peto pro vs hydro protein isolatin

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Which one is better? Both are top quality.

Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate Ultra Grade
PeptoPro (Hydrolyzed Caseinate)

Which is better

Amylocel (Waxy Maize Starch)
Trehalose

Im going to try 5lbs.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is what I am making.

Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate Ultra Grade 25%
PeptoPro (Hydrolyzed Caseinate) 10%
Amylocel (Waxy Maize Starch) 50%
Branch Chain Amino Acids INSTANTIZED (BCAA's) 10%
L-Leucine by the Pound 5%

I the fastest absorbing protein for right after a work out.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
This is what I am making.

Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate Ultra Grade 25%
PeptoPro (Hydrolyzed Caseinate) 10%
Amylocel (Waxy Maize Starch) 50%
Branch Chain Amino Acids INSTANTIZED (BCAA's) 10%
L-Leucine by the Pound 5%

I the fastest absorbing protein for right after a work out.
Sounds like an expensive mix, but I'd be interested in hearing of your results.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have money so I want to make the best mix. Do you think that combo is great? Im trying to get more carbs than protein to shuttle it in really fast but I want to know which is better on my 1st post.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any one else think the ratio is good or not good?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Dude,
You are over-complicating it. Try getting some Pepto Pro and some waxy maize, thats all you need. Also you want to make the waxy at least 75% of your total mix. If you don't want to do that try the hydrolized protein with dextrose. Personally I think Pepto Pro is top notch, but I am indifferent towards waxy. Right now I do a mix of 1 serving pepto pro and 50gs dextrose and it works great for recovery. If your ordering from true protein feel free to use my discount code, pkm142.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Which is better. Pepto pro or hydro?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Personally I think Pepto Pro. It it suppose to have higher growth factors that hydro whey. Also taste is a lot better IMO.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
It comes down to the degree of hydrolysis. If you can find a whey that has similar % of the di-and tripeptides that Peptopro has than, they are close to equal, except whey still has a superior EAA profile.

The hydrolyzed whey we use in our product IntrAbolic, that provides 70-80% di-and tripeptides, is an example of a whey hydrolysate that edges our PP, though they are VERY close.

Look for whey hydrolysate, that is in the 30% range to make it comparable to PP.

Good luck

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about
70% WM
10% Peptopro
10% Leucine
10% WPHHG

Its not complicated but more a science. This comes down to a science and my body needs the best ratio/combo.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about
70% WM
15% Peptopro
15% Leucine

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
70% WM
30% Peptopro thats what i will do. I just got some leukic HC for free
which is 7 grams of leucine
I can take mid work out

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I ordered some and I hope to get pslin soon. I have anabolic pump.

This is what I got. 25% peptopro 5% hydro high grade
60% waxy maize startch 10% leucine.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
The true advantage of waxy maize is the high molecular weight, which shuttles it straight into your large intenstine. Basically, you want (as others said) 75%+ waxy maize when you are consuming it.

Other than taste and just sheer quality, pepto pro is advantageous because it has the same effects on your body as other proteins in lower quantities...most people can have 10-15 grams of it per workout and be fine if they follow it up with another protein source.

Both are VERY easy to digest. So what you get when you stack them, basically, is an easily-digested super-fast-absorbing shake that fuels your workout and refuels your body, kick-starting recovery.

Here is what I got:
75% waxy maize
15% peptopro
10% BCAAs

I honestly think you made a mistake getting 60% waxy maize, because even though it will still absorb fast, you're negating the main advantage of it. Also there's no advantage to using "hydro" along with pepto.

Next time just order your waxy maize and pepto and leucine and whey seperately, in seperate tubs...then you can mix them yourself and experiment.

I personally just have 2 scoops of the blend I mentioned and follow it up a bit later with a scoop of whey isolate ion-exchange for extra protein.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The true advantage of waxy maize is the high molecular weight, which shuttles it straight into your large intenstine. Basically, you want (as others said) 75%+ waxy maize when you are consuming it.

Other than taste and just sheer quality, pepto pro is advantageous because it has the same effects on your body as other proteins in lower quantities...most people can have 10-15 grams of it per workout and be fine if they follow it up with another protein source.

Both are VERY easy to digest. So what you get when you stack them, basically, is an easily-digested super-fast-absorbing shake that fuels your workout and refuels your body, kick-starting recovery.

Here is what I got:
75% waxy maize
15% peptopro
10% BCAAs

I honestly think you made a mistake getting 60% waxy maize, because even though it will still absorb fast, you're negating the main advantage of it. Also there's no advantage to using "hydro" along with pepto.

Next time just order your waxy maize and pepto and leucine and whey seperately, in seperate tubs...then you can mix them yourself and experiment.

I personally just have 2 scoops of the blend I mentioned and follow it up a bit later with a scoop of whey isolate ion-exchange for extra protein.
I want the bulk pslin to use. Will that help?

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Oh, another advantage of Waxy is it really absorbs smoothly. Like drinking gatorade.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what pslin is, but I'll look into it.

In short, you got all "good" ingredients, but you kind of defeated the purpose of the waxy maize. It'll still absorb fast, but not as fast as possible. You paid more for it than maltodextrin and kind of made it less effective than it would be. I'm not sure why you got the 5% whey hydrolysate either.

Don't worry too much about it. Next time, just get a blend with 75% WMS, and the rest a combination of Pepto+bcaas and maybe leucine. Also order a good whey for after that, and just consume the blend followed with whey each workout.

It's not like what you ordered SUCKS or something, it's just that you kind of shot yourself in the foot by blending so much stuff together. You're paying more than you need to...

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was able to switch my order. I emailed them and they made the change. I tried to make it similar to intrabolic. Yes look at pslin.
Here is what I got:
75% waxy maize
15% peptopro
10% Leucine

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My post work out shake is set. Its already the best I can take for a post work out so I am good to go.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was able to switch my order. I emailed them and they made the change. I tried to make it similar to intrabolic. Yes look at pslin.
Here is what I got:
75% waxy maize
15% peptopro
10% Leucine

I am also looking at pslin to go with it.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
thats funny because gatorade uses dextrose
All of it that I've seen lately uses high fructose corn syrup. Maybe some dextrose as well but I haven't had any in years.

Not to mention they do ungodly things to the mixed liquid product to tweak the flavor and "drinkability," I'm sure.

My only experience with the WMS is in conjunction with peptopro and BCAAs, and at 30 grams per 6 oz (roughly) it goes down about as easy as Gatorade, which has about 14 grams of carbs per 8 oz.

There, that better, ya Nazi? :whip:

BTW, to the original poster...good looking blend...

All of it that I've seen lately uses high fructose corn syrup. Maybe some dextrose as well but I haven't had any in years.

Not to mention they do ungodly things to the mixed liquid product to tweak the flavor and "drinkability," I'm sure.

My only experience with the WMS is in conjunction with peptopro and BCAAs, and at 30 grams per 6 oz (roughly) it goes down about as easy as Gatorade, which has about 14 grams of carbs per 8 oz.

There, that better, ya Nazi? :whip:

BTW, to the original poster...good looking blend...
The powder uses dextrose and the ready to drink is HFC.

I don't know what pslin is, but I'll look into it.

In short, you got all "good" ingredients, but you kind of defeated the purpose of the waxy maize. It'll still absorb fast, but not as fast as possible. You paid more for it than maltodextrin and kind of made it less effective than it would be. I'm not sure why you got the 5% whey hydrolysate either.

Don't worry too much about it. Next time, just get a blend with 75% WMS, and the rest a combination of Pepto+bcaas and maybe leucine. Also order a good whey for after that, and just consume the blend followed with whey each workout.

It's not like what you ordered SUCKS or something, it's just that you kind of shot yourself in the foot by blending so much stuff together. You're paying more than you need to...

I doubt highly that mixing another carbohydrate with WMS effects the end results much and the spike and quick digestion will still occur. They say fat hinders carbohydrate metabolism but eat some french fries and tell time how fast you feel the insulin rush....if anything it will delay digestion but prolong the insulin response with Fatty acids and glucose circulating in the blood stream.

I know everyone is caught up with the simple sugar insulin spiking approrach but it will lead to adipose gain quickly with the average lifter or average genetic profile.

For the last 8 months, I been playig with a fast/slow mixture around my workoouts and what I'm expierencing is the best results of my life.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
I doubt highly that mixing another carbohydrate with WMS effects the end results much and the spike and quick digestion will still occur.

I know everyone is caught up with the simple sugar insulin spiking approrach but it will lead to adipose gain quickly with the average lifter or average genetic profile.

For the last 8 months, I been playig with a fast/slow mixture around my workoouts and what I'm expierencing is the best results of my life.
What I'm talking about isn't so much an insulin spike here. I'm just saying that in order to take advantage of the speed (and glycogen refuel, which I need since I work out more than 1 hr at a time), WMS should comprise 75%+ of what you consume at one time on an empty stomach. I could dig up several things confirming this if I wasn't on dialup.

Second, I don't think it causes more of an insulin spike than maltodextrin, I just think it absorbs faster. Justin Harris said "It's like racing an F1 car against a Bentley...if you have to assemble the F1 car and the Bently gets to drive the whole time." F1 would be malto, the Bentley would be the WMS.

Of course, he also mentions, correctly, that Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler don't use post-workout shakes at all...it isn't like they are 100% vital.

Can't say my results confirm that an insulin spike around my workout has resulted in any unwanted fat gain. YMMV.

What I'm talking about isn't so much an insulin spike here. I'm just saying that in order to take advantage of the speed (and glycogen refuel, which I need since I work out more than 1 hr at a time), WMS should comprise 75%+ of what you consume at one time on an empty stomach. I could dig up several things confirming this if I wasn't on dialup.

Second, I don't think it causes more of an insulin spike than maltodextrin, I just think it absorbs faster. Justin Harris said "It's like racing an F1 car against a Bentley...if you have to assemble the F1 car and the Bently gets to drive the whole time." F1 would be malto, the Bentley would be the WMS.

Of course, he also mentions, correctly, that Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler don't use post-workout shakes at all...it isn't like they are 100% vital.

Can't say my results confirm that an insulin spike around my workout has resulted in any unwanted fat gain. YMMV.

You can dig up what on 75% WMS?

The glycemic index of WMS is around 125 so if it's not about releasing insulin and glycgoen replensihment, why use it? I have a hard time believing the super digestion speed of WMS results in a lower insulin response and some sort of miracle diffusion into muscle cells without insulin....

WMS will results in a large insulin spike and then a large drop back to baseline creating the 'HYPO" feeling or wanting to go to sleep feeling or eat more carbohydrates feeling.

I'm not knocking your approach and if it works for you than continue the path, but hard to label on protocol as correct for all.