Best way to use Purple Wrath?

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I just got some Purple Wrath. What is the best way to use it from everybody else's experience with it? Can or should you add any kind of carb? Thanks

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I just got some Purple Wrath. What is the best way to use it from everybody else's experience with it? Can or should you add any kind of carb? Thanks
Well the carbs thing depends on the person, and their goals. But I always take Aminos, especially purple wraath by itself (no food) because it absorbs much more efficiently (beta alanine, norvaline, etc).

The best bet is to mix 1-2 scoops in your bottle of water and start drinking it about 10 mins pre workout and continue to sip Intra-workout.

This dosing method will fuel endurance for your workouts, and also overlap anabolism from the time you stop lifting until the time you have your post workout shake or meal. Therefor you won't have to worry about 'downtime' like running to get protein immediately after a workout.

Off days is optional but I always drink 1 scoop to decrease recovery time.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I use 1 scoop pre/intra then I usually mix 1 scoop with ~50g of WMS PostWO

45min-1hour later I have a post WO meal and it seems to be working quite well for me

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
mix it with water and drink it. i would always use 2 scoops in a bottle of water. drink about a quarter on the way to the gym, sip on it while i'm working out then finish before i leave then drink my waxy maize in the car on the ride home.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
3 scoops, start drinking @10-15 minutes from start of workout; finish within 10 minutes after beginning workout.
After very last rep of workout, pop @12-15 grams BCAA's (depending on size).
Wait 20 minutes. Take 1 Anabolic Pump. Wait another 20 minutes. Consume postworkout meal rich in carbs, approx. a 2.5-to-1 carb to protein ratio, those carbs containing a healthy dose of the hi-glycemic variety.
There's my blueprint. I love the Wraath!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3 scoops, start drinking @10-15 minutes from start of workout; finish within 10 minutes after beginning workout.
Wait 20 minutes. Take 1 Anabolic Pump. Wait another 20 minutes. Consume postworkout meal rich in carbs, approx. a 2.5-to-1 carb to protein ratio, those carbs containing a healthy dose of the hi-glycemic variety.
This man knows whats up you should follow his advice :D

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I would say mixing it with water and drinking, closely followed by snorting it.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
That's one awesome routine there. I think I might just do that but have my BCAA's with my waxy maize since Anabolicpump is unfortunately a bit out of my budget at the moment. I really really want to try it sometime though. Thanks for the advice guys.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would not recommend BCAA's & WMS together.
Everyone is gung ho on pwo nutriton (and rightly so), BUT timing is equally important. BCAA's immediately after training will go directly to muscle stores, carried by elevated blood flow. You need to maximize the amount of time that blood is circulating with those key nutrients to ensure proper recovery. Once you ingest carbs (or even a protein shake) the blood is directed to the gut for digestion, and thus ends the nice cycle of muscle blood gorge. Thru experimentation, I have learned that following a shot of BCAA's pwo it is best to wait a minimum 1/2 hour before ingesting your pwo nutrition. I know this goes against some current train of thought (i.e. get the food in as quick as possible after w/o), but in theory - and more importantly in practice - it just makes sense.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Everyone is gung ho on pwo nutriton (and rightly so), BUT timing is equally important. BCAA's immediately after training will go directly to muscle stores, carried by elevated blood flow. You need to maximize the amount of time that blood is circulating with those key nutrients to ensure proper recovery. Once you ingest carbs (or even a protein shake) the blood is directed to the gut for digestion, and thus ends the nice cycle of muscle blood gorge. Thru experimentation, I have learned that following a shot of BCAA's pwo it is best to wait a minimum 1/2 hour before ingesting your pwo nutrition. I know this goes against some current train of thought (i.e. get the food in as quick as possible after w/o), but in theory - and more importantly in practice - it just makes sense.
Yup! And the EAAs will fight off catabolism, so waiting a half hour is not that big of a deal IMO.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I ordered two tubs of the grape flavour today from AP. Have been seeing good reviews on Purple Wrath for ages so i decided i'd go and buy some :) Should get here by the start of next week! :D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I ordered two tubs of the grape flavour today from AP. Have been seeing good reviews on Purple Wrath for ages so i decided i'd go and buy some :) Should get here by the start of next week! :D
Awesome!!!! The grape is delicious, you'll enjoy the product for sure!!! :thumbsup::head:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Awesome!!!! The grape is delicious, you'll enjoy the product for sure!!! :thumbsup::head:
Hope so, it was the big tubs i ordered awswell! Can't wait to try it out!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
The big tubs?!? That order will last you for a few months at least :D
1084 grams tubs! Can't wait for them to come! You can buy them here in the UK but it costs like double the price :( So i just bulk buy from NP, keeps me going!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
1084 grams tubs! Can't wait for them to come! You can buy them here in the UK but it costs like double the price :( So i just bulk buy from NP, keeps me going!
Yup. NP seems to be very valuable for you guys overseas...
:bruce3:
ps your avatar rocks lol.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Yup. NP seems to be very valuable for you guys overseas...
:bruce3:
ps your avatar rocks lol.
haha cheers :)

Also, when looking around i couldn't seem to find a good Bcaa powder from UK sites unless i spent a shed load on them. It just seemed to be pills and more pills! Then i came across Purple Wraath :D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
haha cheers :)

Also, when looking around i couldn't seem to find a good Bcaa powder from UK sites unless i spent a shed load on them. It just seemed to be pills and more pills! Then i came across Purple Wraath :D
Yes I used to rock BCAA pills back in the day, maybe 7 or 8 years ago. When I started reading into them, I realized I was only getting about 1/10th of what I needed, and I was swallowing a lot of very huge pills to boot. Purple WRAATH gives you everything you need in one great tasting drink!

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I would say mixing it with water and drinking, closely followed by snorting it.
i have tried it orally, haven't inhaled it yet, but am looking forward to getting some penetrate and doing a little trans-dermal application.:lol: sorry guys....couldn't resist.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
That does go against anything I've ever heard but I really really want to try that out. I've never heard of doing anything like that but it makes sense. Would a whole food meal be best or would the usual protein shake be better?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All comes down to preference. I prefer a quicker absorbing protein & carb here, isolate & oats in skim milk and some fruit (like grapefruit) currently, but depending what my goal is I'll use WMS or Bev's MassMaker instead. Anyway, I wouldn't say it necessarily matters what the form is - as long as it's a quality source.
The key here too is to utilize a quality BCAA that works - not just any old formulation cuz it's cheap.
My two cents worth here as well - if you're using WMS or MassMaker, CytoSport or the like, which probably means you're in gain mode and the rest of your diet is not particularly restricted - save your money and bypass the BCAA's. They will be more useful to you in a cut/maintain/gain lean mass cycle than in a "bulking/gain" mode.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
All comes down to preference. I prefer a quicker absorbing protein & carb here, isolate & oats in skim milk and some fruit (like grapefruit) currently, but depending what my goal is I'll use WMS or Bev's MassMaker instead. Anyway, I wouldn't say it necessarily matters what the form is - as long as it's a quality source.
The key here too is to utilize a quality BCAA that works - not just any old formulation cuz it's cheap.
My two cents worth here as well - if you're using WMS or MassMaker, CytoSport or the like, which probably means you're in gain mode and the rest of your diet is not particularly restricted - save your money and bypass the BCAA's. They will be more useful to you in a cut/maintain/gain lean mass cycle than in a "bulking/gain" mode.
I'm a little confused. So if you are in "bulking/gain" mode wouldn't carbs like WMS right after a workout be beneficial? Or would waiting be alright especially since the purple wrath would still be in your system.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You could still use Wraath in bulk mode sure - I personally would not. I mean I have, and I get nice other effects from the product, but in a purely financial aspect I believe one would be better off spending money on other things.
However, if you are megadosing BCAA's as part of lean body comp. management plan, than you want them absorbing as much as possible. This is where I say you do not want them destroyed in the gut before they get all out to the muscle cell. It does not matter what you put in your gut: protein or carb, the body will direct blood to gut for digestion. I merely side-note that I personally mega-dose in cut mode & not in bulk mode. Sorry if I confused..

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So if you are in "bulking/gain" mode wouldn't carbs like WMS right after a workout be beneficial?
Again, it draws the blood to the gut. Yes, if you had taken a drink pre or intra w/o, you'd still be fine for this amount of time.
In bulking mode, I'm drinking a pwo/intra shake concoction that has creatine & dextrose/sucrose mix, so i still wait 30 minutes after to hit up more food.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You should just take Purple WRAATH during your workout. If your going to take WMS, save it until post workout with your protein. EAAs are best taken on an "empty" stomach so they can absorb fully. And by "empty" stomach I mean you should eat preworkout carbs PRE workout, about an hour before imo

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
best way to use purple wraath? tell me im wrong, but i didn't think there was a bad way to use it. driver dan once did a log on pw, said he was in a hurry to get to gym and didn't have time to mix it. so he just scooped some in his mouth and chased it with water. i have since done this many times, props to dan.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It is a very versatile product. Honestly, this is one of my 3 favorite products in this segment: Scivation's Xtend & Core's ABC are the others. Each has it's own little niche ingredient benefit over the others, but I could use these all interchangeably.. and so i do actually, lol..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It is a very versatile product. Honestly, this is one of my 3 favorite products in this segment: Scivation's Xtend & Core's ABC are the others. Each has it's own little niche ingredient benefit over the others, but I could use these all interchangeably.. and so i do actually, lol..
ever try adding in a scoop or 2 of poseidon to pw? that combo is very nice.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ever try adding in a scoop or 2 of poseidon to pw? that combo is very nice.
YES! in fact, I just added that back into my regime here recently, I had been out for awhile. Love Poseidon!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
YES! in fact, I just added that back into my regime here recently, I had been out for awhile. Love Poseidon!
haha, pw/poseidon gives you an unfair advantage over gatorade drinkers. incredible how much more stamina and endurance you have, even more so in summer.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
I mix GreenMag, 1 scoop of Purple Wraath, 5g Glutamine, and 36g Kwik Karb as my pre-workout then mix 1 scoop of Purple Wraath in 20oiz water and sip on it during workout. I notice quicker recovery and good pumps from the L-Arginine and Citruline Malate

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Again, it draws the blood to the gut. Yes, if you had taken a drink pre or intra w/o, you'd still be fine for this amount of time.
In bulking mode, I'm drinking a pwo/intra shake concoction that has creatine & dextrose/sucrose mix, so i still wait 30 minutes after to hit up more food.
Hmm,it's all making sense now. Thanks for the help snagency. Wouldn't carbs during the workout draw blood to the gut? I mean...is blood going to the gut necessarily a bad thing?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You should just take Purple WRAATH during your workout. If your going to take WMS, save it until post workout with your protein. EAAs are best taken on an "empty" stomach so they can absorb fully. And by "empty" stomach I mean you should eat preworkout carbs PRE workout, about an hour before imo
That's it.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmm,it's all making sense now. Thanks for the help snagency. Wouldn't carbs during the workout draw blood to the gut? I mean...is blood going to the gut necessarily a bad thing?
Not necessarily.. but when trying to maximize BCAA uptake imo yes. Counterproductive.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really enjoying the insight Steve i love getting these thoughts and ideas!