Anabolic Pump and PWO carbs - AnabolicMinds.com

Anabolic Pump and PWO carbs

1. New Member

Anabolic Pump and PWO carbs

Whats the best PWO carbs to use with Anabolic Pump? It seems everywhere I read, AP is suggested to be used with slower digesting carbs like brown rice... but PWO, you want faster digesting carbs like WMS.

Whats optimum? I was thinking of doing like 30-45g WMS and 30-45g from brown rice. Best of both worlds or no good?

Anyone?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

Sorry... PWO as in post workout or pre workout.

And whats WMS?
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Sorry... PWO as in post workout or pre workout.

And whats WMS?
    post workout, and waxy maize starch
    •   

4. New Member

pre and post i take AP and then 50-75grams of wms or rice cakes with sugar free jelly. As for the rest of the day, I use AP with complex carb meals.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Mullet explains it here in the "AP Manual" in great detail AP Manual!!
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
    pre and post i take AP and then 50-75grams of wms or rice cakes with sugar free jelly. As for the rest of the day, I use AP with complex carb meals.
    Nice
    Freedom means nothing here.
  7. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It doesn't really matter IMO. Right now i am taking it with a mix of simple and complex(20-25grams WMS with 20grams of complex carbs from Core MRP)
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEPALADIN View Post
    Mullet explains it here in the "AP Manual" in great detail AP Manual!!
    its actaully not explained in the manual. it states to take slower digesting carbs like brown rice, but it doesn't go into detail about whats best for post workout, where FASTER digesting carbs are desirable.

It seems to me AP works best w/ slower digest carbs, and Post WO you want faster digesting carbs... so common sense tells me to do both and have a balanced release, both fast and slow.

USP Lab rep, where are you?!?! Need input
  9. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I'd say have complex carbs PWO w/ lean protein and avoid the fat. It doesn't have to be too fast / high-GI food if you eat it within 30 minutes of working out. Just avoid fats to help it digest quickly. Then again I almost never advocate high-GI carbs and prefer solid>liquid in most cases, so take that into consideration.

I'd say something like sweetpotato and chicken would be perfect.
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Nice
    stole that idea from your logs! Getting sick of the chalkiness of my shakes!
  11. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdgrwl View Post
    its actaully not explained in the manual. it states to take slower digesting carbs like brown rice, but it doesn't go into detail about whats best for post workout, where FASTER digesting carbs are desirable.

It seems to me AP works best w/ slower digest carbs, and Post WO you want faster digesting carbs... so common sense tells me to do both and have a balanced release, both fast and slow.

I think you might be looking too deeply here. You basically answered your own question, use both. A combo of Supercarb and WMS would work well.
  12. New Member

I think you might be looking too deeply here. You basically answered your own question, use both. A combo of Supercarb and WMS would work well.
    with a product like AP, i don't think you could ever look at something 'too deeply'. so many negative feedbacks on it, I'm just trying to make sure I use it perfectly...

anywho, common sense tells me what I outlined should be perfect for PWO, unless I'm told otherwise...
  13. New Member

with a product like AP, i don't think you could ever look at something 'too deeply'. so many negative feedbacks on it, I'm just trying to make sure I use it perfectly...

anywho, common sense tells me what I outlined should be perfect for PWO, unless I'm told otherwise...
    The negative feedbacks are from people who didn't follow the proper dosing protocols and carb intake. I remember many people saying they were taking it with meals, which it specifically says NOT to do, it is taken at a minimum 15min prior.
  14. Board Sponsor

Personally, I like to have a mixture of fast and slow carbohydrates. For instance: 1 cup of oats + 40 g of carbs from WMS for my post-workout meal.
  15. New Member

WMS is actually a complex carb believe it or not and i would just take the WMS and 20 min. later your whey and then 45 min later take the AP with a full meal (60g oats for example)
  16. Board Sponsor

I prefer slow digesting carbs post workout, or a combinationof oats and WMS. My preworkout meals are fairly large, so I'm never too worried about taking in fast carbs and fast protiens right after a workout. A normal meal works fine for me.

Try both or combined and see what works best for you.
  17. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

AP or P-Slin works best with real food - that's the whole point of "the food pump".

Use a combo of oats, ripe banana and whey - forget that empty carb BS.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolic Pump with CytoGainer??? for the carbs
    By lifter4life3333 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 11:31 AM
  2. Anabolic Pump How much carbs to eat?
    By Lotto in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 02:11 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 05:56 PM