Hiit Morning Vomiting!!! Help!!

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
Today I started doing HIIT swimming first thing in the morning on a empty stomach and immediately after I vomited up all the water I drank..... why is this?? is it because my body is not used to HIIT?
I really hope this vomiting subsides because that would really suck to throw up every morning....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, doing HIIT on an empty stomach is a bad idea because your body does nto have any glucose as a substrate and, therefore, turns to muscle for fuel. IOW, you are burning off a good chunk of muscle during your cardio.

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
Well, doing HIIT on an empty stomach is a bad idea because your body does nto have any glucose as a substrate and, therefore, turns to muscle for fuel. IOW, you are burning off a good chunk of muscle during your cardio.
Yea I know but I am 6'6 285lbs mostly fat so im doing hiit on an empty stomach to burn fat faster

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I know but I am 6'6 285lbs mostly fat so im doing hiit on an empty stomach to burn fat faster
I think you are missing the point. When you do high intensity training, your primary source of fuel is carbs because your body needs the glucose to function. However, you are in a fasted state, so there is not an available source of carbs. Subsequently, your body turns to protein to undergo gluconeogenesis to sustain itself. Doing HIIT is great for fat loss and superior nutrient repartitioning, but it should NOT be done on an empty stomach. I have made this mistake and all I did was fry out my CNS and lose a lot of muscle.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I usually get nauseas doing early morning workouts, too. I've been known to blow chunks.

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
I think you are missing the point. When you do high intensity training, your primary source of fuel is carbs because your body needs the glucose to function. However, you are in a fasted state, so there is not an available source of carbs. Subsequently, your body turns to protein to undergo gluconeogenesis to sustain itself. Doing HIIT is great for fat loss and superior nutrient repartitioning, but it should NOT be done on an empty stomach. I have made this mistake and all I did was fry out my CNS and lose a lot of muscle.
what do u suggest i eat before then? a Protein shake?

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Doing HIIT is great for fat loss and superior nutrient repartitioning,
Any evidence of this? Just curious, because I plan on incorporating HIIT into my workouts starting in a couple days.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Any evidence of this? Just curious, because I plan on incorporating HIIT into my workouts starting in a couple days.

Do it the right way and the results will be all the evidence you need!

CDCDCD

Awards
A bit late to jump in but, vomiting is the result of becoming slightly hypoglycemic. So hit the carbs bro, there are heaps of options for a light carb meal in the morning:

cup of oats + low fat yoghurt
crackers with some low fat cheese
boil a cup broccolli but dont strain the water
muesli bar

Eat moderately not heavy....Soon enough you will be able to strut your stuff in those budgie smugglers bro!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
A bit late to jump in but, vomiting is the result of becoming slightly hypoglycemic. So hit the carbs bro, there are heaps of options for a light carb meal in the morning:

cup of oats + low fat yoghurt
crackers with some low fat cheese
boil a cup broccolli but dont strain the water
muesli bar

Eat moderately not heavy....Soon enough you will be able to strut your stuff in those budgie smugglers bro!

Not true at all. I've tried ****loads of carbs, no carbs, all sorts of carbs. Dextrose, malto, gatorade, WMS, bread, fruits, veggies, oats, light carbs, heavy carbs, nothing works. Some people are just pukers!

Maybe carbs will help in his particular case, but it certainly isn't the absolute reason.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I work out for 1.5-2 hours every morning on an empty stomach with one hour of cardio after the calisthenics, usually swimming, jumping rope or a 100lb bag.

I'm getting stronger & noticing minor muscle gains, if you eat protein your body will use them for energy....waste of money.

Let me give you a quick evolutionary lesson:

"Around 10,000 years ago, before the Neolithic revolution, Homo Sapiens lived in the Paleolithic era. They had a diet that relied heavily on meat, vegetables and fruits(where available) the inuits for example eat a diet consisting of 80% fat and 20% protein and they have very low incidents of heart disease and cancer, etc...(Google Stefansson+inuit for more info).

Now before that, humans did not eat 6 times a day, humans did not have 7/11s on every corner, supermarkets nothing, their eating frequency was less, but when they ate, they ATE, their activity levels were much higher than today. The only reason they ate is because they got hungry and the only way they could get fresh meat was through, no not Sam's club, Hunting.

No .308, no buck shot, no .30-06, usually no bows, just sharp tool(Knives, sometimes spears) and groups, a human cannot outrun a deer speed wise, but no animal I know of can run longer than a human.

Native Americans would either run them to exhaustion then kill them, or they would strategically place people around the deers usual escape route, which is still to this day, very predictable.

All this took effort, lots of effort, you know how hard it is to kill even an exhausted deer? If you ever decide to go hunting without guns or bows, get in shape first, endurance and explosive strength.

Now all this effort was usually done on an empty stomach, and their diet was also usually meat and fat with some berries or pemmican(real pemmican not the garbage they sell today in stores).

AND WE HAVE THE SAME ****ING DNA FROM BACK THEN OR 99.9% LIKE IT......DOES IT MAKE SENSE THAT OUR BODIES WOULD REACT DIFFERENTLY TO LACK OF FOOD??

And here's the point, their bones were more robust, more muscle, strength, I talked to this chick (I don't rememeber her job title, but it has to do with old dead remains and other things) she said they would always make mistakes about people's ages from the skeletons because 50-70 yr olds would show the same level of health as 20-30 yr olds!

Back then, if you were weak, you died, there are no wheel chairs, cops, guns, etc..... natural selections was more of a reality than it is today.."

Point is, empty stomach cardio is not bad, you won't "lose muscle" :lol:......it amazes me how people say you'll "lose muscle" like:rolleyes: after working out you'll lose the muscle, or even after 30,50, 1000 sessions, BS, the body is an amazing energy conservation tool and the only time you'll really lose muscle is when you've been starved for a while, not hours, but days or weeks.

I'm gonna dig up the study's book mark and post it either now or later.

If you throw up, just clean up and continue your workout, they used to have buckets next to squat racks when gyms were gyms, not posing/recreational centers.

CDCDCD

Awards
It was in reply to this Rugger:

all he can do is give it a shot...

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It was in reply to this Rugger:

all he can do is give it a shot...
20g of whey is not a lot of eating - try this 1hr before training.

Also, mix up 10g of BCAA (I have this with Poseidon) and sip this between your intervals - should halt any catabolism - no guarentees on the chundering though mate.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's the basic EPOC principle. There used by a great article by Loki over at Avant/M&M, but it was one of the many articles lost over the past couple of years.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Not true at all. I've tried ****loads of carbs, no carbs, all sorts of carbs. Dextrose, malto, gatorade, WMS, bread, fruits, veggies, oats, light carbs, heavy carbs, nothing works. Some people are just pukers!

Maybe carbs will help in his particular case, but it certainly isn't the absolute reason.
Your not taking anything before morning workout, like a multi or any supps?