dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
VB-12 has arrived in town and is being labeled as I type this. The initial batch is being card mounted, with a goal of an iPod type display box in the future.

Demand for the product is huge so far, and Nutra has authorized a presale. Look for the sale to be active by Friday, and product to ship by the FOLLOWING Friday.

Pricing is as follows:

24 strips (1 pack) $7.49-$7.99 (nutra's choice)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For those wondering "Why do I need this?"...

MethylB12 is the bioactive form of B-12, vastly superior to the common cyanocobalamin used in most supplements. It is a required cofactor in energy metabolism, but that's not the most interesting part.

High dose MethylB12 is being studied as a potent nerve regenerating/enhancing supplement.

J Neurol Sci. 1994 Apr;122(2):140-3.

Ultra-high dose methylcobalamin promotes nerve regeneration in experimental acrylamide neuropathy.
Watanabe T, Kaji R, Oka N, Bara W, Kimura J.

Department of Neurology, Kyoto University Hospital, Japan.

Abstract
Despite intensive searches for therapeutic agents, few substances have been convincingly shown to enhance nerve regeneration in patients with peripheral neuropathies. Recent biochemical evidence suggests that an ultra-high dose of methylcobalamin (methyl-B12) may up-regulate gene transcription and thereby protein synthesis. We examined the effects of ultra-high dose of methyl-B12 on the rate of nerve regeneration in rats with acrylamide neuropathy, using the amplitudes of compound muscle action potentials (CMAPs) after tibial nerve stimulation as an index of the number of regenerating motor fibers. After intoxication with acrylamide, all the rats showed equally decreased CMAP amplitudes. The animals were then divided into 3 groups; rats treated with ultra-high (500 micrograms/kg body weight, intraperitoneally) and low (50 micrograms/kg) doses of methyl-B12, and saline-treated control rats. Those treated with ultra-high dose showed significantly faster CMAP recovery than saline-treated control rats, whereas the low-dose group showed no difference from the control. Morphometric analysis revealed a similar difference in fiber density between these groups. Ultra-high doses of methyl-B12 may be of clinical use for patients with peripheral neuropathies.

PMID: 8021696 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

CNS burnout and reduced nerve signal amplitude takes a huge toll on strength, performance, and ability to move optimally - especially in cases of injury.

Case in point, after a string of injuries (massive back injury from military, botched surgery, and a rear-end accident by drunk driver) my legs had been somewhat atrophied and weak for years. As soon as we got the beta VB-12's I started a concerted dosing schedule (1-2 strips per day divided).

It has been around 4 weeks and my leg press strength has gone up over 500 pounds (18 plates last night for 3 reps). Muscle growth is apparent and "mind/muscle connection" is hugely enhanced.

We will be making a sticky with the full writeup and citations...this is a VERY exciting new area of study, one that I am proud to be bringing to market.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PerformaStrips VB-12(tm) is a unique, effective, portable and potent new supplement design. VB-12 uses the potent, bioactive form of Vitamin B-12, Methylcobalamin, in a proprietary PerformaSorb (tm) technology strip.The special PerformaSorb technology eliminates wasted and inefficient absorption by breaking down before reaching the stomach. Effects reach the bloodstream very quickly. Vitamin B-12 is an important cofactor in healthy nerve regeneration, energy production and biological function in any individual, especially vegetarians. PerformaStrips Deliver

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
This stuff looks very promising for me since I still have ailments from numerous injuries when I was in the Marine Corps and a back injury as well....Can't wait for this since my CNS feels fried all to hell as well.