- 07-15-2008, 11:06 PM
- 07-15-2008, 11:31 PM
If you were going to choose just one time to take it, it would be most effective to take it with your post workout whey shake to help with protein synthesis. If you drink a whey shake pre workout as well it wouldnt hurt anything to throw some in there too. I take BCAA's (which contains a good amount ofobviously) both pre and post workout.
- 07-15-2008, 11:58 PM
I would actually use it pre-bed. Your likely getting enough protein if your supplementing whey post workout anyways (there isin whey). Pre-bed you will basically be entering a fasting state, and leucine can promote protein synthesis for 2 or 3 hours after use which is nice since you'll be sleeping.
07-16-2008, 05:50 PM
07-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Regarding zma you normally want to take this 1 hour pre-sleep/bed, the leucine would be consumed right before bed so you should have no trouble interaction wise. (the typical problem is taking zma with calcium or dairy products as that hinders absorption).
Gaba, I honestly am not to sure on regarding interactions. I see no problem with the two however. Maybe the nootropic junkies could chime in on this one.
Similar Forum Threads
- By boykid28 in forum SupplementsReplies: 23Last Post: 08-27-2013, 09:03 PM
- By sizematters10 in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 02-23-2009, 04:40 PM
- By joebo in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-17-2008, 07:15 PM
- By satyricon in forum NutraplanetReplies: 4Last Post: 10-17-2008, 01:22 PM
- By Halveye in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 03-14-2008, 01:43 AM