VPX ZI Bars Cahnged Ingredient Profile

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Guys, I just found this over at BB.com It seems VPX has seriously crippled what I've thought to be the best protein bar around. No more CLA, no more Sesamin. Micellar protein left out. Check out the new Pumpkin Supreme labels.. Not sure if Choco-PB is affected yet. Apparently the box the bars come in still show the old profile. The bars have updated ingredient list. This is very shady I'm PISSEEDD :aargh::aargh:

Attachments

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
I want an explanation. I noticed the ingredient panel was missing the CLA and Sesamin, but didn't think much about it at first. It still has the Sesathin seal on the package...

I go through about a box per month or so, simply due to emergency food situations, but I've been choking them down because of the amazing profile and because it is a great source of fats for me, and I like the wide range of proteins in the old versions. I have one of these right here at my desk, and the more I look at it, the more irritated I get. I haven't noticed ANY change in the taste or texture, which I would expect if they actually removed that many ingredients. I'm hoping it was just a label f**kup. If not, I'll need to find a decent source of Probolic-SR triple peanut butter bars.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Apparently a rep over at BB just verified from the CEO that the profile has indeed changed. Why then do the box and bar profiles not match? And why is the SesaTrim logo still on the bars when there is no Sesamin to be found in the ingredients?

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Apparently a rep over at BB just verified from the CEO that the profile has indeed changed. Why then do the box and bar profiles not match? And why is the SesaTrim logo still on the bars when there is no Sesamin to be found in the ingredients?
Thank you for the info. While it is still a good bar, it's appeal just dropped off the map for me... I've been keeping boiled chicken and eggs handy to replace all but the bars I eat on the go (rarely).

Question: Where is all the fat coming from if it's not CLA / Sesamin?? Why is the fat content still so high considering they've removed the GOOD fats from the recipe?

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
I just checked VPX's site. It looks like they changed the label and Ingredients for the Chocolate-PB Bar, but NOT the Pumpkin Supreme that I posted a picture of above. Use the link below to compare ingredients to what you have now.

It looks like the NEW Choc-PB Bar has 1 less gram of Sat Fat and ~7 less carbs, but the same amount of calories (448) as the old bar.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Guys, I just found this over at BB.com It seems VPX has seriously crippled what I've thought to be the best protein bar around. No more CLA, no more Sesamin. Micellar protein left out. Check out the new Pumpkin Supreme labels.. Not sure if Choco-PB is affected yet. Apparently the box the bars come in still show the old profile. The bars have updated ingredient list. This is very shady I'm PISSEEDD :aargh::aargh:
I used to love these bars...:frustrate

Attachments

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
i just bought a box...didnt even realize the change. DAMMIT!!@

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
i just bought a box...didnt even realize the change. DAMMIT!!@
I know, that's the major problem I have. Absolutly NO communication with vendors or consumers (no visible change has been made on the package, and even the SesaTrim logo is still on the dam*ed thing) and shady packaging (or a HUGE mistake by using the old boxes and not updating the bar packaging).

I mean why would they rip out the things that made ZI the best bar on the market imo (and the only ones I would eat at this point)? A few dollars per box? I'd most likely pay a bit more to keep the profile as it were. With that said, they are still very good bars... but now they've lost their edge and became just another bar.

I could see companies I trust handling this problem in a much less sneaky way. For example, I could see Controlled Labs, USPLabs, AN, MST, PAL, and many more all doing a bit of research in the market including forum fishing before making such a change, and then COMMUNICATING with the people who keep them in business. I could imagine a thread entitled "Help us decide: Zero Impact needs your opinion" or something like that. But not VPX? Why not?

LOL, it seems a bit of an overreaction now that i read the above... but still.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I hope my VPX zero impact packets are ok................................

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
the box I just bought from NP are choco/PB, expire july/09 and have the good profile still.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
the box I just bought from NP are choco/PB, expire july/09 and have the good profile still.
I might take a chance and grab the Choc/PB. I bought a box of pumpkin 2-3 weeks ago, and they are the gimped profile with the shady wrapper/box.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
I have the exact same ones. I have a feeling these are the last of the old batch. Enjoy them while they last. Only 4 left for me...

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I noticed it, too. the fats are still good, from almond and sunflower seed butter. It's still the most 'food-like' bar on the planet, but it was better before.

Email them here: [email protected] If we pound 'em, they'll capitulate. :D

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You guys changed the ingredients, according to the labels on the new Pumpkin bars I bought yesterday from the Vitamin Shoppe: no Sesamin, no micellar casein, no CLA. The label still has the Sesamin symbol, but it's not listed in the ingredients. Why? >WE< are not happy *. The ZI bars were the best, period, bar none; please keep it that way!

Oh, and do you guys have samples of the new Shotgun? Thanks!

Nate (poison on AM.com)

*No, I'm not schizophrenic: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/99071-vpx-zi-bars.html

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I just checked VPX's site. It looks like they changed the label and Ingredients for the Chocolate-PB Bar, but NOT the Pumpkin Supreme that I posted a picture of above. Use the link below to compare ingredients to what you have now.

It looks like the NEW Choc-PB Bar has 1 less gram of Sat Fat and ~7 less carbs, but the same amount of calories (448) as the old bar.

I led tha way in having them change that a while back as calories didn't match up. It's nothing new. :)

VPX has done this quite a bit in tha past. That Toad guy brings up some good questions.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Good email poison. I actually got a reply back on mine, but it was the generic "we goofed on the packaging, please understand" type of response. None of the questions were answered. And yes, it is still a great bar.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Update:

While VPX wasn't very responsive, Nutraplanet was extremely helpful and will verify the version they have in stock if you ask before ordering. This is one reason, I'll always be a NutraPlanet customer. I trust none other more and NP.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
VPX constantly changes ingredients from batch to batch, they have numerous times on their whey and their sustained protein. It doesnt surprise me they did with the bars too.

With their new fatburner being all methyl this and that, as well as their new pump and recovery products its clear VPX is going down hill (not to mention their typically damn expensive)

I didnt think they'd make it after the original PH ban, but they seem to still be doing well, even sponsoring that phenomenal 20 yr old from Canada that I saw on MD's website. (sux they dropped Freeman though)

Some of their products, such as Nitronx, I really liked, but was overpriced.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got a few boxes Six months ago laying around PB chocolate and pumpkin supreme. interested in the change as well. also yeah why so much fat. Ten to fifteen grams is okay

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I remember back in the day, the Trioplex bars tasted better than any candy bar, and then it turned out they had like 4x the sugar and fat and maybe half the protein of what was listed. Once they reformulated them to actually be healthy/to meet label claims they tasted like ass.

I dont think thats the case with these as they didnt taste candy like in the first place, and as vpx has been around for years, but these bars remind me of them in both the texture/look of the bar and this whole label change thing.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
....months later....

so what's the deal with these bars now, are they all good again? I mentioned in a nother forum that I quit eating them over this, and someone who spoke as if he was a company employee said that the only thing that had changed was the sweetner and that they're the same as they've always been.

ksa

Awards
  • Established
so what's the deal with these bars now, are they all good again? I mentioned in a nother forum that I quit eating them over this, and someone who spoke as if he was a company employee said that the only thing that had changed was the sweetner and that they're the same as they've always been.

I wont trust them anymore after listing thier creatine blend as potein. I was reffering to no-shotgun btw & its 7g of creatine.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Well the company rep is full of s**t. An interesting thing I noticed is that they didn't strip down the Choco-PB profile as much as they did the Pumpkin Supreme. They downright castrated the latter! :nutkick: