Of these sleep ingredients, which is your favorite and why?

Which HERB is your favorite as a sleep aid and why?

• Kava

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Chamomile

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Valerian

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Passion Flower

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Just curious to see this because there have been so many herbs available and I have tested many of them but I want your take on it. We will be releasing our new X-Dream formulation soon and the new ingredient is amazing and is only found in X-Dream I can assure you that ;). However lets hear what you have to say about the herbal extracts which will be a nice addition.

Korben

Korben

Awards
Melatonin.. it is actually supported by some clinical data. I can't say for the others...

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Tryptophan. it works for me, and it's an amino acid, so it's just protein. It's what's in milk and turkey that makes people sleepy!

I've also heard some years ago that it's related to the reason why men get sleepy after orgasm, but I can't remember where i heard it and can't find any data to back it up.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
sex - a couple rounds in the sack and I fall right to sleep

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, knowing the IBE secret ingredient, you know my take on it my man. :D

Adams

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Theanine.

Also an amino acid. It's found in green tea and has demonstrated to counteract the effects of caffeine. You know how tea isn't as strong as coffee? Well, it's not just the difference in caffeine concentrations, it's also the theanine. It produces a nice, slight calming effect and promotes relaxation....very subtle stuff but effective every time.

(Don't know if Chamomile is known for relaxation via Theanine, so I voted other.)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, knowing the IBE secret ingredient, you know my take on it my man. :D

Adams
is it sex? I have to agree with the other poster that sex always makes me sleepy. You guys have a #1 seller on your hands (no pun intended) if you could market sex in a pill

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
is it sex? I have to agree with the other poster that sex always makes me sleepy. You guys have a #1 seller on your hands (no pun intended) if you could market sex in a pill
Unfortunately that market has already been cornered, albeit not legally. Its called MDMA :D ZING

Adams

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
DAdams was referring to ecstasy for those who did not understand that joke.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Theanine.

Also an amino acid. It's found in green tea and has demonstrated to counteract the effects of caffeine. You know how tea isn't as strong as coffee? Well, it's not just the difference in caffeine concentrations, it's also the theanine. It produces a nice, slight calming effect and promotes relaxation....very subtle stuff but effective every time.

(Don't know if Chamomile is known for relaxation via Theanine, so I voted other.)
Actually tea leaves have a higher concentration of caffeine than does coffee, you just tend to use more coffee when brewing it then you do with tea (just look in the cup lol). But I do agree theanine works great.

As for the choices, I was asking more about "herbals" in general. Don't you worry about the other ingredients, we have you covered, but I am keeping my mouth shut for now lol.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut once in awhile makes me sleep like a baby.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin.. it is actually supported by some clinical data. I can't say for the others...
It's been found to cause mild disruptions with natural testosterone production. 1 mg/day won't hurt anything, but for some people (like me), it's not big enough of a dose to help either.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Actually tea leaves have a higher concentration of caffeine than does coffee, you just tend to use more coffee when brewing it then you do with tea (just look in the cup lol). But I do agree theanine works great.

As for the choices, I was asking more about "herbals" in general. Don't you worry about the other ingredients, we have you covered, but I am keeping my mouth shut for now lol.
Ah, well there ya go. I thought I heard that as well but couldn't recall that it was based on concentration (and not on total caffeine content per cup).

So I'm guessing theanine is in this new version...

If you want to stay away from anything, I would say melatonin and tryptophan because of their ability to convert to and from serotonin and for some reason keep me from falling asleep. I get stuck in a very weird state between sleep and awake...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've been experimenting with higher doses of melatonin lately based on a recent LEF article. At 12 mg, I sleep pretty darn well and wake up refreshed after an 2 minute period of grogginess. Haven't toyed with it long enough to tell if it's messing with my test levels though.

Reishi mushroom extract is probably one of my favorite sleep aids. It has numerous ancillary benefits as well.

Passiflora works well, especially stacked with reishi.

Lemon balm extract is excellent for general relaxation as well as normalizing your sleep schedule.

Then there is hashish.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lemon balm extract is excellent for general relaxation as well as normalizing your sleep schedule.

Then there is hashish.
Lemon Balm was something that I was thinking as well.... and of course hashish... that will be a special bottle we send you Bio. :D

Adams

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gaba/ melatonin is king.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Kava is great stuff.
Gaba is pretty good too.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The American Botanical Council review the few cases of kava toxicity and found they were brought on by extreme doses by people with pre-existing liver issues.