Anabolic Pump & SizeOn Question

M

mdgrwl

Awards
I'm currently using SizeOn and love it. I'm thinking of throwing Anabolic Pump in the mix too.

My question is timing of course. I currently take SizeOn DURING my workout, and it contains 30g of carbs (simple and complex). Then imededietly after my workout I take another 90g carbs of WMS.... question is, when should I take Anabolic Pump?

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm currently using SizeOn and love it. I'm thinking of throwing Anabolic Pump in the mix too.

My question is timing of course. I currently take SizeOn DURING my workout, and it contains 30g of carbs (simple and complex). Then imededietly after my workout I take another 90g carbs of WMS.... question is, when should I take Anabolic Pump?
DO you have a preworkout meal? Could be used here.

90 g WMS seems like a lot at one time, but I prefer to use mostly complex carb sources. You could dose the AP 15 before your post workout shake.

M

mdgrwl

Awards
DO you have a preworkout meal? Could be used here.

90 g WMS seems like a lot at one time, but I prefer to use mostly complex carb sources. You could dose the AP 15 before your post workout shake.
isn't WMS a complex carb? the fastest digesting complex, no?

using AP 15min before post workout... but I that would be right in the middle of my workout, and I'm taking SizeOn which has carbs in it as well....

Should I just take AP 15 before my first sip of SizeOn (which contains carbs)?

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
isn't WMS a complex carb? the fastest digesting complex, no?

using AP 15min before post workout... but I that would be right in the middle of my workout, and I'm taking SizeOn which has carbs in it as well....

Should I just take AP 15 before my first sip of SizeOn (which contains carbs)?
Yes, I guess I should have said slower digesting complex carbs.

You could take the AP before the sizeon, but 30 g may not be enough carbs, and may make you feel lethargic, definately NOT something you want to happen when training.

Personally, I would use it before your preworkout meal, or just take it the second you get done training. If you have to wait a bit more to have your WMS shake it isnt going to make much a difference.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's what I plan on doing

1-P-slin
15-20min
pre-workout meal (50-75gr carbs)
1.5hr later
SizeON (30gr carbs)
after workout 1cap AP
15min later
Post workout meal (50gr carbs)

You dont have to get that meal in as soon as your done. It's not life or death here with post workout nutrition. 15min wont kill you trust me.

M

mdgrwl

Awards
Here's what I plan on doing

1-P-slin
15-20min
pre-workout meal (50-75gr carbs)
1.5hr later
SizeON (30gr carbs)
after workout 1cap AP
15min later
Post workout meal (50gr carbs)

You dont have to get that meal in as soon as your done. It's not life or death here with post workout nutrition. 15min wont kill you trust me.
so having the 1 cap after SizeON will be fine though SizeOn has carbs? Its okay to take after carbs, as long as you have more carbs 15/20 min after the 1 cap, right?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so having the 1 cap after SizeON will be fine though SizeOn has carbs? Its okay to take after carbs, as long as you have more carbs 15/20 min after the 1 cap, right?
Yea I don't see a problem. I did something similar to this last winter and I think things went pretty well. Only thing I would have changed was using WMS post workout. This time around it will be brown rice.

D

DoMiNiKiNG947

Awards
I though there was some ingredient in SizeOn that will mimick Anabolic Pump and kill some of it's effect?? I'm thinking about using SizeOn but not sure because of that.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I though there was some ingredient in SizeOn that will mimick Anabolic Pump and kill some of it's effect?? I'm thinking about using SizeOn but not sure because of that.
Sizeone does contain ALA, an insulin potentiator. This may interfere with AP's ability to block glucose uptake in fat cells. I feel that the ALA dose is low, and I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially during a workout. You can wait an hour between Sizeon and AP doses to be safe if you wish.

M

mdgrwl

Awards
Sizeone does contain ALA, an insulin potentiator. This may interfere with AP's ability to block glucose uptake in fat cells. I feel that the ALA dose is low, and I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially during a workout. You can wait an hour between Sizeon and AP doses to be safe if you wish.
Yeah, but I don't want to wait 60 to 80 minutes to have my post workout shake...

perhaps SizeOn just isn't a good fit when using AP, and vice versa ?

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but I don't want to wait 60 to 80 minutes to have my post workout shake...

perhaps SizeOn just isn't a good fit when using AP, and vice versa ?
I'm confused.... Why do you need to wait 60-80 min for your shake?

M

mdgrwl

Awards
I'm confused.... Why do you need to wait 60-80 min for your shake?
It was suggested to wait 1 hour after taking SizeOn to take AP due to the ALA in SizeOn. Well, your supposed to sip on SizeOn during your workout, stretching it for the duration of your workout. So after last sip of SizeOn (end of workout), it was suggested to wait an hour to take AP. Then once AP is taken, you have to wait another 15-20 min for your carbohydrate containing PWO shake/meal.

So from last sip of SizeOn to PWO shake, thats a total of about 75 to 80 minutes... this doesn't seem right.

How can I take these two products together? It doesn't seem like they match up real well.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It was suggested to wait 1 hour after taking SizeOn to take AP due to the ALA in SizeOn. Well, your supposed to sip on SizeOn during your workout, stretching it for the duration of your workout. So after last sip of SizeOn (end of workout), it was suggested to wait an hour to take AP. Then once AP is taken, you have to wait another 15-20 min for your carbohydrate containing PWO shake/meal.

So from last sip of SizeOn to PWO shake, thats a total of about 75 to 80 minutes... this doesn't seem right.

How can I take these two products together? It doesn't seem like they match up real well.
Oh, that's what I though...

Like I said above, the ALA dose appears low, and is taken during training. I wouldn't worry about them causing any issued together at this time. Try taking an AP right before the sizeone, then you will be primed for your post wo shake, or just take the AP directly after training, 15 min before shake. Let me know how it works out for you.

R

Rhys26

Awards
Oh, that's what I though...

Like I said above, the ALA dose appears low, and is taken during training. I wouldn't worry about them causing any issued together at this time. Try taking an AP right before the sizeone, then you will be primed for your post wo shake, or just take the AP directly after training, 15 min before shake. Let me know how it works out for you.
I am going to be starting AP soon. I usually have a serving of torrent immediately after workout and sizeon during. About 30-60 mins after torrent I have a meal (meal 5). Should I take the AP before meal 5?

M

mdgrwl

Awards
also, is it okay to take AP directly w/ EAA's? Like when I first wake up, I'll have EAA's, then 15-20 min later have my morning meal. Will the EAA's effect the AP ?

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am going to be starting AP soon. I usually have a serving of torrent immediately after workout and sizeon during. About 30-60 mins after torrent I have a meal (meal 5). Should I take the AP before meal 5?
You can take it before your torrent or save it for meal 5. Either would be fine. I would use it directly post wo with torrent.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you kidding? I laid out how I did it and it work'd fine or do as drnk said and just take it 15min before your SizeON. Your really making this way bigger of a deal than it really is. I would be more worried about making sure your nutrition is 100% dialed in before i'd even bat an eye lash at this being a problem.

Search Jjohns log of using the 2 products together, he loved it.

R

Rhys26

Awards
You can take it before your torrent or save it for meal 5. Either would be fine. I would use it directly post wo with torrent.
So AP then 15 mins later Torrent. Does it matter that torrent isnt complex carbs?

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
also, is it okay to take AP directly w/ EAA's? Like when I first wake up, I'll have EAA's, then 15-20 min later have my morning meal. Will the EAA's effect the AP ?

Yes, it is fine to combine EAA's and AP before a meal.

M

mdgrwl

Awards
Are you kidding? I laid out how I did it and it work'd fine or do as drnk said and just take it 15min before your SizeON. Your really making this way bigger of a deal than it really is. I would be more worried about making sure your nutrition is 100% dialed in before i'd even bat an eye lash at this being a problem.

Search Jjohns log of using the 2 products together, he loved it.
Just doesn't seem like downing 30 grams of carbs in SizeOn, then shoot down AP right after makes sense. Can't tell me there's not gluclose still in your blood from the SO when the AP starts to activate... if its not a big deal, then why are we supposed to WAIT 15-20 min before taking it? Just doesn't add up in my head bro, on top of the fact that SO has ALA.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So AP then 15 mins later Torrent. Does it matter that torrent isnt complex carbs?
That would work well. I prefer to use slowler digesting complex sources with AP, but post workout simple sugars have their place. I would say it is fine, just make sure and get some good complex carbs in your next meal.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just doesn't seem like downing 30 grams of carbs in SizeOn, then shoot down AP right after makes sense. Can't tell me there's not gluclose still in your blood from the SO when the AP starts to activate... if its not a big deal, then why are we supposed to WAIT 15-20 min before taking it? Just doesn't add up in my head bro, on top of the fact that SO has ALA.
ok i can understand where your coming form 100%. I was thinking the same way you were when I started. Then I got to th point where I said eff it. Im over thinking the situation at hand and just did it and was very happy. So much so I will be doing it again this fall/winter.

Like drnk said you could do it before your workout Mullet solider was talking about N-RALA with AP being awesome for pre/intra workout. AP has a longer active time and you should be ok cutting back on the post workout carbs to say about 60gr and have great gains this way since the AP will still be active.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea, there will still be glucose throughout the bloodstream, but you are also training during this time. Taking the AP while still having glucose in your system doesn't effect how it will work when you comsume you post WO shake. You would be taking the AP FOR your post workout shake, even though you may dose it with the SizeOn. I am assuming you workouts are no more than 60 min.

Also the ALA is in a blend of 206 mg, and listed torwards the end of 8 ingrediants. It is likely a low dose. Wouldn't worry about it, IMO.

M

mdgrwl

Awards
k, will give this a go, thanks guys.

Any word on taking AP with EAA's, specifially in the morning. I would like to take AP w/ EAA's imedietly when I wake up. Then after shower/get dressed ect... have carbs. Is it ok to swallow down AP directly w EAA's 15/20min before carbs?

M

mdgrwl

Awards
I dunno guys... I'm still contemplating this issue and I'm just not convinced that taking SizeOn, and AP together is productive. I should of also mentioned that I take NO-Shotgun as a preworkout drink that also has insulin mimicking agents...

I took a look at the usplabs.com/forums and SizeOn & NO-Shotgun were both brought up and the USPLab reps said not to take them with AP.

I guess I'm just not going to dose AP w/ my post workout meal as I belive it will be counterproduct, where the insulin mimicking agents will debunk AP...

M

mdgrwl

Awards
Not even sure if that answers my question really...

let me get this straight, right now I'm using NoShotgun/SizeOn w/ fine results... I don't see any fat gain at all... so adding AP will just make things better?

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not even sure if that answers my question really...

let me get this straight, right now I'm using NoShotgun/SizeOn w/ fine results... I don't see any fat gain at all... so adding AP will just make things better?
Anabolic Pump will just make things better. The only recommendation that I have is that you have an hour in between taking the products that contain insulin potentiators and Anabolic Pump if you want to be sure.