Hydrolyzed Rice Syrup

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone used this as a carb source?
I have used it since its the carb source in Omega Sports One. I really liked that product. I was using it with MAN Orotine and that was probably the best result delivering combo that I have ever tried.

jazzman21

Awards
  • Established
It's mind boggling that this stuff hasn't gotten more attention. From what i've been reading it seems like a much better alternative to malto, detrox and possibly even waxy maize.

Unfortunately I was only able to find one company that sells it. I plan on trying some soon.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I looks like awsome stuff. I too used a jug of ONE, liked it, but didn't feel it was worth the high price.

I would like to see the HRS as a stand alone carb source.

Pimp C

Awards
art atwood's pure velocity product has it along with hydrolyzed maxy maize, glycerol, pyruvate, and carbogen. i love the stuff. it keeps you superhydrated and awesome endurance.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
art atwood's pure velocity product has it along with hydrolyzed maxy maize, glycerol, pyruvate, and carbogen. i love the stuff. it keeps you superhydrated and awesome endurance.
Bingo, it's all about hydration and a steady energy supply during your workouts. HRS brings it

jazzman21

Awards
  • Established
I looks like awsome stuff. I too used a jug of ONE, liked it, but didn't feel it was worth the high price.

I would like to see the HRS as a stand alone carb source.
PM sent!

Just what I hoped for, I got people talking about this stuff. :) HRS is still "underground" in my opinion, but when people really start to catch on to this stuff I think it's gonna be as big or bigger than waxy maize.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
PM sent!

Just what I hoped for, I got people talking about this stuff. :) HRS is still "underground" in my opinion, but when people really start to catch on to this stuff I think it's gonna be as big or bigger than waxy maize.
Exactly. I saw ONE come out about the same time as WMS was getting big and couldn't understand why noone else was selling HRS as the literature on it makes it seem vastly supirior. Instead of being just a fast absorbing, no bloat carb, HRS has electrolytes and sustained release for steady, prolonged insulin response that doesn't spike and great hydration properties. Glad to know there is now another source for it. :thumbsup:

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
would HRS be better suited as a pre or post WO carb source?

jazzman21

Awards
  • Established
From what I've read, it's best to consume before, during and after.

Before - To fuel your muscles and/or get them primed for intense workout
During - To keep muscle fueled and prevent glycogen depletion
After - To recover, rehydrate and replenish your muscles

Also prevents catabolism (muscle breakdown).

djl

Awards
  • Established
Is this the same thing as NOW's Brown Rice Syrup?

16 Oz.
Supplement Facts
Serving Size2Tbsp(42g)
Servings Per Container10
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 130
Calories From Fat 0
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 35mg 1%
Potassium 15mg <1%
Total Carbohydrate 32g 11%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 20g
Protein 0.5g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 4%
Iron 1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
† Daily Value not established
Ingredient
Organic Brown Rice Syrup.

NOW Brown Rice Syrup is a healthy, natural sweetener with a mild, buttery flavor and a delicate sweetness that makes it ideal for use in baking and desserts. Unlike simple sugars, such as monosaccharides and disaccharides, Brown Rice Syrup is a polysaccharide, or a complex sugar. The unique structure of complex sugars allows them to be absorbed and broken down more slowly than simple sugars, avoiding rapid spikes in blood glucose. Slower absorption also allows the body to utilize complex sugars for energy instead of having to store them as fat for later use. Brown Rice Syrup is made by fermenting brown rice with special enzymes that break down the natural starch content of the rice. This process produces a translucent syrup that's an excellent alternative to white and brown sugar.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
From what I've read, it's best to consume before, during and after.

Before - To fuel your muscles and/or get them primed for intense workout
During - To keep muscle fueled and prevent glycogen depletion
After - To recover, rehydrate and replenish your muscles

Also prevents catabolism (muscle breakdown).
I was using it twice a day with MAN Orotine. Once, upon waking up and again later in the day(usually 6-8 hours later) or intra-workout on training days. It was better than anything else I have ever used.

djl

Awards
  • Established
no. there is no sugar in hydrolyzed rice syrup.
You have a link to a stand-alone hydrolyzed rice syrup?

The info from NOWs shows no added sugars--it's just rice syrup.

EDIT: I see Protein Factory has HRS Hydrolyzed Rice Syrup!:

2 Lbs.
Supplement Facts
Serving Size:1Scoop(22g)
Servings Per Container:41
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 80
Calories From Fat 0
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g %
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 230mg 10%
Total Carbohydrates 21g 7%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 0g
Vitamin A 0%
Calcium 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Iron 0%

A patented enzymatic process that creates a low osmolar rice-based electrolyte formula. The process also creates a product that possesses a variety of chain lengths to only 20 grams of glucose in other oral electrolyte products, because glucose is a single, larger molecule. The carbohydrate carries amino acids and electrolytes into the system. Thus the large glucose molecule, in solutions like "the famous sports drink" takes longer for the stomach to digest. The HRS enters into the bloodstream faster than the glucose (dextrose and/or maltodextrin). In one study HRS was 60-80 minutes into the bloodstream before the dextrose drink. The product is instantized thus that means it goes right into solution without a shaker cup or blender and has a fair taste.