Ala

deaconbill

Awards
I read that 2400-3000mg of ALA is daily dose for max cutting.  Could this be correct?  How much for cutting do you guys think?  Where would you get it cheap?  Also, same questions for CLA.  Thanks, guys!

shady

Awards
Originally posted by deaconbill
I read that 2400-3000mg of ALA is daily dose for max cutting.  Could this be correct?  How much for cutting do you guys think?  Where would you get it cheap?  Also, same questions for CLA.  Thanks, guys!
1fats400 has good prices on his ala . as for doses go i'm not that sure i was planning on doing 1 to 2g's a day. but only starting out at 800mg a day to start with .

Blindfaith

Awards
ive always wondered this....would using ala during a keto type diet be useful? Or would it only be useful for the first few days going into ketosis?

Your thoughts?

shady

Awards
ive always wondered this....would using ala during a keto type diet be useful? Or would it only be useful for the first few days going into ketosis?

Your thoughts?

i don't think i would be good. your carbs would be to low. this is just imo. i could be wrong.

SteveDFW

Awards

Your thoughts?

I have read that if you take under 500mg with your meal it will insure that any extra protein that is converted for an energy source will go to the muscle. This would insure you stay in ketosis.

But make sure and take less than 500mg or you will feel like crap from the low blood sugar count. I have taken 300mg with no carbs and been fine. I have taken 600mg with the same meal and blood sugar crashed and I felt sick.

It is a great anti-oxident.

snakeman458

Awards
hey bro; you can use 500-600 for maintenance. i was on 2g for lift days and 1600mg for non lift days. you must keep an eye on carbs if you get to low you will pay for it. with getting sick, vomiting and light headed. dont drop below 40 g carbs.

it works great for cutting we had a big thread on bb.com re ala.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
hey bro; you can use 500-600 for maintenance. i was on 2g for lift days and 1600mg for non lift days. you must keep an eye on carbs if you get to low you will pay for it. with getting sick, vomiting and light headed. dont drop below 40 g carbs.

it works great for cutting we had a big thread on bb.com re ala.
40g carbs....thats per day? I know ala works well with a moderate supply of carbs, but man, i couldnt even ponder taking in only 40g per day. I dont even know if supplementing ala is ideal for me (im not wanting to cut, but maintance and adding size while keeping bf% to a minimum is a goal for me). just curious how one can go that low in carbs per their daily intake. wild....

dodgeee-O

Awards

40g carbs....thats per day? I know ala works well with a moderate supply of carbs, but man, i couldnt even ponder taking in only 40g per day. I dont even know if supplementing ala is ideal for me (im not wanting to cut, but maintance and adding size while keeping bf% to a minimum is a goal for me). just curious how one can go that low in carbs per their daily intake. wild....
When on keto you need to stay that low or else your body will be kicked out of ketosis. After a week or so your body gets used to not having carbs and turns to fat for energy. Those first few days are tough even with 4-6 eca's a day!

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established

Your thoughts?

I don't think it would be useful for a keto diet. With carbs that low, taking ALA would make you feel hypoglycemic.