diatomaceous earth

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have any experience using this as a supplement? The edible kind is different from what is used in swimming pool filters.

Supposed to be very beneficial. Lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, detox the body of heavy metals, kill parasites, and many other things.

We came across it while (ok this is kinda embarrassing) trying to rid our house of a flea infestation. We've tried sprays, flea bombs, steam cleaning the carpet and furniture, bathing the pets of course, and nothing has worked. In fact, we damned near killed one of our cats with that crap you drip on their neck, and the !@##$ fleas keep coming back.

Diatomaceous earth mixed with Boraxo and sprinkled on the carpet is supposed to do the little b@stards in, so we are going to try it.

We got more than enough to do our small house, then we figured we'd try it as a supplement too.

Anyone with experience with it? I'd sure like to hear what you have to say.

Thanks!

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would think it may be like charcoal, and would absorb things as it passed through your digestive tract.

I do recall it is an expedient decontamination material for chemical agents on hard surfaces...let's hope you never have to know that!

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
just make sure you don't turn some color like that guy on c. silver!