DO NOT MIX Ephedrine w/ MAO-Inhibitors!!!

mdgrwl

Awards
I see people adding pure Ephedrine HCL to fat burners like Leviathan Reloaded & Meltdown, among others that contain MAOI's. Warning, do not mix these, unless you don't mind being seriously depressed, super anxious and going through hypertensive crisis.

Yohimbe is also an MAO Inhibitor, which shouldn't be mixed w/ Ephedrine. Extreme anxiety, & hypertension/hypertensive crisis. The good old ECY stack, yeah, no good. Effective? Yeah, but when you feel like riping someones face off because they didn't hold the door for you while entering the 7-11, don't say I didn't warn you.

"If ephedra is taken with monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) antidepressants, such as isocarboxazid (Marplan®), phenelzine (Nardil®), and tranylcypromine (Parnate®), severe side effects may develop, including dangerously high blood pressure, muscle damage, fever, hypertensive crisis, and irregular heart rate. Other antidepressants and medications for psychiatric disorders (phenothiazines, tricyclics, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors [SSRIs]) may reduce the effects of ephedra and cause low blood pressure and rapid heartbeat."

I'm not so much 'up' on the science behind it, so someone might be able to help me out here. MAO is a natural protectant in your brain, and when its inhibited, your allowing substance to flow to an area of your brain when they shouldn't. In this case, ephedrine, which speaking from experience, it won't kill you, but is not good in terms of overall well being.

mdgrwl

Awards
speaking from experience, I used to make my own ECY stack and especially later at night, when coming down... almost ANYTHING my wife said that would absolutely piss me the hell off and I was super 'snappy'.

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
the reason they use an mao is to increase the effectiveness of pea. correct me if i am wrong ,but isnt pea a mood enhancer. wouldnt it be possible that with the correct dose of pea counteracs the side effects you are speaking of. just a thought because i used basic cuts with ephedrine and i felt great.

poacher

Awards
  • Established
speaking from experience, I used to make my own ECY stack and especially later at night, when coming down... almost ANYTHING my wife said that would absolutely piss me the hell off and I was super 'snappy'.
How long you married? That could be normal

mdgrwl

Awards
the reason they use an mao is to increase the effectiveness of pea. correct me if i am wrong ,but isnt pea a mood enhancer. wouldnt it be possible that with the correct dose of pea counteracs the side effects you are speaking of. just a thought because i used basic cuts with ephedrine and i felt great.
correct about the purpose of the MAOI is for the PEA. I'm not sure how much PEA counteracts ephedrine. Ephedrine is some STRONG stuff man...

you may have felt great, so did I while on the 'up' or the 'high', but about 2 weeks into it... especially in the evening when coming down, SUPER NASTY PERSON I WAS. Just me, just a friendly warning.

StrongerNow

StrongerNow

Awards
I used the ECA stack for a while, 25mg/200mg/65mg without problems for dieting. Adding 4-5mg of Y didn't help much with shredding, but sure produced some nasty headaches!

I am currently using Hypertrop-X which has Beta Alanine and Y, but I only take 2-3 caps with No-Xplod 15-20 minutes prior to workout. Awesome strength and focus increases. The recommended dosage on the H-X is 4 caps, but that gave me the shakes something awful, as well as the very beginning of a headache. And, yes, I drink plenty of water during the workout.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
How do you know what the "MAOI" is in Leviathan or any product for that matter so you are sure not to stack any ephedrine or anything else meant to be avoided with MAOI's?:eek:

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
I used to take ECA with Leviathan Reloaded. Stacking them gave me high anxiety during the day then at night I would be very depressed...

mdgrwl

Awards
How do you know what the "MAOI" is in Leviathan or any product for that matter so you are sure not to stack any ephedrine or anything else meant to be avoided with MAOI's?:eek:
research the ingredients. Hordenine in LR is an MAOI

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I used to take ECA with Leviathan Reloaded. Stacking them gave me high anxiety during the day then at night I would be very depressed...
LR already has caffeine, so that might've had something to do with it. Between yohimbine, 11-Hydroxy Yohimbine, ephedra, and a double dose of caffeine, that's a whole lotta stims!

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
LR already has caffeine, so that might've had something to do with it. Between yohimbine, 11-Hydroxy Yohimbine, ephedra, and a double dose of caffeine, that's a whole lotta stims!

my bad bro. I meant just "E". I was taking 1 bronkaid pill with 2 leviathans.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Oh, ok. I've done that before... :D Then I decided it wasn't necessary a few days into it and ran it without the E.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Monoamine Oxidases are enzymes responsible for the deamination of what are known as monoaminergic neurotransmitters. There are two MOAs: MAO-A, and MAO-B. IIRC, MAO-A is primarily responsible for inactivating serotonin, noradrenaline, and adrenaline; while MAO-B deanimates Phenethlyamine.

Monamine Oxidases are vital to the proper metabolization and regulation of Dopaminergic and Adrenergic neurotransmitters; any supplement with works through primarily Dopamine or Dopamine substrate pathways has the potential to affect the actions of monamine oxidase (as Dopamine is a monoaminergic neurotransmitter).

cgcrz8

Awards
Can you show me where it says yohimbine is a MAOI? I always thought it was an alpha-2 antagonist meaning it interferes with negative feedback loop of norepinephrine. Maybe you got upset on it because you basically had 2 things (ephedrine and increased norepi) activating adrenergic receptors.