Supplements for my body type and goal

Bubking88

Awards
Ok just wondering if anyone could give me a list of supplements protiens, vitamins whatever to help me out in my training.

Im 240 about 5'8, short and stocky. Started college about 2 years ago and quit working out. I worked out for around 2 years before and the whole time I was a low carb diet afraid of getting off because I knew I would gain weight. During that time I lost alot of weight but never gained a whole lot of good muscle mass. Now that ive gained alot of my weight back It doesnt matter and im open for any supplements and diet plan. Im looking to gain muscle and lose the extra pounds I put on. Anyone have any ideas on what supplements/diet would be good for my body type and goal? Thanks for the help.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Start eating about 6 small to medium meals a day consuming like 2900 cals. Workout and do cardio. As far as sups just look around. It sounds like your old enough to go hormonal if you want. maybe 11 oxo? I guess it just depends on how much youve been eating recently on your cals if thats too many or not enough change it up, cut out all the junk food and beer if you've been ingesting that and i think you'll lose weight.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Ok just wondering if anyone could give me a list of supplements protiens, vitamins whatever to help me out in my training.

Im 240 about 5'8, short and stocky. Started college about 2 years ago and quit working out. I worked out for around 2 years before and the whole time I was a low carb diet afraid of getting off because I knew I would gain weight. During that time I lost alot of weight but never gained a whole lot of good muscle mass. Now that ive gained alot of my weight back It doesnt matter and im open for any supplements and diet plan. Im looking to gain muscle and lose the extra pounds I put on. Anyone have any ideas on what supplements/diet would be good for my body type and goal? Thanks for the help.
here is my .02 centies

Before you dive into the supp world like its a big cabnet of magic pills let me give you a bit of advice.

There are no supplements thats going to perform miracles.

First off I would say get your diet straight. Not hey yeah my diet is pretty good, but straight. Total everything up, keep a record, count what you put in you. After you get a great diet going for about a month or two you could probably make good use of supps.

Here is what I rec.
Diet
Multivitamin
BCAA's
High protien intake.
If you want creatine and maybe a pre workout supp if you desire it.

Avoid hormonal things(PH/AAS [Prohormones/Steroids]) IMO until your body cant go no further with natural efforts, then with normal supplementation efforts. I say never use steroids myself, but see a Prohormone as decent once you reached a peak level.

Something that might help is to not be afraid of carbs, but to cut them off at a certain point every day. Like no carbs after 3pm. Some people try ketosis, which is a zero carb diet. I dont recommend that though, drains you way too much.

For the diet plan 6 saller meals work great for keeping your body anabolic and keeping your metabolism going. Consume most of your carbs breakfast/lunch for energy but tapper off later in the day so your body works on burning fat/cals instead.

What does your current diet look like? You want to cut out all MSG if possible, avoid high fructose corn syrup, and candy lol.

The 6 meal deal works good on the every 2 hours idea to keep your body going on smaller meals. Dont starve yourself. It makes your body go into a fat saving mode and you burn muscle instead.

When you do decided to use supps for fat loss there are a variety. I personally dont have too many issues with fatloss atm so I dont have a history of using them.

The quality of your foods matter alot. Wheat and whole grain bread is completly different than white bread. white bread is useless for your body.

Oatmeal
fruits
veggies
chicken
turkey
nuts
cheese
cottage cheese
2% milk

are some ideas.

My normal breakfast is oatmeal with a banana and protien shake and multivitamin.

Give us more of an idea about your diet, workout schedule, other factors that may help.

Cardio will be your best friend for fat loss workout wise. Which you probably know.