SizeOn VS Neovar recomp

dank311

dank311

Awards
Has anybody taken both who can compare them?

I have taken neovar recomp before and liked it, and caps are somewhat convenient sometimes. I have tried every form of creatine but creatine gluconate. Would this be the same or similar to taking mono, like in neovar, with WMS or some kind of some other carbs?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I took a 2 week sample of size ON along with Superpump 250 and enjoyed it. It was back when i first started lifting. RPM/Neovar has offered me the best results yet though and the price is hard to beat.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't really compare the two, creatine is the only real similarity between the two. I don't take size-on just as a creatine product per se(neovar either really) I like them both for each of their separate purposes.

dank311

dank311

Awards
They are both creatines, different forms, with different delivery systems. noeovar is CM/phophate, while size on is also a blend of CM/and gluconate. Yes, sizeon does have a few more extras included, but Im asking a comparison btwn the two as a creatine product and their effectivness as a creatine and their specific delivery systems. Ill probably end up giving size on a try, but just looking to see if anybody has taken both and can honestly compare the two.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
I've tried both and am actually using Neovar recomp right now. I think it would be an unfair comparison myself, but I'll give you my take on things. If you enjoy the workout limiting effect of GMS(i.e. "pump" is more important than anything else), then choose Size-On. If you want a solid creatine product in which its effectiveness is dictated by how many complex carbs are consumed with it, then pick Neovar Recomp.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I've tried both and am actually using Neovar recomp right now. I think it would be an unfair comparison myself, but I'll give you my take on things. If you enjoy the workout limiting effect of GMS(i.e. "pump" is more important than anything else), then choose Size-On. If you want a solid creatine product in which its effectiveness is dictated by how many complex carbs are consumed with it, then pick Neovar Recomp.
exact same way i would answer. compliments slow-mun

dank311

dank311

Awards
Well, I am currently using purple wraath, glycergrow, and white flood...I am just trying to choose a creatine product. I dont like CEE, as I respond to CM much better. But I have never used a creatine gluconate prouct before, and wanted to try it out...hence my intrest in sizeon.
I also use WMS for carbs after w/o, hence my curiosity if taking CM + WMS(or other carbs) would be the same/similar or not to taking creatine gluconate. They both have their own different delivery systems, both insulin mimicking.

basically I could try sizeon and cut out glycergrow and lower white flood to 1 scoop instead of 2, or keep my GG, WF, PW and stack it with neovar and WMS carbs.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
im running GG currently...curious as to how log you have been running it and what youre results/thoughts are on it thus far.
I think the WMS carbs would kick butt with either. But I was able to hold onto gains much better on the neovar

dank311

dank311

Awards
Ive been using GG on and off for about almost a year. I have probably had 4-5 tubs of it over that time. I notice an increase in pumps and fullness with taking creatine mono.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Ive been using GG on and off for about almost a year. I have probably had 4-5 tubs of it over that time. I notice an increase in pumps and fullness with taking creatine mono.
im currently running it along side Green mag. whats your thoughts on mass growth? This tub i have seems never ending as well.

dank311

dank311

Awards
I just dont respong to green mag like I do mono. I used 2 or 3 tubs of green mag and like it, some gains, but I just see more gains/strength, as well more fullness on creatine mono. Some people get bloated, but me personally, if I do cardio 3xwk it which keeps bf/water retention down and just looks like my muscles are fuller. I dont get any bloat, crapms, or any sides from CM.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah i have picked up some water retention form the GM and GG, but it was expected. Thanks for the info man. Yeah i am enjoying GM the taste is awesome, but result wise i enjoyed Neovar more. Size ON has amazing taste as well and worked pretty good, but it didnt seem to hold permanent gains as well as i wanted.

dank311

dank311

Awards
thanks man, I might give size on a try, but I might just end up trying NP bulk GC, or maybe making my own blend of bulk CM and GC.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah man it cant hurt. i wish you the best of luck. hit me up if you have any questions

mdgrwl

Awards
curious as to what you mean by 'workout limiting effects' ?

thanks

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
yeah i have picked up some water retention form the GM and GG, but it was expected. Thanks for the info man. Yeah i am enjoying GM the taste is awesome, but result wise i enjoyed Neovar more. Size ON has amazing taste as well and worked pretty good, but it didnt seem to hold permanent gains as well as i wanted.
permanent gains from a creatine product is great to hear. Ive been on Neovar for just a few days and can swear Im getting some recomp effect already...nearly a pound of blubber lost after 3 days and my muscles look fuller.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
curious as to what you mean by 'workout limiting effects' ?

thanks
The volumization caused by GMS can sometimes cause a pump that limits the amount repetitions that I can do. I don't like the feeling this creates as it is different than an arginine pump and seems to becomes more pronounced with the amount of water that is consumed during the workout.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The volumization caused by GMS can sometimes cause a pump that limits the amount repetitions that I can do. I don't like the feeling this creates as it is different than an arginine pump and seems to becomes more pronounced with the amount of water that is consumed during the workout.
This is called the hyper-hydration effect. GMS allows for a greater uptake in water than normal.

mdgrwl

Awards
thanks... so you like neovar better huh? currently running SizeOn and think its good... it 'felt' better when I first started taking it, now seems things are tappering down, doesn't seem like endurance is quite as up as before which is WEIRD.

looking for my next Creatine supp... would you recomend Neovar or something else?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
thanks... so you like neovar better huh? currently running SizeOn and think its good... it 'felt' better when I first started taking it, now seems things are tappering down, doesn't seem like endurance is quite as up as before which is WEIRD.

looking for my next Creatine supp... would you recomend Neovar or something else?
neovar is very convienient because its in cap form. also i know my answer seems biased considering im a rep, but personally i love it. I have a neovar/rpm log i did prior to becomming a rep so you can see my real results if you want. i love it with the right amount of carbs and timing i havent tried any yet that got me same results

mdgrwl

Awards
neovar is very convienient because its in cap form. also i know my answer seems biased considering im a rep, but personally i love it. I have a neovar/rpm log i did prior to becomming a rep so you can see my real results if you want. i love it with the right amount of carbs and timing i havent tried any yet that got me same results
interesting... i heard all this talk about the right amount of carbs and timing w/ Neovar... whats the deal, could you elaborate? If I took it I would does as followed unless otherwise instructed:

4 caps w/ Morning meal (Protein Shake, 30g WMS, 60g carb from oatmeal)

4 caps PostWO w/ EAA's, 60G WMS

anything I'm missing?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
interesting... i heard all this talk about the right amount of carbs and timing w/ Neovar... whats the deal, could you elaborate? If I took it I would does as followed unless otherwise instructed:

4 caps w/ Morning meal (Protein Shake, 30g WMS, 60g carb from oatmeal)

4 caps PostWO w/ EAA's, 60G WMS

anything I'm missing?
dosing wise its best to try and take neovar about 30-45 minutes preworkout, follow it up with around 45-80 G carbs try mixing them as simple and complex carbs. Workout, then post workout take neovar 15 minutes later take about 60-80 G complex/simple carbs.

mdgrwl

Awards
dosing wise its best to try and take neovar about 30-45 minutes preworkout, follow it up with around 45-60 G carbs try mixing them as simple and complex carbs. Workout, then post workout take neovar 15 minutes later take about 60 G complex/simple carbs.
I have my preworkout meal about 2 hours before I workout as I don't like working out w/ that many carbs in me (another reason why I'm looking for SizeOn alternatives). I just using WMS good enough, or are the simple carbs a MUST ?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
simple carbs are not a must. Its just a personal preference. WMS will do just fine

dank311

dank311

Awards
Another side note on glycergrow, I would stick to only one or two scoops. I have taken three scoops on several occations and I usually get pretty painful pumps to the point where I want to cut my workout short. I would suggest only using one scoop on leg day or back day.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Another side note on glycergrow, I would stick to only one or two scoops. I have taken three scoops on several occations and I usually get pretty painful pumps to the point where I want to cut my workout short. I would suggest only using one scoop on leg day or back day.
A pump so bad you have to leave the gym!?!?! AHHH!!!

i'd rather my arms explode !!!! :icon_lol:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
A pump so bad you have to leave the gym!?!?! AHHH!!!

i'd rather my arms explode !!!! :icon_lol:
i havent recieved that bad pump since the first day thankfully. i am enjoying the pump it gives me thought throughout the workout. its a nice and comfortable one

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
I've never tried glycergrow...but theres no such thing as too much pump..lol...
besides the "pump", is it as good as the write up says?

dank311

dank311

Awards
You might not want to believe there isnt a thing as too much pump, but when you find out for yourself first hand, its not so great.

1-2scoop with 2scoops of PW and 2 scoops of WF is perfect. Right now, I am also taking ECA on top of it, and I get mind blowing pumps from that stack. Sounds like alot, but my body reacts very well to it. I have brough my squats and deadlifts up 45-50lbs, and my bench up 35lbs in 8 weeks.

GG is great, but you just gotta know your body and your limilts...for me, 2 scoop does me just fine. I realy dont see adding another scoop for any beneficial reason. IMO, GG is effective, but not as effective as some people make it out to be. IMO, It wouldnt bother me to just stick with protein, BCAA's, NO (AAKG), and creatine...but since GG is so cheap, I use it during my creatine cycles.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Yup I use GG @ 2-3 scoops. Sweet spot for me.

The pump is great, but GG overall is good at other things. Like shifting your natural prostanglandin ratio to slightly anabolic (hence DOMs). IT also shuttles nutrients and keeps your muscles hydrated (hence more endurance) And everyone is different but it makes me crazy vascular

Great stuff!