Schedule problem. What do I do

dave12

Awards
  • Established
I got tricked into doing a 7 week field assignment. We work 6 days on, 19 hours off. When im working I cant really lift and I'm wondering if i do something like 3x8 squats, row, dead, bench on my day of would it be sufficient to maintain current status or if someone has a better idea what would it be. By the y work days offer almost 0 time to work out and environmental conditions restrict it even further. Any thoughts appreciated. (dunno if its relavent but 27yo 6'5 245 12ish bf been lifting about 12 years steady)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
wow... you're a beast already. i'd add in clean and press as well. some muscles will get smaller, but the 4 you have and clean and press should keep most of them intact.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
wow... you're a beast already. i'd add in clean and press as well. some muscles will get smaller, but the 4 you have and clean and press should keep most of them intact.
were would u throw the clean and press in? at the end?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
shouldn't matter. clean and press will beat the snot out of you at the end of a workout though. i'd put it in the beginning if you're focusing on max weight, since it shouldn't interfere with your squat weight - kinda like warmup weights. at the end of your workout, you'd feel the clean and press beating your quads down. so its really up to you.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
shouldn't matter. clean and press will beat the snot out of you at the end of a workout though. i'd put it in the beginning if you're focusing on max weight, since it shouldn't interfere with your squat weight - kinda like warmup weights. at the end of your workout, you'd feel the clean and press beating your quads down. so its really up to you.
:head:Thanks 4 the .02 mang

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
squat, bench, dead, pulls/chins. I would try 5x5 of each except deads i would go 3x5 progressive overload the whole time. You probably could get stronger during this time which may translate into moving more weight when you get back to you normal workouts. Their is no right answer but this would be my thinking.