Quick Question on Supp Storage

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
So I have to move out of my college apartment for a few weeks and I'm putting all of my things in a storage place down the street. The climate controlled storage they offer is kept at about 80 degrees F but its designed to keep humidity out so it's different than regular AC. It feels kind of hot in there but my supplements should be alright right??

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I have to move out of my college apartment for a few weeks and I'm putting all of my things in a storage place down the street. The climate controlled storage they offer is kept at about 80 degrees F but its designed to keep humidity out so it's different than regular AC. It feels kind of hot in there but my supplements should be alright right??

Direct light and humidity are what contribute most to compound degredation itself. It would be best to keep them in a room temp environment while avoiding light, humidity, and extreme temperature fluctuations if at all possible.

I keep telling people that Reynold's makes a cheap and effective vaccum sealer called "The Handi-Vac" for like 10 bucks at wal-mart. That would be ideal at keeping out the humidity overall.

Last edited:

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
So the storage place should be alright? They said its designed to keep out humidity. I'm putting my stuff in climate control because the outside storage are just metal boxes with the florida sun beating down on them all day.

I just put in a huge order at NP over the 4th of July sale and I really don't want to bring my supps home to my parents house.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
you could just take em with you man and stick em in your sock drawer bro. Less your on juice and your afraid they will see it or something. My parents give me a hard time bout my supps sometimes, but they trust me.(when I was on the AN stack drive/rpm/osteobolin-C/IGF-2 and taking multi and fishoil they thought i was taking like massive OD levels LOL)

You could stick em in a mini-fridge too I believe. Some people extend the life of their supps by freezing em. Storage in that kind of environment, even it its "climate controlled" just doesnt sound as secure as one would hope for.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
my dad is over 70, when I first starting taking creatine he said i was using steroids :sad:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
my dad is over 70, when I first starting taking creatine he said i was using steroids :sad:

Lol, thats pretty funny actually.You shoulda stopped around the house and pretended to have roid rage..

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Lol, thats pretty funny actually.You shoulda stopped around the house and pretended to have roid rage..

There have been incidents, my family is not known for their cool headedness.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I store all my stuff in vacuum bags as Trauma suggested, and have them all in a big plastic tote. That should be just fine for most of your items. The only things I store differently are oils, which I put in the fridge/freezer. Also I have some heard that PH's-designers-hormonal powders, will stay best in a freezer. Finally if you have OCD like me you can store your open protein powders in the fridge in air tight containers with about ten Arm and Hammer baking soda boxes around them to pick up moisture.