What to do

GridIron77

GridIron77

Awards
im 6' 1" and 265 pounds and im in football and have been practicing and my coach told me he would like to see me 10 lighter no losing the weight isnt a real problem for me because i know i can do it, the problem is we have practice from 5-930 at night and when i get home im starving and eat a pretty good amount. now after that i go to sleep around 11 or 12 no im wondering is it ok that i eat this late as long as its healthy foods? and will this affect my weight loss alot? im 18 so do you suggest a fat burner? and ive been interested in DTH but is it ok for me to take? and will i really benifit from it in football?

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
I wouldnt worry about it effecting your weight loss if you keep it clean. Right after a 4 hour practise your body would need a good meal lol. The protein and carbs you take in will go to repairing muscle tissue and replenishing glycogen, and not stored as fat so long as you keep the amount of carbs you take in reasonable.

GridIron77

GridIron77

Awards
so would 40g of protein and 20g carbs be good?

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Imo that wouldnt nearly be enough after a 4 hour football practice! I would do something like 50-70g of protein and atleast 50g of carbs. Even though you are trying to lose weight carbs are important for proper recovery after hard training, dont be afraid to eat carbs after your practice, at this time they wont stall your weight loss.

GridIron77

GridIron77

Awards
i thought your body can only process 50g of protein in one serving and the rest is just wasted? idk i might have read that wrong somewhere. ive noticed that i get filled with carbs pretty easy so is it ok that i get a good amount of those carbs from gatorade or powerade then the rest from bread or pasta? since i usually down a gatorade with my meal afterwards. and what about supplements? like the fat burner and i really want to know if its cool for me to use dth because ive heard alot from it. just for now im with my multi-v and whey.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
It would be fine to get most or all of those carbs from gatorade after your practice, it digests fast and would replensih your glycogen quickly. If you do have any breads or pasta make sure they are the whole grain variety. I wouldnt recommend either as a carb choice while trying to lose that 10lbs tho, sweet potatoes and brown rice are both less refined and arent as calorie dense.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
No worries. Some others will probably post as well with some other good suggestions and insights. As for fat burners at your size and age you could use them, but I wouldnt recommend it, taking a potent fat burner and practicing 4 hours in the summer heat could be dangerous. your getting in enough activity and as long as you keep your diet clean losing 10lbs should be easily accomplished.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Look into REDuction, found linked in my signature to Nutraplanet. It has a PM formula, which will help burn fat when you sleep. But I definitely advise taking a meal and protein shake after your football practice. Don't starve yourself, but it's possible by supplementation and tweeking your diet you can drop 10lbs without affecting your hydration, muscle status or any other concern you have.

Just watch the type of carbs you have before you go to bed

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should have no problems as long as you keep it clean and nutritious. Yams would be an excellent carb source. Make sure you get plenty of vegtables. The good thing about clean eating in your situation where your very hungry is it allows you to take in more volume food wise. So chicken, lean beef or fish with yams, green beans, brocolli, bell peppers. This would be extremely nutritious fill you up and help you to lose weight.