time he's gone its too late to do anything and all i can do its eat some food before calling it a night.

It totally messes up my week. Now every day gets pushed back and it means i need to do arms on a friday in the few hours between my office job and my other job as a barman.

It just feels like my entire week is going backwards. all my targets are compromised :(

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
you could just call it a day of rest and take it as a sign it's time to change the routine.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
What do I do? Not worry about it. Tomorrow is a new day.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
haha just chill bro, it'll all be good. just go at it that much harder when you get back

JohnnyBGood

JohnnyBGood

Awards
Yep. Life happens. Just hit it hard tomorrow. I can relate to your frustration, though. I hate when uncontrollable events force me to change my plans.

Disciple83

Disciple83

Awards
I would just call it a loss and move on with the regular schedule rather than juggling everything around to make up for it. Just hit it twice as hard next week on that day. Sometimes an extra rest day is actually a good thing.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I got stuck with a midshift at work tomorrow, won't be able to make it to the gym, so that screws up my week too if it's any consolation haha.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Haha I've been out for 3 weeks itching to get back and lift after recovering from the rocky mnt fever, and surprisingly haven't lost THAT much muscle. I used to be really upset when I would miss a workout but now I just substitute it for legs and skip legs :D Just think it could be worse..

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha I've been out for 3 weeks itching to get back and lift after recovering from the rocky mnt fever, and surprisingly haven't lost THAT much muscle. I used to be really upset when I would miss a workout but now I just substitute it for legs and skip legs :D Just think it could be worse..
:think:

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I used to skip legs when I missed a workout and workout the group I missed....Mistake. I *FINALLY* am hitting legs consistantly and hard, and I finally somewhat enjoy it. Used to loathe leg days...

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
I used to skip legs when I missed a workout and workout the group I missed....Mistake. I *FINALLY* am hitting legs consistantly and hard, and I finally somewhat enjoy it. Used to loathe leg days...
haha i think thats a problem that plagues just about everyone at one point or another