expired dicana

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone, I just recieved a bunch of bottles of dicanna from a friend. I have always liked this product, however i have always doubled the dosage so this was great. Unfortunatly it expired at the start of this month. I was curious if anyone here knew if it would still be good or could speculate as to how much it has degraded or if it is now ineffective?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SHould be fine.

MuZI

MuZI

Awards
Hey everyone, I just recieved a bunch of bottles of dicanna from a friend. I have always liked this product, however i have always doubled the dosage so this was great. Unfortunatly it expired at the start of this month. I was curious if anyone here knew if it would still be good or could speculate as to how much it has degraded or if it is now ineffective?
What is your weight/ bf%?

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
due to me being lazy for the better part of a year and a half
I am 255 17/18% bodyfat

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I'm using Dicana now on a cut and started off w/ 3 caps per day. When you say doubled dosage, I assume 6 per day. Did you build to that or just go straight through on that?

I've read that it's best used on an empty stomach. Please share some of your experience, tips, etc. on the product.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah...remember.....the manufacturers are forced to put an expiration date on their products due to FDA and health laws.....most of the expiration dates on anything you buy are pre determined ......bread has an expiration date of 10/10...but its still good until 10/12.....they just dont want to take a chance....its basically a safe point.....if we put a expiration date 3 weeks earlier than when the product actually starts going...we can assure the saftey of it when it is consumed....and its a easy way out if something does happen if you take it after the expiration date...blah blah blah....a bunch of legal BS

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
three caps a day never really seemed to do much for me so i always go straight to six caps a day . 2 in the morning, 2 in th afternoon, and 2 at night. I am in no way saying this is the best way to do it but it has been effective for me.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How long after the expiration date is dicana effective? 1 month, 2 months, etc.? I know this has been asked just did not see a concrete answer. Thanks

C.J.

Awards
The bottles will be perfectly fine. Its a truly great product but overpriced. I buy expired bottles of Dicana at half price all the time from Vitamin Shoppe (**when they get within 3 months of expiration they are put on the sale bin at half price.) I buy 2 bottles for $50 and double the dosage @ 2 pills 3x a day with a taper down which last about 5-6 weeks. Take it on an empty stomach.
If you have the cash it works very well with ephedra, venom, amp, stimulant x.
I generally like to run Designer Supplements Melting Point and USP labs Camphibolic post cycle for Thyroid support and they can be bought quite cheap too.
At double the dosage, it is about 3/4's as potent when compared to Tiritricol/Triax/Tricana. But about 1/2 - 1/3 to T3. However, I have to say I like Dicana better than T3 because it doesnt eat muscle as much and allows your muscles to remain full. Its not for major fat loss like T3 or T4 but great for recomp while keeping your hard earned muscle in tact.

C.J.

Awards
How long after the expiration date is dicana effective? 1 month, 2 months, etc.? I know this has been asked just did not see a concrete answer. Thanks
From my experience, one can use it for 6 months if stored right without it doing anything to potency. I did not notice any difference from the 6 month old bottles to any other bottles I have used. Hope it helps.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I bought mine for $10 each, and BOGO, too, when Vitamin World stopped carrying it. Picked up Stizm for the same deal.

I just recently bought 2 boxes of Thermogenic Thyrotabs there for $40 total, too. Great deals there at times. Have any of you guys used the Thyrotabs w/ much success?

dito

Awards
  • Established
I talked to the boss and he said it's still good for 6 years after the exp date.

ktm

Awards
i called thermolife the other day right before buying a soon-to-be-expired bottle of dicana and was told by the girl answering the phone that its good for atleast 3 more years....YEARS

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Not to change the subject too much, but is there anyone who's used both Dicana and Thyrotabs (separately, of course) that can talk about the differences between the two?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Not to change the subject too much, but is there anyone who's used both Dicana and Thyrotabs (separately, of course) that can talk about the differences between the two?
I've used both and the dicana appears to have a stronger body composition effect. This is all subjective. I didn't experience sweating, hot flashes or sleep disturbances with either. OTOH, neither magically made fat melt away. They both just seemed to accelerate the trends that were already underway. About what could be reasonably expected.