i thought this was really inaccurate

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.

i thought this was really inaccurate

How To Get Better Results In Less Time At The Gym | PeopleJam

some of the stuff i guess i can agree with, but 3 days a week? im sure you can push 5. 6 or 7 might be pushing it, but i still dont agree whatsoever. just wanted to hear all of your opinions about it.:bb3:

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

I generally agree with the principles in this article. Have you ever tried doing a full body workouts 3 times a week? Your body will definately thank you for the 4 days of recovery you are giving it per week. Overtraining is way too common, IMHO. People wonder why they don't grow and it's often the case that they are working out too much and not eating enough. I workout on a full body split 4 days per week and it can easily lead to overtraining for me if I don't listen to my body carefully.
  3. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

For the first 4-6 months of your membership, three visits to the gym each week is more than sufficient to obtain great results without risking damage to your health. It’s also a regimen that is easy to maintain.
    notice they say 3 visits for the first 4-6 months. sure if you are a serious bodybuilder you need more, but that is a fair start
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    notice they say 3 visits for the first 4-6 months. sure if you are a serious bodybuilder you need more, but that is a fair start
    I agree. It also suggests using what I think is a very small number of total sets. I'm sure this would probably work great for a newb to the gym. I think that someone who has been working out for a while could still get away with a 3 day split but the total number of sets and workload would need to be drastically increased.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

i did a total body for 4 months and noticed amazing gains (2 lbs per month). this is after 18 months of heavy lifting. it works really well ( i did 5 sets of 10 reps ). i just feel like if i'm not in the gym 5 days a week that my stress level rises. compound movements are really where its at - though you will notice certain lagging body parts - rear triceps, calves, traps, etc, so i did my own grouping of compound movement workouts - still 3 days a week, but changed up a lot:

M - squat (ass to ground) / bench / deadlift / pull up / floor wiper / clean and press (5x10)

W - lunges / push ups / floor wipers / DB curl to arnold press / deadlift with hex bar (6x10)

F - DB bench / sumo deadlift / chin ups / dips / floor wipers / the sled (5x10)

notice that all of these workouts are compound, meaning they stimulate the most muscles. they also allow you to lift the most amount of weight. by supersetting these, you are building a massive amount of not only testosterone, but growth hormone in your system. testosterone feeds off monounsaturated fat and protein, same as growth hormone. the only difference is that if you add carbs to your post workout shake, you will decimate your GH levels that you get from this workout - same as what trans fat does for testosterone. its not quite as easy as the article makes it out to be - this workout kicked my butt for a long time. and no carbs post workout. but it does great things.

now imagine doing that while pulsing 3x a week with something like havoc....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Thought on
    By TheeBC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 03:09 PM
  2. Never thought that I say this...
    By Rodja in forum MMA
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 11:07 AM
  3. inaccurate detection times???
    By theslime in forum Anabolics