Bioperine, How much is too much?

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
With the synergy of bioperine with most ingredients it is bieng used in more and more supplement company blends. However, when stacking multiple products you can end up taking a lot of bioperine. What are your thoughts? Some informations says not to consume more then 20mg a day.

Problem

Problem

Awards
  • Established
It increases the bioavailability of nutritional compounds.

Side effects, none i have heard of, Bioperine = black pepper.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
With the synergy of bioperine with most ingredients it is bieng used in more and more supplement company blends. However, when stacking multiple products you can end up taking a lot of bioperine. What are your thoughts? Some informations says not to consume more then 20mg a day.
i think your safe if you stay in the 20mg +/- range. most products that contain bioperine are in 2.5mg and 5mg range. if you are taking so many products that the amount of bioperine equals more than 25-30mg then i think you need to re-prioritize yourself.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
i think your safe if you stay in the 20mg +/- range. most products that contain bioperine are in 2.5mg and 5mg range. if you are taking so many products that the amount of bioperine equals more than 25-30mg then i think you need to re-prioritize yourself.
haha, I would agree. I'm not personally taking that much bioperine. I am just noticing large amounts in many supplements that a lot of people are stacking. For instance PCS has 15mg per serving. You throw in one or two more supps with bioperine and you are taking in a lot.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
do not know if 20mg is too much, never heard of side effects from bioperine. DTH and TTE both have bioperine in it (probably 5mg/cap) and people are taking 5-6 caps of DTH and probably the same of TTE, so you are around 50mg there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 2
Anabolics 3
Supplements 7
Weight Loss 0
Supplements 4