Serious mass?

pdx89

pdx89

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Has anyone here ever tried the protien powder Serious Mass by Optimum Nutrition, and if you did was it good for packing on muscle or just alot of fat?

SurfDan5

SurfDan5

Awards
I'm using it right now and have been for a few months. So far I've been gaining an average of 6-8lbs a month and haven't noticed much fat gain. I've also increased strength wise in all my lifts. It's great stuff!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just look at the ingredients pdx and compare to others.That will tell you which is more likely to put fat on you.All serious mass,and others will do,is make it easier to achieve your daily cals,protien,and carb needs.Don't think it's anything special.You'd actually be better off with more food to compensate for the added cals that serious mass would give you.....Ofcourse shakes are just more convenient.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
personally to take in 2500 cals for me is a major pain and requires crazy eating. This winter when I bulk I am probably getting what your looking at, it seems to be one of the best priced deals. Besides all my other protien is either Optimum Nutrition or Muscle Milk.(OMG chocolace caramel swirl:clap2:)

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
1. Get the chocolate.
2. mix with milk and peanut butter in a blender.
3. thank me, cause it tastes too good for a protein shake.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1. Get the chocolate.
2. mix with milk and peanut butter in a blender.
3. thank me, cause it tastes too good for a protein shake.
Thats what I do.Just use the regular protien,mix it with milk,pb,and oats.Healthiest weight gainer ever!

pdx89

pdx89

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah i guess the carbs and cals are a bit overkill for me i'm used to muscle milk. But the price for serious mass is really good.

Best shake ever:
1 cup soy milk
2 scoops muscle milk any flavor (prefeably brownie batter)
2 tbs peanut butter (preferably natty)
1 med-large bannana
1 cup ice

Blend the hell out of it and then enjoy :).

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I'm using it right now and have been for a few months. So far I've been gaining an average of 6-8lbs a month and haven't noticed much fat gain. I've also increased strength wise in all my lifts. It's great stuff!
Wow...you're you've been using this for several months, you are gaining 6-8 lbs from months because of this stuff. Do you still weigh 175lbs. How much do you weigh now? How much did you weigh 2 mths ago? At this rate you'll weigh over 250 lbs a year from now. Keep up the good work, impressive gains...many guys here are jealous of you. Anyone else here notice this guys impressive gains....no need to go to the steroid forum...this guys found the Holy Grail.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Damn that's impressive. Have you experienced any testicular shrinkage by any chance?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
While I am sure that there are some really fine protein powders to be had, I just want to add my opinion on the role of protein in a diet. Powders will never be able to replace real food but are to be used for convenience and are a good way to get extra protein in your diet. Sometimes it's hard to eat that much for some people. The only time I would say protein powder may be more beneficial and this is a bias and may not hold weight, is after working out where demand for fast protein might be higher.

In conclusion I would not spend a lot of extra money on powders, a good concentrate or blend that is well priced is probably the best bang for your buck. These proteins probably get the job done and there is likely not that much room for improvement. There are some that put extra ingredients in it but your could buy those and put them in yourself.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First thing in the morning is good for protien powders too.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
There are cleaner and better ways to go about bulking vs. weight gainers.

gibsonj4

gibsonj4

Awards
  • Established
It's called EATING lol it also happens to be a tiny bit cheaper too.