My Head Is Gonna Explode.

A

Azryek

Awards
At 18 I was 6'4" and 162 lbs. I am 27 now and weigh 220 lbs.

I have lifted off and on for the past 8-9 years or so, but have gotten serious about it in the last year and a half. I was 175 lbs in February of 2007 and just snapped, decided I was sick of being referred to as "the tall skinny guy".

I don't get called that anymore, generally it sounds more like "that big sonuva***** standing over there" which is great, except I want it to go something along the lines of "that ****ing massive freak over in the corner lifting the truck"

Short point, I want to be huge. So I set my mind on attaining 250 lbs as a starting goal.

With that as a goal I started doing some research in to what supplements I should be taking. So with that all explained, I have a few questions.

First off, GNC pisses me off, paying those prices for stuff I have to take in so regularly seems like a ripoff, I am stuck in Alaska right now, so my shopping will now be done online.

As far as protein, whey seems to be the way to go (No pun intended) but which kind? Whats the difference between isolate, blend, concentrate and opti-blend? I took a look around over at allthewhey.com and they have a crapload of products. I'd like something that minimizes bloating if possible.

With about a bajillion companies all saying they have the best ****, how do I decide?

Creatine, again, **** GNC, what would some of you recommend based on personal experience?

Last but not least, for pre-workout energy, what are some of the things you guys use, I have been using NO-Xplode, which gets the job done, but I want something in a pill form to cut down on the bloating since I have a hard enough time eating enough as it is.

Is there anything major that I am missing? I am completely new as far as serious supplementing goes and beyond creatine, protein and a pre-lift energy shot I am clueless.

Sorry for all the beginner questions at once, and thanks for taking the time to read my long post.

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
About the whey, WPI is going to be the best, but more expensive. Most likely, not much gain is going to be seen by getting Concentrate or Blend rather than more expensive isolate. Also Isolate is faster at being broken down.

About choosing products, look at logs, and try to research individual ingredients in products (all if possible)

All the other questions can be found in other posts in this section. do some searches.

Welcome to AM :)

A

Azryek

Awards
Thanks mate, I'll do some more looking around. Appreciate the info.

polo

polo

Awards
did u take roids because thats a big weight gain in 1 year
if u havent take a ph

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You prefer pill form?

I'd run GREEN BULGE + RPM stack preworkout and get frickin huge !!! :dl:

A

Azryek

Awards
if u havent take a ph
Never taken anything stronger than the aforementioned NO-Xplode.

I quit drinking, quit smoking, started lifting and actually eating.

I know **** about steroids and tbh they scare me, since I don't know **** about them.

Thanks for the links guys, I'll do more reading when I get home from work today.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
You prefer pill form?

I'd run GREEN BULGE + RPM stack preworkout and get frickin huge !!! :dl:
oh my god. never thought about this stack. that is something ill need to try. good call renegade.

TonySmiles

TonySmiles

Awards
I pretty much switch around my NO/creatine powders here and there to keep from adapting to one or the other. I recently have been running Controlled Labs:

White Flood (NO)
Green Mag (creatine)
Purple Wraath (BCAA)

No problems with bloating. Excellent pumps, energy and recovery. Great bang for the buck as well! You will get great (no bs) feedback on a lot of great products just poke around and let us know if you need any help. Good luck

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
if u havent take a ph
Not too smart to go recommending people new to working out to run a ph bro, he's here asking about supps not steroids!

A

Azryek

Awards
Not too smart to go recommending people new to working out to run a ph bro, he's here asking about supps not steroids!
Pretty sure he was curious if I had, at least that's how I read it, not recommending it.

Thanks again for all the info guys!

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
Pretty sure he was curious if I had, at least that's how I read it, not recommending it.

Thanks again for all the info guys!
The way i read it was, if you haven't roided then you should run a PH. IDK if thats what he meant(i hope not) but thats how i read it.

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
im pretty sure, and read it as, he forgot the n at the end of take.

But thats a pretty good gain over a year. almost 4lbs a month. if doing everything right and bulking, its not too hard, but its hard to keep it up over a year.