Major Muscle Cramps!!!

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
I have been using AP and DTH for about 3 weeks now and about 2 weeks ago I had major cramping that started in my legs and moved up all the way through my back to my shoulders and arms! It was bad enough to where I had to miss 2 days of work and spend the whole weekend laying around. I went to the doc and he said it was a virus, the cramps ended up going away and in a little more than a week(today) it all started up again! Well I'm wondering if it is possible for AP or DTH to cause this? Also has anyone has experienced these symptoms while using either one of these? Thanks in advance

touchdownthirty

touchdownthirty

Awards
hey man. i experience HORRIBLE muscle cramps myself. my arms would lock up during basic movements like brushing my teeth or washing my face. sometimes my back would also cramp with simple supersets. i train with a gal named martie behrens who is a former world class track athlete and she recommended a supplement for these cramps: HEED by Hammer Nutrition. It is a electrolyte drink with 25g of complex carbs (with very high GI's). The label is pretty cut and dry-nothing to drool over, however, the results were superb. ZERO cramps while on this supp.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
I've never had issues with cramps or soreness/pains like this in the past this is something that started after I started using these 2 products. I'm thinking I should discontinue both and see if the pain stops and in a few weeks introduce 1 of the supps at a time and see which one is causing the pain.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Electrolytes / More WATER / GlycerGROW / Poseidon

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Electrolytes(Poseidon), taurine, and of course water :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sometimes supp use creates a need for increased hydration. I was taking in 4 litres and had to increase it to 5 when taking Recrete then when the hot weather came I had to add another litre.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
try adding in calcium/manganese/magnesium, a banana and double your water intake. :head:

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
I already drink 1.5gal a day at a minimum. I'll look into the other stuff you guys said, I already have GG in my shopping cart on NP.
Thanks guys!

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Try potassium gluconate, I take ~200mg/day (2 tabs, at 3%dv each) along with a double daily vitamin (equate) and have not had any craps thus far since may, when I was getting a couple every week. Potassium is helpful in preventing craps, that's why bananas are always recommended! GNC even has cheap potassium, it's like 4 bucks.