Arachidonic Acid and fat gain?

Kc2554

Awards
Has anyone experience or heard of higher than normal fat gain while supplementing with AA?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Should definitely be the opposite.

Kc2554

Awards
Thanks guys...would a CKD diet work well with the AA?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no particular reason why not, just keep fish oil reasonable. for a cut i'm assuming?

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
When I cut down on my Omega-3s and allow more Omega-6 fats in my diet (to increase my natural amount of arachidonic acid), I notice a slight increase in fat gain.

I've also seen a study that showed that increasing your Omega-3 fats (with a fishoil supplement) caused more fat loss than not supplementing with fishoil.

But Im ok with a little more fat gain as long as I'm aware of what Im getting into and I gain more muscle.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AA makes cutting much easier for me because I can run a mild kcal difference and still get outstanding fat loss and usually a little LBM gain as well.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I have heardsome minor water retention, this might be the reason why. But it will all go away ;)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys...would a CKD diet work well with the AA?
I would not recommend it. Keep the carbs reasonnable. You might get extremely sore, and will have a hard time recovering from training on a low carb and AA regimen.

If you are able to tough it up, then you are definetly a dedicated guy, and you should see great results. Just be carefull not to overtrain!

Kc2554

Awards
Thank you all for your replies! I have seen a trend in fat gain, but I have come to the conclusion that it is my diet. I have been following CKD, BUT (and this is a BIG but) I have not been meticulous with the calories.

On July 8th, I made sure of my calorie intake, and the weight is now coming down.

On a side note, carbing up has been (and still) a learning process that I have not mastered, and seems to send my progress backwards...