How many people use coffee here as their stim of choice?

Do you imbibe?

• Total voters
poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How many people use coffee as their stim of choice, either pre-workout, upon waking, or all day long? Just curious.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I need my coffee when i wake up..... Sometimes after lunch a starbucks vanilla latte is calling me and I have to go get one...

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
there's a purpose for this, so vote in the poll if it applies to you. :)

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
I dont drink coffee. So I quess I drink tea and like to cuddle!!:afro:

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
coffee for me... cheap and effective! :bruce2:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coffee was a primary supply until the stomach pains started. Now it's very rare I drink it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How much were you drinking, Jayhawkk?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i cant do warm liquids...

(i am probably asking for it with that comment)

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Coffee gives me an great rush, euphoric, unlike most of the stims I go with. It has always seemed to be the cleanest stim I have taken PW, but that could just be a psychological thought. It's a feel-good stim for me, as opposed to a gotta-lift-and-bite-tires mindscrew that I get from some other PW stims.

With that said, it is my stim of choice. RPM usually takes the cake for the ass-kicker, but I don't dose it that often. And I definintly refrain from using it at any other time of the day aside from from PW.

I enjoy coffee though... I'll drink decaf sometimes. Pills... not as enjoyable.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Euphoric, huh. I wish, though it is clean for me.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Cool poll.

I do like tea, but not for pre workout.

If I'm feeling sluggish at work, before I leave I'll drink a cup of Joe and then when I get home hit the gym.

I rarely use stims pre workout, but when I do it's either straight caffeine, coffee or Yellow nEuphoria.

poacher

Awards
  • Established
I drink about 10 cups a day on average during the week and about 5 or 6 on the week ends. Very good friend of mine [ actually we were more like brothers] drank 2 to 3 pots a day min. He used coffee so he could push himself to get more done. He passed away at 39 and left behind 2 young daughters and a wife. Heart attack. He wasnt even close to fat, and I will always think his coffee consumption contributed to his death.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
green tea - 3-4 cups a day. Caffine and Antioxidants +/- the cuddles

preWO - RPM or Zap

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
First thing when I get up and and randomly through out the day.

I have my own bean grinder and espresso station and will always poor over ice.

Also, does coffee affect blood sugar in any way?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, it does.

A new study of coffee and diabetes (Jan 2004) has shown that men who drank 6 cups of coffee a day reduced their chances of developing type-2 diabetes by half, and women who drank the same amount cut their risk by 30 percent. 126,000 people filled out questionnaires over the past 12-18 years with information about their coffee intake and other health questions.

In earlier studies, Dutch researchers discovered that there are compounds in coffee that aid the body's metabolism of sugar. Their study involved 17,000 men and women in the Netherlands. The results were published in November 2002, in the journal Lancet.

According to their study, people who drank 7 cups a day (or more) were 50% less likely to develop type 2 diabetes. Drinking less coffee had less of an impact on diabetes onset. Researchers are still looking at the connection between coffee and diabetes, and caution people that 7 cups of coffee per day is enough to create other health problems.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
stopped about 3 weeks ago for my Adrenalean log. Really just miss the taste!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was drinking about 4 large cups a day. I found one by folgers that is brewed to be easier on the stomach. I can enjoy a nice cup in the morning again!

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
yes, daily and pre-workout, I only use folgers tea bag type, though, less kickback. It doesnt seem to stim that much and I never really considered it as such It seems to be more of a cultural thing.

Last edited:
Shatter

Shatter

Awards
In the morning and pre-workout.

For some reason, caffeine pills do not give me as much energy and PEA makes me feel depressed.

lutherblsstt

I wonder if this applies to the disgusting canned coffee that I am forced to imbibe here in Japan?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wonder if this applies to the disgusting canned coffee that I am forced to imbibe here in Japan?
Yes, though it may not be as potent as fresh, high quality coffee. It'll still have some effect.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ive never drank coffee in my life, if you can believe that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dpfisher

I drink a ton of coffee sometimes. I also drink tea and like to cuddle.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need a resupply of your amazing coffee, Mr. Poison.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
i like it but i dont feel anything from it no matter how much i drink.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i like it but i dont feel anything from it no matter how much i drink.
try using it rectally.

/ might wanna wait until it cools off slightly.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coffee when i'm working... Hard to get going on those 12 hour shifts but i've been drinking hot spiced tea the last few weeks. Good stuff. I'll throw an energy drink if I need a jolt of energy before a workout. Working on making a purchase soon on a few things and a preworkout mix is high on the list.

Filthy McNast

Awards
I can't stand coffee because I don't like any warm liquids. I think I may be hot natured or something. I'd start sweating like a pig if I drank a cup of hot coffee. I go with NOS or Red Bull Pre-workout and it seems to help sustain me through the workout.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't stand coffee because I don't like any warm liquids. I think I may be hot natured or something. I'd start sweating like a pig if I drank a cup of hot coffee. I go with NOS or Red Bull Pre-workout and it seems to help sustain me through the workout.
that's what espresso is for: all the flavor, all the caffeinated fun, minus about 10oz of hot water. :D

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Coffee when i'm working... Hard to get going on those 12 hour shifts but i've been drinking hot spiced tea the last few weeks. Good stuff. I'll throw an energy drink if I need a jolt of energy before a workout. Working on making a purchase soon on a few things and a preworkout mix is high on the list.
ever tried endorush? as far as energy, it just pushes all the right buttons for me. i keep meaning to buy some white flood, but i stopped taking stims after the early afternoon for sleep purposes, and my workouts are at night, so no point.

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I drink the hell outta some coffee, but it's not for pre-workout or anything. Just a cup or two every morning. I'll have more if I have taken something to kick my @ss in gear. e.g. ephedrine, etc.!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Coffee in the am sometimes, always pre-workout. I find it to be better than a monster or redbull type drink.
I drink lots of tea otherwise,.. and absolutely love to cuddle,... with,... my girlie!!!

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I love coffee. Been drinking it almost everyday for a year.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I drink the hell outta some coffee, but it's not for pre-workout or anything. Just a cup or two every morning. I'll have more if I have taken something to kick my @ss in gear. e.g. ephedrine, etc.!
oh, thats not drinking the hell out of it. I'm a pot a day drinker...

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got my father one of those single cup pod brewers for Christmas. Best 30 dollars I've ever spent. It makes a cup of coffee in 30 seconds. I probably have 2-3 cups per day, maybe 1 preworkout but not usually. Love coffee!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
mmmm, coffee. I just had a killer cup of new stuff.