No growth! HELP!

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Ok ive posted a few times and got some good info. ive been working out frequently for about 2 months, taking in as much food as i can stomach, protein pre/post workout, creatine as well. Ive been drinking a couple gallons of water a day, and my diet is loaded with protein(fish, turkey, red meat) good carbs(wheat bread, pastas, etc) and healthy fats. I workout 5-6 times a week hitting 2 groups each go (ie chest/bicep monday, back/abs tuesday, tris/shoulders wednesday then repeat).
So from what ive heard im doing everything right, getting water, protein, calories, and getting in good workouts. and i know its not magic and im not gunna be totally ripped overnight....
but its been 2 months and nothing. in fact i think i might be loosing muscle, its getting harder to curl the same 30lbs ive been doing for weeks. What Is Going On Here!
Someone help me, please!

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Over training?

I'd say cut the week in half, do what you do but do it just once:

Mon: Chest Bicep
Tue: Back/Abs
Wed: Rest
Thur: Tris/Shoulders
Fri/Sat/Sun: Rest

Or:

Tue:Rest
Wed: Back/Abs
Thur:Rest
Fri:Tris/Shoulders
Sat/Sun:Rest

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
you might be over training, like mentioned by TS. how long have you been doing the same routine. i common mistake i made in the past was, i would changes things up too much and at times not enough. i personally believe that 60 days on a routine is enough, then time for a change. one other things that i do when the same 30lbs. seems heavier is, (and you might hate to hear this) but take a week off or 5 days, something like that, it's deconditioning your muscles. i try and do this about 4 to 6 times a year. the problem with deconditioning for me is the mental part, "i am getting weaker", "i am getting fatter", and my favorite "MAN, i got a lot of time on my hands, WTF am i gonna do now".

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
Over training?

I'd say cut the week in half, do what you do but do it just once:

Tue: Back/Abs
Wed: Rest
Thur: Tris/Shoulders
Fri/Sat/Sun: Rest

Or:

Tue:Rest
Wed: Back/Abs
Thur:Rest
Fri:Tris/Shoulders
Sat/Sun:Rest
Add legs in on one of those days as well, and deadlifts on leg days, they are fundamental for growth!! I used to skip legs long ago, but now I hit them (not heavy I like to play basketball) but still heavy squats are great for gaining size. Deadlifts will work you out too lol.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
I do legs every day, i switch off between squats, and deads. Ive only been on this workout for 2 weeks.
If i cut down on the wrokouts, will i still get growth and good results? cause ittl feel like less workouts = less progress

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
It may feel like less workouts = less progress, but remember, you grow out of the gym not in it. Rest is very important. Its a marathon not a sprint. Even the Pros rest.

EDIT: Yes, you will continue to develop if you cut your split back some, you may even develop better since the body has time to repair its self