Rhodiola rosea

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Was seriously thinking to add some Rhodiola rosea to my daily supp list. I've researched the hell out of it and it does sound like something to try.

Anyone give me a clue as to which brand to go with, experiences, results, doses etc.?

Thanks, Jag

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Was seriously thinking to add some Rhodiola rosea to my daily supp list. I've researched the hell out of it and it does sound like something to try.

Anyone give me a clue as to which brand to go with, experiences, results, doses etc.?

Thanks, Jag
try double dosing NOW's Rosea - http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/now-foods/rhodiola-60-caps-500-mg.html

i will check to see if you can order small bulk orders of the rhodiola from our manufacturer if your interested. we use 15% rosavin in our Ebol formula, which is the most potent i have seen as of today. maybe nutraplanet can buy some bulk and sell 15% RR capped :)

i have never tried RR by itself but i notice better recovery, lower stress, and a great mood (mainly mood that i notice) when supplementing something with RR in it.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I haven't used it lately, but I believe it is a very good addition. I suggest bulk powder so you can experiment with dosages economically. Generally speaking, I found it effective at dosages of about 1.5-2g/day.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
try double dosing NOW's Rosea - http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/now-foods/rhodiola-60-caps-500-mg.html

i will check to see if you can order small bulk orders of the rhodiola from our manufacturer if your interested. we use 15% rosavin in our Ebol formula, which is the most potent i have seen as of today. maybe nutraplanet can buy some bulk and sell 15% RR capped :)

i have never tried RR by itself but i notice better recovery, lower stress, and a great mood (mainly mood that i notice) when supplementing something with RR in it.
I have found I really like RR. Something of this quality available would be AWSOME to try.

I liked E-Bol a lot for the mood, energy, and stress handling effects, but didn't get very much else except maybe a little bit more endurance. I would love to use it again, just not for the price it is being offered at currently. I hear rumors of a reformulation in the works though.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
milwood, how do you find that dose? I've heard small amounts are stimulating while larger doses are sedating but I wasn't clear on what small doses are!!

I was going to add it to my Co.Q10 / Idebenone dose at breakfast but most articles say take on an empty stomach. So now i'm thinking of taking it pre workout....which is before breakfast.

ralph4u2c, NOW has a pretty good reputation and they're cheap so thanks for that. I'll definitely go with a bulk order though once I've decided if i will use it regularly or not.

I have plenty of "00" caps. Any idea how much R.R. you could stuff into them?

Would love to hear from people of different age groups and their different opinions on it.

Jag

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
milwood, how do you find that dose? I've heard small amounts are stimulating while larger doses are sedating but I wasn't clear on what small doses are!!

I was going to add it to my Co.Q10 / Idebenone dose at breakfast but most articles say take on an empty stomach. So now i'm thinking of taking it pre workout....which is before breakfast.

ralph4u2c, NOW has a pretty good reputation and they're cheap so thanks for that. I'll definitely go with a bulk order though once I've decided if i will use it regularly or not.

Would love to hear from people of different age groups and their different opinions on it.

Jag
yes i heard that to much RR can make you sleepy but never using high amounts of RR, i am not aware of the max dose before this occurs. 1-2g sounds about right, if you get sleepy just lower the dose.

00 capsules can hold between ~500-1000mg depending on the powder.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established

Jag
Just experimentation. I would suggest you try it starting at 2 500mg doses per day, either AM and PM, or pre-workout if you like and PM. See how it goes. My thing is that I have discovered that there are so many decent herbal products like this, but many times I don't get too much until I double or triple the "suggested" dose. This is not always true, but in my experience its 80% of the time. So you could get the NOW brand and try that with the caps.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes i heard that to much RR can make you sleepy but never using high amounts of RR, i am not aware of the max dose before this occurs. 1-2g sounds about right, if you get sleepy just lower the dose.

00 capsules can hold between ~500-1000mg depending on the powder.
Yeah, I always found this interesting about rhodiola. Small doses seem to make for some good energy and help with stress levels, but too much will put you to sleep.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
More is not better with RR. Now's caps are perfect, and 1-3 split throughout the day work great. Higher amounts, such are in Ebol, give me WICKED headaches and lethargy. I wouldn't care to try a high percentage extract, or a higher dose.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
More is not better with RR. Now's caps are perfect, and 1-3 split throughout the day work great. Higher amounts, such are in Ebol, give me WICKED headaches and lethargy. I wouldn't care to try a high percentage extract, or a higher dose.
That goes along with everything i've read. Thanks for the feedback.

Do you take them with or without food?

Jag

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
I tried stacking NOW Rhodiola rosea with NOW Ashwagandha @ 1 cap of each twice a day and it makes me very sleepy...one of these I guess I'm going to have to drop...probably will drop the Ashwagandha and see how that goes...maybe get some Astaxanthin to stack with the R.R. for a good cortisol/recovery stack...?

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
I tried stacking NOW Rhodiola rosea with NOW Ashwagandha @ 1 cap of each twice a day and it makes me very sleepy...one of these I guess I'm going to have to drop...probably will drop the Ashwagandha and see how that goes...maybe get some Astaxanthin to stack with the R.R. for a good cortisol/recovery stack...?
try it but RR has made people sleepy at certain dosages so keep that in mind, may have to lower dosage as RR is dose dependent for some people.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
try it but RR has made people sleepy at certain dosages so keep that in mind, may have to lower dosage as RR is dose dependent for some people.
Thx..I'll see about taking the 1 cap...if thats still too much than the only left (other than dropping) is to switch to bulk so I can play more with the dose.