Help with Thermolife Dicana Cycle..

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking thermolife's dicana for 4 weeks now.. I started at 1 cap/day for 2 weeks, and for the last 2 weeks have been at 2 caps/day.. I am really worried about my thyroid and scared of it being too suppressed... what would you recommend I do? should I taper down to 1 cap/day for a week and then quit, with no PCT, or could I quit now and continue taking LXR and Scorch along with EC? I have been taking LXR, Scorch and EC throughout the cycle of Dicana as well. Do you think I am too suppressed at this point?? hel out here please... I am concerned.:( I feel like such a dumb ass...:frustrate

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking thermolife's dicana for 4 weeks now.. I started at 1 cap/day for 2 weeks, and for the last 2 weeks have been at 2 caps/day.. I am really worried about my thyroid and scared of it being too suppressed... what would you recommend I do? should I taper down to 1 cap/day for a week and then quit, with no PCT, or could I quit now and continue taking LXR and Scorch along with EC? I have been taking LXR, Scorch and EC throughout the cycle of Dicana as well. Do you think I am too suppressed at this point?? hel out here please... I am concerned.:( I feel like such a dumb ass...:frustrate
I guess I would say maybe quit now and keep on scorch/LXR/EC. I'm not up to date with dicana, as I've read the rediculous claims made by thermolife (that it isnt catabolic), however I would assume that it acts similarly to tricana. If so, the thyroid bounces back VERY quickly from thyroid drugs, as long as you dont abuse them too badly. I mean, people who have been on HRT for the thyroid for years can come off and still rebound (albeit it takes awhile) back to normal.

LXR should help the thyroid bounce back even faster. I dont really see you being in a big problem here. Rather, take your time and monitor your food intake/cardio after coming off to ensure no fat rebound.

Also I was wondering, how was catabolism while on dicana? Lose much strength/muscle mass?

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
strength loss wasn't too bad. I lost ~10lbs total, probably could've lost more if I was more careful with my diet (I didn't cheat, just ate too much clean food). I definately noticed an increase in body temp, and when combined with EC my heart rate was oddly high at times, usually soon after a meal. In fact, just yesterday I had a doctors appt. and he measured my heart rate, it came out to 148bpm while I was just sitting there. Of course he got a little concerned, but I told him I was just anxious. BTW thanks for the response.

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
Dicana is very mild compared to tricana (trimax), I doubt your thyroid is going to shutdown.
The increase in body temp is normal for these types of products.
You can expect dramatic increase in temp after a meal. I've found that having more than 24gr carbs really kicks it up for me (using trimax).

I'd either drop the EC or Scorch; or lower the dosage. Your putting to many stims into your system. This would account for the unusually high heart rate.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Can someone tell me what the active ingredient in Dicanna is and what it does? I missed the boat on this one. :blink:

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
Dicana is very mild compared to tricana (trimax), I doubt your thyroid is going to shutdown.
The increase in body temp is normal for these types of products.
You can expect dramatic increase in temp after a meal. I've found that having more than 24gr carbs really kicks it up for me (using trimax).

I'd either drop the EC or Scorch; or lower the dosage. Your putting to many stims into your system. This would account for the unusually high heart rate.
alright, cool. I have been trying to come off of everything and get my body back on track. IMO it feels great to work on your own for a while, without stims and other things that mess with your system.. Starting today I am cutting back slightly:

Scorch: 1 dose/day for 1 week, then I'll swich to SAN's BLAZE
EC: keeping at 25mg/3xday until I feel my thyroid is 100% (and until I feel up to the crash..) Will go to 2xday in 1 week, then 1, then off.
LXR: keeping this at 3-4 caps/day
Dicana: 1 cap/day (will take one more tomorrow, and then come off completely.. --or do you think I should svop now?)
L-Tyrosine: Thyroid Recov.
SAN T3: (guggul extract.)

thanks guys, you have been and continue to be extremely helpful:thumbsup:

mb27

Awards
Does anybody know what this would show up as on a thyroid blood test?

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
probably the same as Trimax-- increased T3 with suppressed TSH... check out SS's thread, he did blood tests thru his trimax cycle and gave out some valuable info..

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I am coming up on 5 weeks on Dicana, been at 1 cap/day the last 5 days... would it be safe to come off at this dose and not worry too much about thyroid suppression? or should I break the tablets in half and take half dose for 2 days, then come off and continue on SAN BLAZE, EC, LXT, Guggul, L-Tyrosine? I REALLY like the progress I've made and DONT want to gain ANY back...

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, stick with one cap. Can you elaborate on the extent of muscle loss/strength loss you've seen?

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
your saying I stick with one cap for how long? I am ready to come off, but I was thinking that lowering the dose further may reduce the thyroid crash.. Am I wrong?

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
IOW, a T2 derivitive? How's it supposed to work?
its a mix of t2 and t3 isomers.
Surely its milder than tricana, but probably not too mild. I would check the TSH levels and do a proper thyroid pct thereafter.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
If u could do bloodwork would be the best way to know how much suppressed u got. Since y are the first one who took dicana here, it would be of great benefit for the rest of us.

BTW, thyroid PCT is something that looks like this:
Guggul and /or Forskolin
7OH

I would drop the other stuff

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I keep reading that you need 6 caps per day to really see progress.