better at blocking cortisol
- 07-08-2008, 11:24 PM
- 07-09-2008, 01:04 AM
- 07-09-2008, 01:06 AM
07-09-2008, 01:28 AM
07-09-2008, 01:36 AM
I have said it once before on a similar thread... Pauling's Baby Vitamin C. Take 2000-3000 mg before the Gym and 2000-3000 mg afterward. Don't get any cheaper...
07-09-2008, 01:40 AM
07-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Actually you can tell a rather noticeable difference it really helps recovery....
here is a little clip from a site summarizing some findings:
Vitamin C: This vitamin, mainly known for it's anti-oxidant properties, may also have some anti-cortisol effects. A study done by Stone entitled "Effects of Vitamin C on Cortisol and the Testosterone: Cortisol Ratio" showed a decrease in cortisol levels in 17 junior elite weight lifters. This study also showed that the individuals taking Vitamin C (an extra gram a day) improved their testosterone:cortisol ratio by over 20%. This type of decrease in cortisol can lead to increased muscle and connective-tissue hypertrophy and enhanced recovery from training. Since Vitamin C also decreases your chances of suffering from a cold or flu infection by 30% (14) and may aid in collagen synthesis, it would be wise to take some extra vitamin C when involved in an intense weight-training program.
Similar Forum Threads
- By lilman in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 15Last Post: 05-17-2009, 11:56 PM
- By riskarb in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2004, 10:54 AM
- By alpha6164 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 15Last Post: 08-05-2003, 11:44 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 01-27-2003, 01:35 AM
- By smokinghawk in forum General ChatReplies: 11Last Post: 01-07-2003, 12:01 AM