Smith Machine or Freeweights?
- 08-06-2008, 09:01 PM
- 08-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Depends on the exercise among other issues like injuries. Some people like to keep switching it up. When it comes down to it, it's lifting weights and if you only have access to smith machines, use em.
08-07-2008, 08:31 AM
I integrate some smith machines occasionally, but if you want to know which is better.... free weights are better hands down, both on your joints, and for building mass.
08-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Several lifters have stated they like smiths if they're looking to hit something specific and keep other muscles from kicking in so much. /shrug I usually stay away from smiths for the most part but I have used them for reverse shrugs and upright rows
08-07-2008, 11:04 AM
i dont care for smiths because it eliminates the stabalizing muscles. i do use them for an occassional drop set though
08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
as have been said before, they both have a place in the routine. depends on you and how they work for you
08-07-2008, 01:48 PM
if your goal is to get bigger and look better, then smith machines are perfectly fine. develping stabily muscles doesnt necesarily(cant spell) make you muscles grow faster. you never hear anyone say "whoa that guys got some huge stabilizers"
i dont know if that made any sense to you but if your goal is to develop a specific muscle/muscles then there would be nothing wrong with using a smith machine
08-07-2008, 02:24 PM
08-07-2008, 05:40 PM
08-07-2008, 05:42 PM
08-07-2008, 05:46 PM
08-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By rangestormer in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 05-02-2014, 01:08 PM
- By Dath in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 07-16-2009, 04:40 PM
- By Rock Lee in forum Training ForumReplies: 16Last Post: 06-21-2008, 04:58 AM
- By Basso in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 53Last Post: 02-27-2006, 02:35 PM
- By notwerby in forum Training ForumReplies: 21Last Post: 02-26-2006, 06:46 PM