What supp to use for beastly building?

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Ok im a small guy, at least compared to most of you on this forum.
I just took some measurements and i would be ashamed except i just started this whole bodybuilding thing a week ago.

Chest:37
Arms:11
Shoulders:44
Abs: 31

As you can see, im no bodybuilder just yet. The chest and shoulders are only even that high because i have naturally wide shoulders and body.

What natural supp should i get to help me boost my system and build muscle fast? I want something natural, not roids. And i dont want to just bulk up, im a lean guy and i want to stay that way, i want defenition as much as i want size. Any suggestions?

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
food, sleep, hard training, and more food! thats all you need right now... when u hit your peak come talk to use about a supplement.

Thanks
GJJ

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Theres got to be something i could take. With so many at least one should be able to help.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Theres got to be something i could take. With so many at least one should be able to help.
I don't see a problem taking a creatine product. check out Green MAGnitude. It's natural.

But what you should understand is because you just started, you need to get a good diet, and training regiment down before advancing onto supplements. I'm just trying to save you the blood sweat, tears and money that I spent.

Get your diet and training down, and you will see gains that are very good.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The bulk Creatine Mono is OOS right now, will be back in mid-next week. One great alternative is the combo NeoVar/Kwick Karb 3.3lb Stack By: Applied Nutriceuticals . You get a top-notch creatine product with some great insulin properties, plus the WMS to maximize the effectiveness. It's a great combo.

But don't in any way think supplements are a necessity. You would be amazed at what a great transformation can be accomplished through a good diet + hard workouts. Good luck, and keep asking questions!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, the bulk kilo is OOS but I believe that with an e-mail contact to CS at [email protected] and or a comment in your order comment's section that you would like a bulk kilo you may be able to get 10x - Creatine Monohydrate (100 grams) By: NutraPlanet units at the bulk kilo price.

I have seen it work for 2x - 500g. It may or could also happen for this situation too.

NPCS is good like that. It's worth a shot.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Ok let's see..
Food
Intensity
Sleep
More food
If your extremely persistant on supps,
Creatine (Green Mag is great)
WMS
ALA

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
All you need to do it eat clean and healthy foods. Try and increase you protein intake. You do not need to spend really much on anything else except good food. If you have a hard time eating enough, chug down some protein shakes. Drink a shake of protein before you go to sleep.

Cleanly up your calories, with a bias towards protein and get a good 8 hours sleep. Oh yea, go lift something really heavy and do it again and again 5x/week.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Your getting great advice from everyone here about getting your diet and training down first before reaching for alot of supplements. When I first started I was supplement crazy but it wasnt until I got a good diet in place that I started to really make gains. For any beginner I would only recommend a good multivitamin and some whey protein. I would wait until you had a solid 3-6 months of eating and training under your belt before you invested in creatine or other supps. After that time your body will be ready for a little boost, and you will have much better results and more tangible gains, since you will have some time before hand to compare against.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I have this Magic Pill. You only have to take it once it's cost is .02.
You'll get huge in just three minutes and you don't have to Train, eat, rest. None of that crap.............Is that what you want to hear? Go to bb.com if it is cause that crap ain't gonna happen here.
If you want to grow you need to do what it takes. And time is one of the parts to this equation. There is no Magic Pill.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
All the supplements in the world won't help if you arent eating more than your maintenance calories and training based on your size goals.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Well ive got the diet down. Im getting tons of protein in, including at least 2 protein shakes a day. Not so much carbs, but plenty of fruit and vegetbles.
Im also hitting the gym 5x a week if i can with a rotating islolation workout, ie: shoulders monday, back and abs tuesday, and so on

So i ill just stick with what im doing know and look into supps later when ive actually got something to supp.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well ive got the diet down. Im getting tons of protein in, including at least 2 protein shakes a day. Not so much carbs, but plenty of fruit and vegetbles.
Im also hitting the gym 5x a week if i can with a rotating islolation workout, ie: shoulders monday, back and abs tuesday, and so on

So i ill just stick with what im doing know and look into supps later when ive actually got something to supp.
Would you mind posting you daily diet for us to critique?

I have talked to many people that say there diet is good, and that they eat a ton of food, but when they actually lay it out and add up the macros it really isn't near what it should be at.

Not saying this is the case with you, just trying to help.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Also why isolation movements?
Predominantly compound is the way to go. Rippetoe 3x5 is really good for beginning lifters. Its pretty much all compound exercises. Your legs also get big prety fast (Which allows for greater upper body muscle building later on).

polo

polo

Awards
nothin as good as ph's
in gaining.

not much natural stuff gets u beastly.

polo

polo

Awards
but then again my image of beastly is
seeing denis wolf benching 500 lbs.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
NerdFlexd,

In fact, Mark Rippetoe has a book out called "Starting Strength" (edition 2), it's the book to get on basic weight training. This is the most anabolic source you can find right now. He teachs people how to do the squat and the deadlift correctly. You will gain more strength and dense muscle size faster this way then any other way.

Really, even if you just want to look cool, the complex body movements, and particularly the squat and deadlift will build you faster than anything. They ARE the secret.

Tuberman

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
NerdFlexd,

In fact, Mark Rippetoe has a book out called "Starting Strength" (edition 2), it's the book to get on basic weight training. This is the most anabolic source you can find right now. He teachs people how to do the squat and the deadlift correctly. You will gain more strength and dense muscle size faster this way then any other way.

Really, even if you just want to look cool, the complex body movements, and particularly the squat and deadlift will build you faster than anything. They ARE the secret.

Tuberman
Reps

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
NerdFlexd,

Tuberman
:goodpost::goodpost:

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
An average days food for me.
Morning:2-3 eggs, w/ 2 servings of cheese. Either a serving of meat in the eggs or on the side, ie ham omelet or bacon on the side. Usually have an apple or a banana with it, and then a 1300 calorie protein shake(cream, water, Designer Whey, peanut butter, sweetener)
Snack:
A couple strips of beef jerky.
Lunch:
2 servings of fish or 2 servings of steak w/ a side of cheese covered brocoli. Also some fruit like watermelon or grapes.
Snack:
More beaf jerky.
Post-Workout Shake:
65-70g of protein.
Dinner:
Steak, chicken, turkey, or some other meat, usually with a side of vegetables and a fruit for desert.

What would be a good set of compound exercises to use? I don't know that many.
Any thing you could add to help is greatly apprecciated.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
I also drink about 2.5 liters of water a day, along with a few glasses of green tea. Im addicted to the stuff. And all servings of meat are large and hefty, ie, i have about a pound of steak each go.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First thing that stands out is you are not getting enough water. I would raise the water to at least 4 litres. You seem to be getting plenty of protein but maybe not enough carbs, eat some rice, oats yams and not so much fruit. I am not so crazy about beef jerky but it's a lot better than some things I guess would rather see you take in a can of tuna or chicken breast.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
You seem to eat giant meals, especially your breakfast and then just use the jerky as a small snack. I would recommend eating a smaller breakfast, and then eating another whole meal in place of the jerky, and same with your lunch and afternoon snack.It will be easier for your body to process the 4 smaller meals than the huge meals your currently eating. I also dont think 65-70grams of protein post workout at 165lbs, 40-50 would be more than enough and save you money.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Any recommendations on a some good compound workouts?

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
NerdFlexd,

As stated above the squat and deadlift are the premium exercises. It doesn't take too many more to have a great workout routine. The bench and power clean could be added to this and perhaps bent-over rowing using a barbell. Alternatively, pushups and pullups are good bodyweight exercises, and are excellent for upper body strength. But, upper body strength goes much further if you strengthen your legs and lower back at the same time.

The problem is that the compound exercises such as the squat, deadlift, and power clean need to be done right for best results and to avoid injury, so you need to LEARN how to use the correct form. Only a rare few of the personal trainers know how to do these exercise with good form -- there is a lot to it. The book I recommended earlier teachs correct form on all the major compound barbell exercises. There is nearly 60 pages on how to squat correctly to gain maxium results, with similar info on the deadlift, the bench press, and etc.

You probably won't listen to this advice, as you carried preconceived ideas before you came here. That's OK, we all have to learn our own way.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
All the basic compoud lifts, bench press, barbell curls, military press, squats, deads.

Add in a couple meal replacement shakes like Muscle Milk, something with good calories & fat. At 6 foot, 165 lbs you need to gain gain gain. After each workout you should have DOS (delayed onset soreness) 2 days after the workout otherwise you've accomplished nothing. You need to grow over 185 lbs for your height to really be worrying about supps. Your muscle need to be sore sore sore! Love the pain.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All the basic compoud lifts, bench press, barbell curls, military press, squats, deads.

Add in a couple meal replacement shakes like Muscle Milk, something with good calories & fat. At 6 foot, 165 lbs you need to gain gain gain. After each workout you should have DOS (delayed onset soreness) 2 days after the workout otherwise you've accomplished nothing. You need to grow over 185 lbs for your height to really be worrying about supps. Your muscle need to be sore sore sore! Love the pain.
Yes these are the lifts to do if you want to get big a couple points I have to add though. I can't begin to express how important technique is.. it will help you to avoid injury and you will get a lot better gains.

Don't be afraid to take weight off the bar! If you can't perform a full range of motion then it's too fuggin heavy. This is the number one mistake I see people making in the gym. Don't let you ego get in the way and in the long run you will be stronger and look better. It's just hilarious when you see these guys with there big weight and bad form getting nowhere month after month.

So if you don't kniow how to do these lifts very, very well learn how and use light weight to learn.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
squat, dead lift, bench (i perfer incline) and give yourself 3 months, your body will change, eating enough food (the amount people here speak of) is expensive. so make sure you can get that out of the way before supps. as well shakes are NOT meals (i only use shakes pre/post lifting) your body uses whole foods much better then MRP and shakes (shakes do have a place)

also food (whole foods esp) are very anabolic!

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
You probably won't listen to this advice, as you carried preconceived ideas before you came here. That's OK, we all have to learn our own way.
Only idiots refuse the advice of people with more expirience. Im glad for any tips and i completely agree that form is a MUST. Its better to go slow and learn it the right way then to hurt myself and not be able to workout because i was to stupid to do it right.

I go to a small gym at my local YMCA and it doesn't have a squat rack. There is a squat machine, but is that the same thing? Is there another way to do squats w.o a rack?
This is the machine at my gym:
Cybex International - Strength - Eagle | Leg Press

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Your gym doesnt have a squat rack? SWITCH GYMS!! hahaha. That machine is a hack squat, which is a good movement for the quads to be sure, but it cant in anyway replace the barbell squat. Is there a smith machine in your gym? if nothing else you could do smith machine squats, both front and back.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
If you'd ask me, since you're trying to bulk up and maintain low BF%, I'd switch the lunch meal.

I think you def need some brown rice, sweet potatoes, oats in your diet. Maybe switch breakfast to an oat meal and add some potatoes in your lunch along with your broccoli and fish?

Just an idea. It doesn't seem like you've got enough carbs to pack on some extra pounds nor the calories.

NerdFlexd

NerdFlexd

Awards
Its a seriously small gym. No smith machine either. and i can't switch. I have no car and i there aren't any close enough to get to.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I built my own gym, all you need is a barbell, bench, squat rack, and of course weights. The whole package deal you can find for under $500, which now adays is like a 2 year gym membership, and you'll have these weights long enough to pass onto your son.