5-HTP...anyone used it?

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for personal experiences with 5-HTP. I'm thinking of using it for a long term mood pick me up...thoughts?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
It works pretty well. I recently switched from 5-HTP to Yellow nEuphoria, it's kind of a blend of ingredients to improve mood, lower cortisol levels, reduce stress and give you energy. Worth looking into.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for personal experiences with 5-HTP. I'm thinking of using it for a long term mood pick me up...thoughts?
Bro, do the research man. "5-htp anyone use it?"... no. nobody's ever used 5-htp. You'll find thread after thread on it.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Although it has a reputation for easing anxiety, for me it can sometimes trigger it because it gives me a high that feels similar to vicodin. Perhaps the anxiety is merely a psychosomatic result from my opinion of its effects being similar to a stimulating narcotic though. Just start off with small doses.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i have heard people describe it close to how they feel on an antidepressant more than painreliever. i have used it for its sleep benefits and it has worked for me in that reqard.

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
Although it has a reputation for easing anxiety, for me it can sometimes trigger it because it gives me a high that feels similar to vicodin. Perhaps the anxiety is merely a psychosomatic result from my opinion of its effects being similar to a stimulating narcotic though. Just start off with small doses.
That sounds interesting. I have taken 5-HTP with no noticeable results. How many mg's are you taking?

Satch

Awards
i find it's good for headaches. problem is it can make me drowsy. I've been cutting back on coffee and the 5-thp was way better than advil for the heachaches

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
300mg at once eliminate anxiety for me. 100mg 3x a day for a few weeks will increase mood..sleep better and act as a pretty strong sexual enhancer. If I take 300mg at once I can last forever if I wanted to. A must for wedding night! hehe Mix it with some kava kava and 80% cocoa and look out.. You won't stop till late morning the next day.. hehe

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
That sounds interesting. I have taken 5-HTP with no noticeable results. How many mg's are you taking?
Last time was like 6 months ago, believe I only took 200mg, a few people i spoke to over voice chat said I sounded high.