better at blocking cortisol
- 07-08-2008, 10:24 PM
- 07-09-2008, 12:04 AM
07-09-2008, 12:06 AM
07-09-2008, 12:28 AM
07-09-2008, 12:36 AM
I have said it once before on a similar thread... Pauling's Baby Vitamin C. Take 2000-3000 mg before the Gym and 2000-3000 mg afterward. Don't get any cheaper...
07-09-2008, 12:40 AM
07-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Actually you can tell a rather noticeable difference it really helps recovery....
here is a little clip from a site summarizing some findings:
Vitamin C: This vitamin, mainly known for it's anti-oxidant properties, may also have some anti-cortisol effects. A study done by Stone entitled "Effects of Vitamin C on Cortisol and the Testosterone: Cortisol Ratio" showed a decrease in cortisol levels in 17 junior elite weight lifters. This study also showed that the individuals taking Vitamin C (an extra gram a day) improved their testosterone:cortisol ratio by over 20%. This type of decrease in cortisol can lead to increased muscle and connective-tissue hypertrophy and enhanced recovery from training. Since Vitamin C also decreases your chances of suffering from a cold or flu infection by 30% (14) and may aid in collagen synthesis, it would be wise to take some extra vitamin C when involved in an intense weight-training program.
Similar Forum Threads
- By stick75 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 3Last Post: 07-02-2012, 10:01 PM
- By kingdong in forum General ChatReplies: 14Last Post: 07-10-2011, 08:27 PM
- By iwinulose2980 in forum Training ForumReplies: 36Last Post: 02-28-2005, 05:50 PM
- By bigbadboss101 in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 03-26-2003, 04:53 PM
- By JohnGafnea in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 03-13-2003, 07:46 PM