Do spiro or topical finasteride effect hormone levels?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.28%

Do spiro or topical finasteride effect hormone levels?

????

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

finasteride blocks dht
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.28%

Yes, but does topical only effect the DHT in the scalp or entire body?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.9%

spiro messed with me pretty bad. It had me feeling all emotional as if my estrogen levels had hit the roof. It also aggravated my pre-existing case of gyno.

I have used Xandrox 12.5% for the last 6 years and it's not too bad as far as side-effects.

Next summer I'm just going to get a hair-transplant and be done with it. It will be worth the $4000
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.03%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

You would like to think everything stays locally in the scalp, but this is not how the real world plays out. Alot of people find a severe drop in libido one topical spiro. And this is on a shlt ton of test.

I can only theorize fina is the same, since I dont have any real conjecture on it.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.57%

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    You would like to think everything stays locally in the scalp, but this is not how the real world plays out. Alot of people find a severe drop in libido one topical spiro. And this is on a shlt ton of test.

I can only theorize fina is the same, since I dont have any real conjecture on it.

Adams
    I realize this is an older thread, but thought I would chime in. There is no doubt that topical finasteride gets systemic. Dr. Lee promotes a product called "Xandrox 15% plus," a topical which combines minoxidil with finasteride. In his own Q&A on the product, he cites a British study which showed systemic serum reductions in DHT from topical finasteride use. I'd say that is pretty conclusive that it gets systemic.

Finasteride, BTW, has a molecular weight of 372, which is getting lowish.

I can't speak to topical spiro. There is another thread here where some users (or user) are reporting no sides from topical spiro. Then again, many guys do not report any sides from oral finasteride either.

Spiro has a molecular weight of 416, which is better than finasteride. For comparison, ketoconazole--the active ingredient in Nizoral--has a molecular weight of 531.

Personally, I would obviously stay away from oral finasteride or spiro. I would also stay away from topical finasteride and probably spiro as well. The risks of systemic absorbtion just outweigh the benefits. But topical ketoconazole, as in Nizoral shampoo, appears to be safe, based on its molecular weight and from a lack of anecdotal reports about sides (indeed, I cannot recall a single person complaining of low libido from Nizoral).

For topicals I am currently using Revita shampoo, which, among other things, has 1% ketoconzaole. I am also using Spectral DNC-L, a topical by the same company which uses 5% minoxidil in conjunction with more natural 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors from flax, saw palmetto, and olive oil. I can't say that I've noticed any sides from it, but my hair loss has stopped dead in its tracks and I am experiencing very encouraging regrowth.

Edit: I am getting blood work done soon. If DHT is low and other parameters are normal, I will look first at the Spectral DNC-L to see if that is the agent.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:11 AM
  2. Fat Guys and Testosterone levels - effect of obesity on male hormone levels
    By SilkPhantom in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 04:18 AM
  3. Where to get topical spiro?
    By Tbird006 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 03:20 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 01:39 PM