What carb sources have you found best with AP?

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
I've heard at elast 60g of complex carbs. I'm thinking oats an WW pasta, but I'm looking for personal experience, what works best for you?

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Any thing really, I use a mix, 60gms complex 15 min after Pslin, then about 50gms simple carbs during my workout.

edwardyi

edwardyi

Awards
I used to eat white bread, white rice, and oatmeal as my carb source (bad) but after i bought p-slin and anabolic pump, i went grocery shopping for whole wheat bread, brown rice and oatmeals.

I find using any of the 3 low gi carb sources work really well.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Get a coffee grinder and some oats, add them to your shakes!

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have always noticed best results with whole wheat/whole grain carb sources. Oats are my favorite, as they are quick and convenient. Just grind up 1-2 cup in a coffe grinder add some milk and chug.

WMS has also been great with AP right before training.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love the combo of basmati rice and honey. Oats and berries is also another option that works well for me.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
OATS, grind'em up in a blender when I make my shakes.Tasty.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
OATS, grind'em up in a blender when I make my shakes.Tasty.

I ground oats before I learned about WMS. The texture is much better, and even helps improve the taste of whey isolates + water, imo. I love my CarbSlam, but when it's gone, I'll probably go back to oats. How much nutritional value do I lose with WMS vs ground oats?

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
I've seen the best results taking it w/o carbs.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I ground oats before I learned about WMS. The texture is much better, and even helps improve the taste of whey isolates + water, imo. I love my CarbSlam, but when it's gone, I'll probably go back to oats. How much nutritional value do I lose with WMS vs ground oats?
I use both, Immediate post workout is
70g WMS, 50g Whey, 10g Creatine, 8g BCAA's
then thirty minutes later
2cup oats, 50g whey, 1scoop Natty p-nut butter, 1 Banana, 2 cups whole milk and some ice cubes.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Blasphemy! Serious?
Haha yes! I am low-no carb five days per week and extremely high carb two days per week. I've used AP before during the first two days low carb each week to help lower blood sugar and it works like a charm! I love the increased hardness and vascularity from this product.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty sure WMS is very nutrient poor. From TP's nutrition label, no vitamins and pure carbs. So you're losing everything. I'd say go with the oats, but that's just me.
Then again, I don't even do shakes if I can help it, so I must be crazy ;)
AP + Oats + Berries = Perfect Combo.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure WMS is very nutrient poor. From TP's nutrition label, no vitamins and pure carbs. So you're losing everything. I'd say go with the oats, but that's just me.
Then again, I don't even do shakes if I can help it, so I must be crazy ;)
AP + Oats + Berries = Perfect Combo.
Haha, not crazy at all. I feel pangs of guilt for all but my "just out of bed" and post workout shakes (and the few bars I eat when time is short), lol. Having the food on-hand is the tough part for me. I boil eggs and chicken to keep in the fridge lately so i have a quick meal ready to go at any time. It's all about portability and storability for me.

Eggs + Chicken + greens + salsa + granola = super salad.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Is WMS really not a good idea with AP??

I dont have a coffee grinder so taking down uncooked oats if VERY difficult ( hard to cook oats at the time when I need to eat my preWO meal )

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established

I dont have a coffee grinder so taking down uncooked oats if VERY difficult ( hard to cook oats at the time when I need to eat my preWO meal )
WMS is awesome for post workout. Don't worry. Just don't try to replace all carbs with it if you can help it. Waxy maize starch still has a place in my daily diet, and thanks to AP I can eat more oats and toast than I would be able to otherwise.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking kwik karb would give you 50 grams of carbs and would be great for going with your PWO meal. I always have a chicken breast PWO, zero carbs. I have AP now, so when I start I figure I could do that. Then again 2 slices of my wheat bread is 40 carbs.... which I eat with my lunch, and breakfast is oatmeal which has about 30 carbs, Add in a slice of bread to that and I get me needed amounts.

just meh 2 centz

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established

coffee grinders can be had at the local grocery store for less than $15.

I'm sure a sweet potatoe would be good with AP too. Its low GI and nutrient dense.

I took the plunge and ordered AP a few days ago. I do low carb three days and one day HIGH carb, HIGH calories, to keep my body guessing. I'm hoping AP can shuffle the nutes into my muscles on the high carb days and during breakfast on the low carb (when i have oatmeal)

:afro:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established

Take a cup of dry rolled oats and put it in yogurt then stick it in the fridge. The yogurt saturates the oats and your get Museli pretty much. Also if you have a microwave handy it realistically takes about 8 minutes to not only make oatmeal but eat it as well.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Take a cup of dry rolled oats and put it in yogurt then stick it in the fridge. The yogurt saturates the oats and your get Museli pretty much. Also if you have a microwave handy it realistically takes about 8 minutes to not only make oatmeal but eat it as well.
This is smart. I've been soaking oats in the fridge in a whey / water mixture.. Blender beats the crap outta them when they are saturated.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I second the oats in yogurt, only I don't wait for the oats to get soft. I like to feel like I am chewing my food for the psychological factor.

Plain Greek style yogurt if you can get it.
1 packet Splenda
dash Vanilla
a few cut up strawberries
3 eggs beaten
oats added until thick.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I take this to work for my mid-morning and mid afternoon meals on WO days:

6 whole eggs
1 scoop of whey
1 cup of oats
1 lrge banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
200ml full cream
1 tsp spirulina
top up with milk

Blended and put in a thermos.

Nutrient/AntiOxidant/Calorie dense superfood.

JDF

Awards
  • Established

I think I'll give this a try, I have just putting dry oats in my mouth and washing it down with water. I imagine this will make life easier

I think I'll try using my WMS PostWO instead of preWO from now on.

Thanks for the help guys!

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
I think I'll give this a try, I have just putting dry oats in my mouth and washing it down with water. I imagine this will make life easier
That's hardcore! o_O

I imagine it'll help too, lol

CrzyHrse

CrzyHrse

Awards
That's hardcore! o_O

I imagine it'll help too, lol

Just make sure you buy the whole oats, not the instant or quick oats - they don't taste the same for some reason, and they get stuck in your teeth more. Just put 'em in a cup and eat 'em like a horse with some water. Actually, with some water with WMS in it. I use that combo. It's really not too bad.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just make sure you buy the whole oats, not the instant or quick oats - they don't taste the same for some reason, and they get stuck in your teeth more. Just put 'em in a cup and eat 'em like a horse with some water. Actually, with some water with WMS in it. I use that combo. It's really not too bad.
In the words of Samuel L. Jackson:

"thats some fcuked up repugnant sh1t!"

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
No...Really....oats are good. Doesn't anybody else do this?? I must be f**kin nuts

Bro, you are a maniac... I've never heard anyone else do this. I have read articles about pro BBers doing this 2 or three days away from competition to dry their bodies out though...

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No...Really....oats are good. Doesn't anybody else do this?? I must be f**kin nuts
man, I eat oats by the trough full CrzyHrse. I reackon it's the best complex carb source for PSlin meals