Poll: Do you want a Injury/Treatment sub forum added?

Poll: Forum addition-Injury/Treatment

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. An excellent idea, IMO. Too many people (including myself) have trained with a small injury at times, and looking back, it was really just not a good idea. A forum dedicated to the proper treatment and care could smack some sense into us idiots.... minor knicks to severe tears alike.

2. great thread thus far.

Can there be a sticky for how to avoid elbow injuries?

How to avoid neck injuries? I talked to a girl i interact today at the bank and she jjust had neck surgery(she didnt say what from i suspect hard sexm, shes kind of wild) anyways point it if you learn the motions NOT to do before it'l be real helpful.

after find out today I had to quit my job (today) and no upper bopdy, not even deads in till my injury heals. Im out of a job and money because of this and muscle tendons , strength goes down. Ill be less manly because of this if I only avoided the cause. I'm strong for this thread because Im going though a tough time. I'm lucky i can live with my parents and let my elbow heal(going to look for a non labor job that would hurt my arm-sales)otherwise if I didn't have parents Id be forced to keep working my old physical job and my elbow wouldn't heal.
    Facebook Great Physique Fitness
    Twitter SmetonFitness
    Youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by DBinMD View Post
    Specifically, everything from the time of the injury (even before the diagnosis, so this would mean knowing something about all of the possiblities) to rehab. One thing to keep in mind, you are not your doctor's (or anyone else's) first priority so you need to be your own advocate. This is hard to do unless you have some knowledge base (and a combative personnality). You don't have to be a walking encyclopedia just have in mind the general possiblities and what you need to do right away. IMO, from rehab onward, time is less critical so there is more wiggle room.

One last thing, in my experience I met some of the best people ever, and also some of the most incompetant and heartless, you gotta be prepared for everthing.
    agreed.

bump for specific sections like

elbows....

shoulders

lower back

neck

hip
    Twitter SmetonFitness

4. Hell yes, that would be an awesome addition to the forum. I'm young, and I've been plagued with injuries, so it would be awesome to see who out there is suffering with me

5. has there been a thread started ion this?

if so please refer me
    Twitter SmetonFitness
    •   

6. So is this going to happen?

7. bump
    Twitter SmetonFitness

8. do it...do it...do it...do it!
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe

9. I've been away for a while and just saw this. I have some very good info regarding my injury and BOTCHED surgery that I'm still trying to recover from.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs View Post
    I've been away for a while and just saw this. I have some very good info regarding my injury and BOTCHED surgery that I'm still trying to recover from.
    please post it
    Twitter SmetonFitness

11. Ill start the thread

right here...The main thing to heal an injury is the rest is totally and do nothing that causes any pain what so ever.

Proper form! use it
    Twitter SmetonFitness

12. Need more than 5 votes people! If you're really interested in it, try and get some of your friends to toss in their opinion as well.

13. There have been a lot of votes, so let's get this subforum started!

14. http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...3C89B08373C720

heres a list of shoulder rehab video from my friend smittydiesel. can everyone pm him and ask if he can out up a elbow recovery video? because the more requests the more likely it'll happen.
    Twitter SmetonFitness
  15. dpfisher

Yes, I was just looking for a place to post something on this. Let me know if there is a place yet

16. So is this ever going to happen?

17. This would be great... injuries happen it's how we handle them that makes the difference.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Marking Injury Forum Read
    By kenpoengineer in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2016, 07:00 AM
  2. Injury forum
    By halljo in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 08:37 PM
  3. Injury/Treatment Section?
    By Cuffs in forum Forum Suggestions and News