Anabolic Pump and PWO carbs

mdgrwl

Awards
Whats the best PWO carbs to use with Anabolic Pump? It seems everywhere I read, AP is suggested to be used with slower digesting carbs like brown rice... but PWO, you want faster digesting carbs like WMS.

Whats optimum? I was thinking of doing like 30-45g WMS and 30-45g from brown rice. Best of both worlds or no good?

Anyone?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Sorry... PWO as in post workout or pre workout.

And whats WMS?

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
pre and post i take AP and then 50-75grams of wms or rice cakes with sugar free jelly. As for the rest of the day, I use AP with complex carb meals.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
pre and post i take AP and then 50-75grams of wms or rice cakes with sugar free jelly. As for the rest of the day, I use AP with complex carb meals.
Nice ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It doesn't really matter IMO. Right now i am taking it with a mix of simple and complex(20-25grams WMS with 20grams of complex carbs from Core MRP)

mdgrwl

Awards
Mullet explains it here in the "AP Manual" in great detail http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/85753-ap-manual.html
its actaully not explained in the manual. it states to take slower digesting carbs like brown rice, but it doesn't go into detail about whats best for post workout, where FASTER digesting carbs are desirable.

It seems to me AP works best w/ slower digest carbs, and Post WO you want faster digesting carbs... so common sense tells me to do both and have a balanced release, both fast and slow.

USP Lab rep, where are you?!?! Need input

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say have complex carbs PWO w/ lean protein and avoid the fat. It doesn't have to be too fast / high-GI food if you eat it within 30 minutes of working out. Just avoid fats to help it digest quickly. Then again I almost never advocate high-GI carbs and prefer solid>liquid in most cases, so take that into consideration.

I'd say something like sweetpotato and chicken would be perfect.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
its actaully not explained in the manual. it states to take slower digesting carbs like brown rice, but it doesn't go into detail about whats best for post workout, where FASTER digesting carbs are desirable.

It seems to me AP works best w/ slower digest carbs, and Post WO you want faster digesting carbs... so common sense tells me to do both and have a balanced release, both fast and slow.

I think you might be looking too deeply here. You basically answered your own question, use both. A combo of Supercarb and WMS would work well.

mdgrwl

Awards
I think you might be looking too deeply here. You basically answered your own question, use both. A combo of Supercarb and WMS would work well.
with a product like AP, i don't think you could ever look at something 'too deeply'. so many negative feedbacks on it, I'm just trying to make sure I use it perfectly...

anywho, common sense tells me what I outlined should be perfect for PWO, unless I'm told otherwise...

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
with a product like AP, i don't think you could ever look at something 'too deeply'. so many negative feedbacks on it, I'm just trying to make sure I use it perfectly...

anywho, common sense tells me what I outlined should be perfect for PWO, unless I'm told otherwise...
The negative feedbacks are from people who didn't follow the proper dosing protocols and carb intake. I remember many people saying they were taking it with meals, which it specifically says NOT to do, it is taken at a minimum 15min prior.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Personally, I like to have a mixture of fast and slow carbohydrates. For instance: 1 cup of oats + 40 g of carbs from WMS for my post-workout meal.

tbarrowwin

Awards
WMS is actually a complex carb believe it or not and i would just take the WMS and 20 min. later your whey and then 45 min later take the AP with a full meal (60g oats for example)

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I prefer slow digesting carbs post workout, or a combinationof oats and WMS. My preworkout meals are fairly large, so I'm never too worried about taking in fast carbs and fast protiens right after a workout. A normal meal works fine for me.

Try both or combined and see what works best for you.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
AP or P-Slin works best with real food - that's the whole point of "the food pump".

Use a combo of oats, ripe banana and whey - forget that empty carb BS.