Taurus Genus Protein - The Real Deal From The Pea...

Taurus Nut.

Board Sponsor
Awards
As you know when I was at LG, they totally ****ed up my pea protein. With so many people (stars, athletes etc...) coming out that being a vegan is helping them look and feel better, I thought I would release a 100% Genus Protein (from peas) product in Choc and Vanilla. I am putting the finishing touches on the formula.

Genus Highlights:

High In BCAA
Complete Protein
Highest In Arginine and Glutamine
Contains Polyphenols similar to Green Tea

Thoughts?

BXFROMMTL

BXFROMMTL

Awards
i like that genus protein is easily digestible and doesn't bloat me. plus with the polyphenols mmm i can already feel the fat stripping away! :) this gets my vote!

BXFROMMTL

BXFROMMTL

Awards
As you know when I was at LG, they totally ****ed up my pea protein. With so many people (stars, athletes etc...) coming out that being a vegan is helping them look and feel better, I thought I would release a 100% Genus Protein (from peas) product in Choc and Vanilla. I am putting the finishing touches on the formula.

Genus Highlights:

High In BCAA
Complete Protein

Thoughts?
I know taste wise pea protein, be it the texture of the taste, people tend to shy away but the price brings them around. Maybe making a few samples to ship out before releasing a final would be benificial?

Lou

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was waiting for you guys to pick that ball back up and run with it....Hadn't tried your orginal LipoT only the reformulated version & really liked it...but would def be interested in 'Genus Kahn' <-- just named it for ya as well...welcome ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to learn more about pea protein. Hope it's packaged in a pod ;)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Genus Highlights:

High In BCAA
Complete Protein

Thoughts?
Definitely interested. If it tastes great, all the better! :)

~Rosie~

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought unflavoured pea protein as my usual brown rice protein was out of stock.

It is cheap, which is obviously a bonus. The main problem is that the taste and texture made me want to throw up when I drank it. I added over a two tablespoons of cocoa and the flavour was still too much for me to tolerate. I have had one serving and left it on my fridge ever since.

If you can make it tolerable (asking for it to taste nice is a little much) I would be keen. I have to stay away from dairy so often try vegan protein powders.

BXFROMMTL

BXFROMMTL

Awards
from the looks of it, this would be a def solid pickup for taurus! ;)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Genus Highlights:

High In BCAA
Complete Protein

Thoughts?
Looks good!

Can you make any comparison as to the digestion speed of this? Fast? Slow? Similar to whey? etc..

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm all about getting different forms of protein in my body.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would love to see where you go with this. I had a hard time getting the original LipoT down and hence never tried the newer version.

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
As you know when I was at LG, they totally ****ed up my pea protein.
Since I'm not an expert in this, any chance you could highlight how the ****ed it up and how specifically yours will be superior? Honestly curious and want to learn. Cheers!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since I'm not an expert in this, any chance you could highlight how the ****ed it up and how specifically yours will be superior? Honestly curious and want to learn. Cheers!
I looked into their Lipotropic Protein when I heard about the pea protein source but it is a protein blend containing whey so it might be because it is not suitable for vegans but probably tastes worse than regular whey for everyone else as well. Just a guess.

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, never heard of pea protein...sounds kind of weird. I second the idea of samples. I'd hate to buy a tub and let it go to waste if I don't like it.

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
I looked into their Lipotropic Protein when I heard about the pea protein source but it is a protein blend containing whey so it might be because it is not suitable for vegans but probably tastes worse than regular whey for everyone else as well. Just a guess.
Right, that makes sense :-D. Given the flavoring in Wyked, I have faith taurus can do a better job making it taste great :).

I second the idea of samples. I'd hate to buy a tub and let it go to waste if I don't like it.
+1

Nothing worse then a tub of protein with a flavour that doesn't agree with you and makes it an easier decision to jump in and try :)

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Would certainly be interesting Eric. I liked the thicker texture. Just have to egt that flavor spot on and I think you'd have a winner :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would certainly be interesting Eric. I liked the thicker texture. Just have to egt that flavor spot on and I think you'd have a winner :)
This^^^

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Although many did not, I actually like the ORIGINAL Lipotropic Protein (in Vanilla, and I am NOT a vanilla flavour person) re texture and taste, both which were changed drastically when it was reformulated. Getting the taste right will be the key.

~Rosie~

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. I actually enjoyed the original vanilla as well and the lack of bloat was a real treat.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I liked Lipotropic as well and didn't have any problems consuming it daily. That said, we plan are rocking this new version of protein!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering how great the taste of wyked is I am fully confident that this new protein is gonna be delicious!! :food:

zb126

Awards
  • Established
Awesome idea Eric! Can you speak to the taste compared to the V1 and V2 of the LG product? Seems like thats what a lot of people are wondering right now

Keep up the hard work man!

BXFROMMTL

BXFROMMTL

Awards
v1 was the best for my cinamon roll shakes :) the texture gave it that extra zinger

BXFROMMTL

BXFROMMTL

Awards
I liked Lipotropic as well and didn't have any problems consuming it daily. That said, we plan are rocking this new version of protein!
you sir, not only did you save my order but you are also right on the consumption of this protein. very well balanced and no digestion issues!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been considering getting away from dairy lately, so I'd be interested to see how this pans out. Flavor would be pretty important though, shakes are generally my dessert...

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would like an 'Orange Creamsicle' flavor, pls sirs...:poke:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am another who really liked the vanila flavored lipo.....i have a nephew who i have been helping weight train for high school football, he is a thin hard gainer who is allergic to dairy. this would be perfect for him.......but taste is gonna be a game breaker, if it doesn't taste good he won't drink it even if guaranteed to look like arnold in a month, lol.

charles3264

charles3264

Awards
No doubt it will be top notch...as the rest of your line!! i m in

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
i find it a bit too thick for how much protein i like to add to 500ml of water (whey 70g,/ pea protein only 40 due to thickness)
but other then thats its great, I dont eat meat at all or fish but istill love my whey. but use the pea protein from time to time also. :)
i think its a good idea.

Taurus Nut.

Board Sponsor
Awards
It's going to take some time, but I think we will get it right. Just trying to get the progestin out the door and launch the new look. ;)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's going to take some time, but I think we will get it right. Just trying to get the progestin out the door and launch the new look. ;)
I like where this man's head is at.

Yes, get that progestin out and to the public, first :yup:

:yumyum:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol-sounds like the progestin is going to be very popular.
It will be with me :cool2:

Based on the information you've released so far and Kleen's results, I want some to have on hand to play with for when my thyroid decides to cooperate lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It will be with me :cool2:

Based on the information you've released so far and Kleen's results, I want some to have on hand to play with for when my thyroid decides to cooperate lol.
lol-i know that chris is a superstar logger, but all of the testers posted up good reviews. a good assrtment of testers with different goals and all seemed to be pleased with it.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I hope soon I was a fan of the lipoprotein.

zb126

Awards
  • Established
Same... Almost out of my vanilla and chocpb.....

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
I loved Lipo. So here's to this coming out soon!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For some reason, I got hungry while reading this thread. :think:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am anxious to try it. I actually liked the Lipo. So if this will be better I am all for it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T-Bone Supplements 4
GQNemesis Supplement Auction 0
LG Sciences 1
BeBig Supplements 4
BPjohn123 Supplement Auction 9