What do you guys think? (odd creatine question)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently taking Lisinopril HCT to control my high blood pressure. It contains a diuretic, so I'm not sure that it would be very creatine friendly. What do you guys think?

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently taking Lisinopril HCT to control my high blood pressure. It contains a diuretic, so I'm not sure that it would be very creatine friendly. What do you guys think?
probably not a good idea oz, i hope you get that BP down some

cheers

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
probably not a good idea oz, i hope you get that BP down some

cheers
Oh it's down. I've been on meds for a couple years actually. Thanks for the concern though man.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Oh it's down. I've been on meds for a couple years actually. Thanks for the concern though man.
sweet

i maybe wrong oz but IMHO creatine needs water to be at it's best and having a diuretic which eliminates water seems counter productive.

hopefully someone more qualified than myself can help

reps

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tough one to answer my friend. Lisinopril is an ACE(Angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor which blocks the enzyme from converting into its active form Angiotensin II. This is part of the bodies blood pressure regulatory mechanism which causes narrowing of blood vessel vasculature, as well as holding onto fluid limiting urine formation in the kidneys. The end result is an increased blood pressure. This medication limits both of those pathways lowering your blood pressure accordingly.

The addition of HCTZ(hydrocholorthiazide) or a thiazide diuretic helps to control blood pressure even further by enhancing the diuretic effect of excessive intravascular fluid.

While creatine tends to draw intravascular fluid(in the veins/arteries) into both the interstitial and intra-cellular regions, it's still a risk at increasing your overall blood pressure in many ways. I'm not sure i would recommend it, however again, i'm not a doctor.

IMO, it runs a great risk to be counter-productive my friend. If it concerns you though, ask you doctor about it. However, i think he's going to tell you what i already have.

Your health comes first my friend. Be safe. :)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty then.

thanks for the answers guys! No creatine for me :)